Tacca's NVG mod for 2.5+

I download the mod into JSGME but when I start up beta I dont see the NVG controls in the control menu. How do I map this MOD?

What aircraft is this for? This mod only changes the default NVG, it doesnt add it too aircraft that doesnt have it. There is another mod for that

• 2 weeks later...

(re: Message #1)

NICE_MOD!!

Version 2.0.6

Your default setup as is, works great for me with the Ka-50. Just tried it on a night mission in MP on the 104th's server.

I also run JSGME other mods including ReShade 0.19.2 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8 and Toby's Low and Slow Texture Pack with running BS2.

I have my own separate zoom view that works independently of the NVG, but also works in conjunction with the NVG.

Thanks for the effort. Best I have seen with using the NVG.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Yes!

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

• 5 weeks later...
and what mod would that be?

Cheers

SD

which was all of 6 posts before yours.

or this might work?: http://bfy.tw/6C9E

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone using this with Oculus Rift? Not sure about settings that would work

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Played around with the settings for this a little with Oculus Rift. It appears that it won't work too well, until we have the ability to adjust the nvg tube images separately. Right now, you can't get them centered over each eye to give the appearance of one tube. I'll try messing with IPD within the sim (I heard you can do it somewhere).

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@tacca:

1. Can you confirm the mod is not Integrity Check safe?

Since I installed the mod I get two Integrity Check error:

bazar/shaders/materialfactory/laserbeam.hlsl

bazar/shaders/posteffects/nvd.fx

2. Is it possible for you to fix that so the mod is available also when I want to connect to a server with Integrity-Check enabled?

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Chip,

what the integrity check does, is checking hashes for certain files that are considered cheat-relevant. I believe the server can customize which files are checked.

What this means is that any changes to those files will trigger an error. I don't see how this mod could avoid that since the files you mention must be changed in order for the NVG appearance to be affected.

IF it's correct that the server can customize which files are checked then you should ask your server admin if he's willing to allow modding the NVG.

Regards

Mark

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

• 4 weeks later...
@tacca:

1. Can you confirm the mod is not Integrity Check safe?

Since I installed the mod I get two Integrity Check error:

bazar/shaders/materialfactory/laserbeam.hlsl

bazar/shaders/posteffects/nvd.fx

2. Is it possible for you to fix that so the mod is available also when I want to connect to a server with Integrity-Check enabled?

Hey guys

Sorry I've been away for so long, real life things like masters course, getting married etc :)

I have no idea how to make mods Integrity-check safe sorry, the new IC stuff was only coming online right as I dropped off.

Frenchy :)

• Like 1

HI Tacca, any chance of getting another version done as this no longer works with 1.5.5?

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Hey Guys, ill have a look once my update finishes, haven't been on in a long time.

Thank you

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thank you

Hey Chic

FIXED :)

download from

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1s7D5Bzv2DFSGp6UEhJanVWc1E

or

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s7D5Bzv2DFSGp6UEhJanVWc1E/view?usp=sharing

copy this nvd.fx file into /my mod folder/Bazar/shaders/PostEffects/nvd.fx and over write the old one.

only one file rather than a whole version so people keep all their settings :megalol:

MAKE SURE you unapply mod before overwriting file then reapply mod

Frenchy

Edited by tacca
  • Like 3

Hey Chic

FIXED :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1s7D5Bzv2DFSGp6UEhJanVWc1E

copy this nvd.fx file into /my mod folder/Bazar/shaders/PostEffects/nvd.fx and over write the old one.

only one file rather than a whole version so people keep all their settings :megalol:

MAKE SURE you unapply mod before overwriting file then reapply mod

Frenchy

Tnx m8; will try tonight; your NVG mod is way way better than the stock version and wouldn't want to fly at night without it!! Rep added!