DCS CVN 74 John C Stennis

Greekbull

A squad mate of mine stumbled onto this...looks amazing and looks to be official when you look at all the detail with the elevators, lights etc...

Anyone else seen this? Looks like these are human controlled F-18s as well...

[ame=

]
[/ame]

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Whoa...

That looks to me like EDGE and that is a beautiful model. I suppose a user mod could look that good, but someone invested some serious effort into this.

It's hosted by "Yura Brat" (also interesting :music_whistling:) who has no other videos hosted. The original source is here: https://yadi.sk/d/cqItkJgGizxnQ

Don't know if that means anything to anyone here?

In any case, that has me seriously salivating for the Tomcat and Hornet, simply looks fantastic. The ocean environment for EDGE is really compelling, carrier ops will be seriously awesome when its ready. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.

-Nick

Carriers are a thing of beauty...he's did a great job with this! Looks kinda neKKid though, no flight deck crew and no aircraft crowded in. I say that with good intent, I served aboard the Nimitz CVN-68 while I was in the navy in the early 80's...absolutely love the Tomcats, they ran the show back then.

Just getting back into simming after a few years off. We did the Russian carrier ops in our maps in FC1, it was fun just playing around with it.

I-5 2500K@3.3GHz 8GB AMD_5850 Linux and Win7 for games

X52

working on getting IR built

Whoa...

That looks to me like EDGE and that is a beautiful model. I suppose a user mod could look that good, but someone invested some serious effort into this.

It's hosted by "Yura Brat" (also interesting :music_whistling:) who has no other videos hosted. The original source is here: https://yadi.sk/d/cqItkJgGizxnQ

Don't know if that means anything to anyone here?

In any case, that has me seriously salivating for the Tomcat and Hornet, simply looks fantastic. The ocean environment for EDGE is really compelling, carrier ops will be seriously awesome when its ready. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.

-Nick

Yeah my buddy stumbled onto this and I hadn't seen it before...wonder if this is actual ED work or what? The railing coming up with the elevator...working defense systems and blast deflectors etc. Heck even the lighting of the carrier of at night. Also the F-18s had working lights too.

Anyway wonder if this is an ED work in progress because it seems like way to much work for someone just doing this on their own. And yeah make me want the Hornet and Tomcat even more lol

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

No it's not...much more detailed and different carrier all together. I have that CVN 77 mod. It's great but the one in the video is CVN-74 with a lot more working parts.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Awesome, just awesome,

i guess when DCS F18 is available i'll do just carrier traps for a loooong time.

Learning new stuff in DCS is more than half the fun for me.

Btw, i don't think those F18 are player controlled, the moves are too smooth and look too similar.

i7 2600K - 8GB - Win7/64 - Radeon R9 280 / 3GB

Yeah my buddy stumbled onto this and I hadn't seen it before...wonder if this is actual ED work or what? The railing coming up with the elevator...working defense systems and blast deflectors etc. Heck even the lighting of the carrier of at night. Also the F-18s had working lights too.

Anyway wonder if this is an ED work in progress because it seems like way to much work for someone just doing this on their own. And yeah make me want the Hornet and Tomcat even more lol

Ya know...there is an ongoing thread regarding the price of DCS modules being to high vs. other offerings...

AYFKM! Look at the details on this beast! More importantly...look at the coding! I'm thinking somebody spent quite a bit of time and money on this so far...looks like I'll be buying the Tomcat AND hornet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Exemplary work. I would very happily pay good money for that!

One thing I think they need to add however is the way the aircraft on the catapult hunkers down as the catapult moves.

I sincerely hope this is a WIP from ED, but the lack of logos on the video suggests it is a private venture to me.

Definitely something I'd love to have!

I am getting nervous - the DCS: F-18 thread is vanished in the chit-chat section...

Don't tell me things like this! :shocking:

I doubt that ED will release the Hornet without thinking about a proper environment, I'm thinking of the "Strait of Hormuz" map (where did that go?, what a flashback totally forgot about it!) and a carrier

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Don't tell me things like this! :shocking:

I doubt that ED will release the Hornet without thinking about a proper environment, I'm thinking of the "Strait of Hormuz" map (where did that go?, what a flashback totally forgot about it!) and a carrier

Once upon a time I thought the same ;)

But it's strange - tapatalk says the thread is deleted - and in chit-chat, there is it no more.

Maybe it means nothing - but who knows?

I am getting nervous - the DCS: F-18 thread is vanished in the chit-chat section...

It's a good nervous, like positive speculations and could it be true? Maybe the f18 thread is vanished from chit-chat, but I think this thread will be there soon enough..

And in that clip with the CVN 74. In the night sky I could clearly recognize the star constellations: Hydra, Centaurus and Apus. That means it must be in the Perzian Gulf. Probably Strait of Hormus.

:suspect:

_____

Edited by piXel496
..the attention to scenery detail is staggering

Can someone please explain to me - what is the sense of lowering those leading edge control surfaces (slats?) on the F-18 during takeoff? I mean - lowering the flaps makes sense to me - that creates a low pressure area above the wing and a high pressure area below it, so the aircraft is pushed up, however doing the same thing at the front of wing accomplishes exactly the opposite. A low pressure area below the wing should be pulling the aircraft down, which is not what you want during takeoff right? Or is my thinking wrong somewhere?

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Can someone please explain to me - what is the sense of lowering those leading edge control surfaces (slats?) on the F-18 during takeoff? I mean - lowering the flaps makes sense to me - that creates a low pressure area above the wing and a high pressure area below it, so the aircraft is pushed up, however doing the same thing at the front of wing accomplishes exactly the opposite. A low pressure area below the wing should be pulling the aircraft down, which is not what you want during takeoff right? Or is my thinking wrong somewhere?

I used to be in the Navy and worked on the F/A-18A,B,C and D hornets as an "AE" Aircraft Electrician. The Leading edge flaps in crease the wing area by causing the air going over the top of the wing to travel farther than the air going under the wing. Imagine 2 air molicules stricking the leading edge at the same time one goes over the wing the other under. Thy will both reach the trailing edge of the wing at the same time. So in theory there will be more air under the wing and less above causing lift. The more you can increase the travel distance of the one going over the top the move lift you will produce. Hope that helps.