Panavia Tornado by Polychop-Simulations?

phant

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's cheaper to get the manuals from this site http://www.avialogs.com/

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/aircraft/europe-and-consortiums/panavia/tornado.html

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/motoring/motoring-news/sale-ex-raf-tornado-fighter-11026120

Don't you think this would make a nice little set up/rig for all your flight sim gear and for a future DCS Tornado sim. :)

jet art aviation IIRC used to run out of their farm in denholme bradford west yorkshire , i used to drive past there and they had a sea harrier FA2 sat right next to the road ...gorgeous

as ex raf myself but i was on the F3 variants i so would love to see these beasties back where they belong , chasing flankers and bears off , they may have been pure interceptors but with a baltic map and viggens the settings are all there for some cold war gone hot action in their designed environment , the leeming F3s with their wild weasel role also could be fun

• 1 month later...
It seems Razbam confirmed a Tornado in the ask any thing chat they did. GR4 none the less, apparently... 3rd hand knowledge though, I wasn't in said chat session.

Really? I missed that. Anywhere where I can find some info on this?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've read it somewhere either on this forum or may be digital combat simulator group on facebook. Don't recall now. Like I've said 3rd hand knowledge only :). Might very well be wrong.

Though, one of their modelers did share a WIP picture of a Tornado vertical stab some months ago.

Edit : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2707475&postcount=375 this is the post with WIP model sneak peek. Though, interestingly this user is not listed on Razbam's staff list thread. I couldn't find the post someone saying Razbam will do the Tornado though.

With 3 studios showing interest and throwing little hints at some point in time, Tornado sure seem a popular thing among devs :).

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

With 3 studios showing interest and throwing little hints at some point in time, Tornado sure seem a popular thing among devs :).

I hope you're right. Im a bit afraid though, that all of the 3rd party devs think that someone is doing the Tornado already and leave it be, but in the end no one is doing it :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi,

we do not share specific info on this, as many can imagine why.

We have a very specific plan what we share when and why. Right now, there is no further news that we think of are valuable to anybody outside of the development team. I am sorry to say so.

This is no definite No Go or Go, just a change of policy of handelling some specific topics, as we have learned our lessons during the last weeks in many aspects as developing team.

And by the way, there is still a lot to read about the gazelle and an update is happening soon too ;-) and new weapons want to be delivered to the battlefield

cheers

Sven

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Now...A DCS Tonka is something I'd love to see

You#re not the only one :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Naturally it would have to be multicrewed...It's quite difficult to use the TV Tabs from the front ;)

Indeed, but it wouldn't be the first module of that kind -> F-14 ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

True, But do I trust A.I. to give me accurate Target corrections from the GMR? ;)

Better take a human WSO with you :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Probably for the best... IF a Tonka is developed I hope then that they'll be RPMD birds and not the new TARDIS ones

TARDIS is some avionics stuff on upgraded british Tonkas, not used on other Tornados as far as I know? So it would have to be a British GR4 or something like that for it to be implemented. German ASSTA 3-Tornados have different, but more or less similar avionics.

GR.4 WSO cockpit (british): https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Tornado_GR.4_Aft_Cockpit.jpg

Is that cockpit still up to date or are there already newer upgrades?

ASSTA3 WSO cockpit (german): Nachtflugbetrieb bei Counter DAESH

27994642315_905e3a8e9e_k.jpg27994642315_905e3a8e9e_k.jpg

The modern Tornados differ quiet a bit depending on the country. But a DCS Tornado would probably be the old, original Cold War variant, which is (almost?) identical for all users.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

TARDIS is some avionics stuff on upgraded british Tonkas, not used on other Tornados as far as I know? So it would have to be a British GR4 or something like that for it to be implemented. German ASSTA 3-Tornados have different, but more or less similar avionics.

GR.4 WSO cockpit (british): https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Tornado_GR.4_Aft_Cockpit.jpg

Is that cockpit still up to date or are there already newer upgrades?

ASSTA3 WSO cockpit (german): Nachtflugbetrieb bei Counter DAESH

27994642315_905e3a8e9e_k.jpg27994642315_905e3a8e9e_k.jpg

The modern Tornados differ quiet a bit depending on the country. But a DCS Tornado would probably be the old, original Cold War variant, which is (almost?) identical for all users.

That cockpit isn't up to date, The RPMD has been removed, Replaced by the TARDIS unit

Edited by Capt_Oatcake

TF on, 200ft, Hard Ride, 420kts...Nothing better

That cockpit isn't up to date, The RPMD has been removed, Replaced by the TARDIS unit

Interesting, do you have any pictures of that? I'm not very familiar with the british Tonkas.

Tornado3 small.jpg

After my time I'm afraid

Oh, you served with Tonkas in the RAF? That makes me kinda jealous. :)

Tornado3 small.jpg