Pre-Purchase NEVADA Test and Training Range

KEULE

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to All! A bit Off Topic!

Reading a bit in the news I have Found this very interesting article on our subjetc Nevada and his colours in an flight of a GoPro in a ballon in to the space by Arizona Students!

Hope you enjoy!

Martim

MSI Z390 Gaming Plus Intel I7 8700 @4.4Ghz CoolerMaster H411R Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 32GB NVidea GTX 1080 TI XFX650W PNY SSD 256gb win10 64 Samsung SSD480gb DCS,IL21946 WD Caviar Green 1Tb Ultimate Tir5.

Same as listed for 2.0 minus the ability to add new maps/terrain.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi guys I'm new to DCS amd flight sims in general. Just have one question should I buy this new map or a new plane? Currently the only module I own is flaming cliffs 3. I don't have the money to get both at the moment sadly. This simulation is absolutely fantastic by the way :D

Hi guys I'm new to DCS amd flight sims in general. Just have one question should I buy this new map or a new plane? Currently the only module I own is flaming cliffs 3. I don't have the money to get both at the moment sadly. This simulation is absolutely fantastic by the way :D

Well, it's up to you, but I would buy the map now and wait for sale when you can buy an aircraft really cheap. Simply, you already have 9 aircraft and only one map. On the other hand, if you're new to the sim, you probably haven't explored the Caucasus map enough to become bored. Additionally, if you buy the map you will have to wait for it, while you can buy an aircraft and fly it immediately.

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

I say go for the map. You say you are a new to flight sims, the FC3 planes offer quite a lot of content for anyone but they are ideally suited to beginners. Get to grips with the planes, figure out the specifics of BFM (Basic Flight Maneuvers) and BVR (Beyond Visual Range) combat, learn to use all the weapon systems etc. This will take quite a bit of your time and by the time you get proficient with most of them the map will probably be released, and you will be ready for the free campaigns you would get from the pre-order.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Welcome around :)

I'd get a DCS module. You're new and even after years of playing the Caucassus map still has plenty to offer and all campaigns of all modules are exclusively on it. If you like Flaming Cliff aircrafts and would like to get a bit more serious or go further into the hobby getting the Nevada map isn't the next logical thing to do. Especially since it won't be released before the end of the year, in an early alpha state and without any campaigns before some time.

I would advise you to get either DCS A-10C Warthog or Blackshark 2. Both of these modules are fully simulated cockpit/systems best sellers and fantastic modules that you can enjoy for hundreds upon hundreds of hours right now on the caucassus map and in the near future once the Nevada map gets released.

When the Nevada map gets released in a few months from now (probably a year or more from now in a more finished and complete state) I'm sure you'll be able to afford it long before then.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi NimbleZA,

Welcome to DCS!

I have an extra NTTR key. If you have not pulled the trigger yet, PM me with your username and email and I will bind the map to you and send you the key. Then you can go buy the module of your choice. :pilotfly:

That said, the A10C is a must have.

<S>

Edited by MegOhm_SD
  • Like 2

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hi NimbleZA,

Welcome to DCS!

I have an extra NTTR key. If you have not pulled the trigger yet, PM me with your username and email and I will bind the map to you and send you the key. Then you can go buy the module of your choice. :pilotfly:

<S>

Wow that's amazingly generous of you! I shall accept your offer kind sir! I must say this is the most welcoming community I have ever seen!

I definitely want to give the A10C a look. From what I've heard the complexity and quality of the A10C is the best in any flight sim ever. Truly exciting stuff :D Another plane I've heard good stuff about is the MIG21 so looking forward to picking her up as well. And of course I'll be picking up the black shark one day, If I remember correctly it's one of DCS first aircraft?

I'm hoping with the new map will come training missions for the F15C? I've been flying her and she's an absolute joy to pilot. I still have a lot to learn though! I feel there is so much I do not understand about her so I'm reading the PDF flight manual in the hopes of least understanding the instrumentation. I'm a brand a brand new flight simmer so the learning curve is quite steep but I'm willing to stick it out and learn and hopefully one day I'll be able to handle my aircraft like you guys :)

Wow that's amazingly generous of you! I shall accept your offer kind sir! I must say this is the most welcoming community I have ever seen!

