DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2807583&postcount=2

On the AJS-37 Viggen and current progress

How did cobra go from "2 weeks" to

Would you mind explaining what you meant by "2 weeks" on June 10th?

Youl give vague promises all the time to build excitement then you do not acknowledge it when nothing is shown. You went from implying something great just around the corner to a long passage of text with esoteric talk about why something is late again.

Do you even read my posts.

2 weeks is a meme.

What is a meme ?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meme

"

an idea, belief or belief system, or pattern of behavior that spreads throughout a culture either vertically by cultural inheritance (as by parents to children) or horizontally by cultural acquisition (as by peers, information media, and entertainment media) "

As far as I understand it the 2 weeks meme was born in il2 and has made its way into DCS community.

It means there is no release date atm, its done when its done. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

• ED Team
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2807583&postcount=2

On the AJS-37 Viggen and current progress

How did cobra go from "2 weeks" to

Would you mind explaining what you meant by "2 weeks" on June 10th?

Youl give vague promises all the time to build excitement then you do not acknowledge it when nothing is shown. You went from implying something great just around the corner to a long passage of text with esoteric talk about why something is late again.

2 Weeks is a running joke on these forums... hence the he put behind it.

Two%20weeks%20be%20sure_zpsvcejngtf.jpg

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Got the new book "Swedish Aircraft during the Cold War"... Not all about the Viggen, but a very interesting read.

The 7.july 1985 Flagon incident is described here as well, with a transcript of what the Swedish Radio Surveillance heard the surviving Soviet Flagon pilot report back as he loitered the area and RTB.

Don't know if this book makes the waiting harder, or easier..? ;)

1801573694_FullSizeRender4.thumb.jpg.1af3f01f290778af8cb421e74a743815.jpg

2055811651_FullSizeRender5.thumb.jpg.e82c7f63026dc8b27084a46285f69188.jpg

I get this a lot lately.

Honesty is being confused with 'fluff'. Amidst calls for more transparency, even.

It's sort of ironic.

I know your feels. :DD

I tell you the russian spies are everywhere ! :D You should photoshop an iluminati eye into the helmet of your avatar. :D

I mean how do people not get the memo with your signature ? :DD

Dont let yourself be demotivated by things like this, read the 5 million pages before this god damn thread merge. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And just a quick update for everyone:

We're still working on solving bugs and merging new artwork into our existing codebase.

Many of the items in the July update are being checked off-- but we're still a ways out.

A few odds and ends (features that were "missed" or set as future Todos) are also being taken care of.

It's important to us that the Viggen is a very complete release, so that we can minimize the post-release support timeframe and focus our resources on the F-14 and other, future aircraft.

That said though, due to the size and complexity of the project, in comparison to the MiG-21, it's going to be an all hands on deck situation.

I wouldn't expect more than a few weeks between announcement and release. That's the hope and plan, in any case!

Thanks for all of your support.

Thanks for the update Cobra.

Got the new book "Swedish Aircraft during the Cold War"... Not all about the Viggen, but a very interesting read.

The 7.july 1985 Flagon incident is described here as well, with a transcript of what the Swedish Radio Surveillance heard the surviving Soviet Flagon pilot report back as he loitered the area and RTB.

Don't know if this book makes the waiting harder, or easier..? ;)

Hoping for an english translation here. :} Got myself Viggen walkaround. Litte 80 page booklet with lots of nice pictures. :)

https://www.amazon.de/SAAB-37-Viggen-Walk-Around/dp/0897477170/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1473957795&sr=8-3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"It's almost there (along with 2 other modules) but we can't show you screenshots yet."

Why is there not a single screenshot of it? Or how about you just tell us. Will there be a Viggen release BEFORE October 2017?

Also I will bet that there will be at least 8 months of time between their first viggen screenshot and release.

Two%20weeks%20be%20sure_zpsvcejngtf.jpg

So when do we get the Viggen? :megalol:

:lol:

I would ask for a release date which doesnt endanger my math studies.

Q: What have you done for your studies ?

Mee: I am in zone 3 AB, 15m AGL you cant catch me anyways ! :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"It's almost there (along with 2 other modules) but we can't show you screenshots yet."

Why is there not a single screenshot of it? Or how about you just tell us. Will there be a Viggen release BEFORE October 2017?

Stop citing people with stuff they didnt say. You are paraphrasing your interpretation which is wrong btw. Nobody said they cant show screenshots. They simply do not want to.

Simple as that.

And such a statement cant be made with certainty. Could be that primary and secondary backup fail while their office gets flooded. Just wait, simple as that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also I will bet that there will be at least 8 months of time between their first viggen screenshot and release.

LNS has only indicated that the Viggen is relatively close, and in big picture of multi year in depth development, "close" could means months at least. Nick has never to my knowledge stated the Viggen was "almost here (along with 2 other modules)" so that is a bit of hyperbole.

They aren't showing screenshots yet because I think LNS wants to shock and excite the community to the maximum extent possible when we finally get that pre-release preview, and have as little time possible between feature reveal and release. I for one appreciate this, as it really is a first in DCS, and I appreciate their commitment to making the aircraft as complete as possible on release! Once it is out, we will totally forget about these trying times ;)

Remember if it wasn't for that Steam leak we would all still be speculating, and LNS would be working just the same.

Thanks for the update and the hard work, Cobra! :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stop citing people with stuff they didnt say. You are paraphrasing your interpretation which is wrong btw. Nobody said they cant show screenshots. They simply do not want to.

Simple as that.

And such a statement cant be made with certainty. Could be that primary and secondary backup fail while their office gets flooded. Just wait, simple as that.

That would not make sense. They were very eager to show off the F14 back in April 2015, when it was only the contour of it. They had nothing to show off at that point and they celebrated the site opening. But on the Viggen and Corsair, it has been a complete vacuum on any screenshots.

I think my late 2017 for Viggen and December 2018 for F14 is going to be a great bet.

Belsimtek announced the F5 on October 15th 2015. They released July 22nd 2016. Belsimtek have clockwork precision on release dates and they always regularly show screenshots. LN announced stuff in Summer 2015, saying something like "September looking good", then no word until Christmas.

LN, if you know you won't be showing anything until 2017, then just say so. Saves us excited customers to check the forums regularly only to be disappointed.

Edited by Spacehamster

That would not make sense. They were very eager to show off the F14 back in April 2015, when it was only the contour of it. They had nothing to show off at that point and they celebrated the site opening. But on the Viggen and Corsair, it has been a complete vacuum on any screenshots.

I think my late 2017 for Viggen and December 2018 for F14 is going to be a great bet.

What do we get if you lose the bet? :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Its your right to think so. Have fun ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hoping for an english translation here. :}

Translation of the book, or the transcript? :)

I can help with the transcript. Note that this is translated from russian to swedish to english ;)

Soviet Controller: He lost speed, huh?

Flagon Wingman: He was descending behind the Viggen. We increased the distance and he (Zjiguljov, the Pilot of the fateful Flagon) was above. He passed me and dove in behind the Viggen. He went out, and then this! I saw it all, even the splash.

SC: You were both descending together?

FW: I was at 200m altitude.

SC: Are you sure about 200m?

FW: No, he was lower, but I did not go below him. I was not below him, and the target was even lower.

SC: You got the altitude 1000m. (Understood as a restriction)

FW: (No reply)

SC: What was the approximate target altitude?

FW: The target was lower than I. Probably 100m, perhaps even lower.