DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Manual says not to launch it above 500m AGL. No idea why, though.

Maybee because BK90 has a radar altimeter and that only works up to 500m ?

But the graphs given should make range calcs from other altitudes doable.

Kinda surprised expected 10km at 50m at mach 0.9. Thats the info I had so far, but well, not going to argue with the Manual, I guess. :D

But I didnt see how to target it, so it could well be that the range in the graphs is for turn up to N degrees on final for release heading and the 10km is the range at which it will stall with given params. Would seem reasonable with 7.2km max range.

Will be interesting to employ. 100m at 7.2 km is kinda dangerous at M0.9 for engaging any serious SAM systems. Question will probably be, how low you can release the thing. 20m at 4-5km seem way more attractive to me in that case. Question there is not really the range but, how low can you go, without getting into tunguska gun range. ;)

Its indeed pretty complicated and HELL is it an complicated plane for early 1970s.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Do you realize that every time you de-classify a document like this and make it available you are delaying the release of the Viggen module? ;)

Honestly I am happy waiting another 6 months instead of post release rework apocalypse.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Do you realize that every time you de-classify a document like this and make it available you are delaying the release of the Viggen module? ;)

I'm done now though, I think I got all the SFI's for the AJ(S) 37 that are actually in the national archives library declassified.

so, two weeks?

Edited by renhanxue

First People complain about viggen not being released and they want a early access. And then they complain about early access products not being complete...

Skickat från min SM-A310F via Tapatalk

It's the "I eat because I'm sad, I'm sad because I eat" -logic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As the saying goes:

Fast, cheap, good; choose 2.

And software developement in general shows us, that if a product is rusheds it's rarely, if ever working properly and feature-complete. If you release early/ in time and it sucks, in peoples mind it sucks. If you delay and deliver a proper working product, they will forget the whole delay after they get their hands on it.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

As the saying goes:

Fast, cheap, good; choose 2.

And software developement in general shows us, that if a product is rusheds it's rarely, if ever working properly and feature-complete. If you release early/ in time and it sucks, in peoples mind it sucks. If you delay and deliver a proper working product, they will forget the whole delay after they get their hands on it.

Idd, People want it NOW and if they get it and it's shit they start complaining ...

It would be great not to go on long Hypetrains if possible for this reason

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

First People complain about viggen not being released and they want a early access. And then they complain about early access products not being complete...

Skickat från min SM-A310F via Tapatalk

It happened with the M2000c release, people begging for it to some out early and when it did a lot of the same people were complaining about about bugs and missing features. Razbam was more then honest about what early access was going to have but lots of people still didn't listen and bought it anyways.

It happened with the M2000c release, people begging for it to some out early and when it did a lot of the same people were complaining about about bugs and missing features. Razbam was more then honest about what early access was going to have but lots of people still didn't listen and bought it anyways.

In the case of the M2000C though the core module was still quite good on initial "release"

It's hard to know where to draw that line I suppose

"a lot of the same people"

citation needed. ;)

• Like 1