I definitely want to give the A10C a look. From what I've heard the complexity and quality of the A10C is the best in any flight sim ever. Truly exciting stuff :D Another plane I've heard good stuff about is the MIG21 so looking forward to picking her up as well. And of course I'll be picking up the black shark one day, If I remember correctly it's one of DCS first aircraft?

I'm hoping with the new map will come training missions for the F15C? I've been flying her and she's an absolute joy to pilot. I still have a lot to learn though! I feel there is so much I do not understand about her so I'm reading the PDF flight manual in the hopes of least understanding the instrumentation. I'm a brand a brand new flight simmer so the learning curve is quite steep but I'm willing to stick it out and learn and hopefully one day I'll be able to handle my aircraft like you guys :)

The mig15 is also really fun but combat is difficult only having canons and no radar (I'm awful with canons). The mig21 is my favorite plane so far. It's a blast to fly and just following the start up procedures is a joy. Either way I think whichever modules you choose you will have a ton of fun.

Hi NimbleZA,

Welcome to DCS!

<S>

:thumbup: How many extra copies do you have?

After reading forum posts I recall the F-5E in development. Doubt it will come soon. So I am looking at the NTTR or Mirage 2000 in the short term. Not sure which to get first. Mirage 2000 is only the C, so maybe that will have to be bought later. Unless it ends up being Exocet capable? :D

I am also hoping they get a good template released for it so I can attempt to make skins. Getting bored of the F-15/Su-27 only.

Great pictures indeed, I like it a lot.

Now the next step is to resolve the LOD on textures further away. The mountains still look too blurry. I hope that's something solvable. :)

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

• ED Team

Now the next step is to resolve the LOD on textures further away. The mountains still look too blurry. I hope that's something solvable. :)

Perhaps you would prefer really tiny maps or heavy fogging so you dont need to worry about performance?

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Perhaps you would prefer really tiny maps so you dont need to worry about performance?

No I would prefer good loking large maps... I don't understand your attitude here. I surely hope that this is something that can be done in much nicer way than it is now.

I agree, I love the map and am excited for it, but the blurry mountains have always caught my attention a bit, I figured they were just wip. Still, beats the pyramids we have currently I guess.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I agree, I love the map and am excited for it, but the blurry mountains have always caught my attention a bit, I figured they were just wip. Still, beats the pyramids we have currently I guess.

Well that's for sure. The mountains in Nevada have great shapes, but the LOD which is used seems to bee too much agressive at the moment.

• ED Team
No I would prefer good loking large maps... I don't understand your attitude here. I surely hope that this is something that can be done in much nicer way than it is now.

You have been told that there is going to have to be performance considerations, you cant load an entire map and expect to have high FPS, distance meshes and textures have to be reduced a reasonable amount. As well, you havent even got your hands on this yet, you need to hold judgement tilll you can fly in it yourself, ED knowns what they are doing, and they are trying to give us the best they can within the limits of our little computers... DCS is cranking out some of the biggest maps around in a flight sim, add in the depth of the simulation, number of units, etc.... and you have to balance it for performance.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You have been told that there is going to have to be performance considerations, you cant load an entire map and expect to have high FPS, distance meshes and textures have to be reduced a reasonable amount. As well, you havent even got your hands on this yet, you need to hold judgement tilll you can fly in it yourself, ED knowns what they are doing, and they are trying to give us the best they can within the limits of our little computers... DCS is cranking out some of the biggest maps around in a flight sim, add in the depth of the simulation, number of units, etc.... and you have to balance it for performance.

But I'm not pasing any judgements here... I'm not doing any reviews. The map will be in alpha phase when released so I understand that it has some issues.

I'm just expressing my actual feelings about the LOD beeing used and I hope they can be resolved...

• ED Team
But I'm not pasing any judgements here... I'm not doing any reviews. The map will be in alpha phase when released so I understand that it has some issues.

I'm just expressing my actual feelings about the LOD beeing used and I hope they can be resolved...

There is nothing to be resolved. That is how it looks now, and is not an issue. See the FAQ for 1.5/2.0

64Sig.png

agree with you, LOD mesh and texture resolution needs more improvements but all we need to wait the improvement updates till the final version.

but map looks awesome anyway:)