Panavia Tornado by Polychop-Simulations?

phant

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you do it. Often thought if you could merge the mission planner with modern DCS graphics, you'd be on to a winner. Image if you merged that with a Tornado developed by polychop, with what I have seen of thier work

It looks top notch. Would be a dream come true.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Good luck Polychop!

The Tornado would be a great addition to DCS, even more so than the F-18 IMO - seeing we don't quite have the naval environment (yet). Would Polychop consider modelling the different variants?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I really hope Polychop are successful with their efforts in trying to make this happen.

I caved in and bought the Sim Skunk Works Tornado for FSX. Makes me so happy bombing around the British countryside with the terrain following radar keeping the aircraft at 200ft :D Just think how good it'd be in DCS :shocking::thumbup:

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

It's going to be a while before they get to it if they decide to do it. We'll get the Gazelle shortly I think but it will be at least a year before we see the Bo-105. The Tiger has been strongly hinted at as their third aircraft. If we assume that takes a year from the Bo-105's release, we're looking at 2019 at the absolute earliest for the 4th aircraft which may or may not be a Tornado. That's pretty far off imho, a lot can happen by then including a new third party popping up and doing the Tornado as their first aircraft for DCS.

Edit: Not trying to be a downer here, just trying to be realistic.

Well what ever they plan, we are focusing the gazelle right now and try to see what else we like to do.

Further down the line there is also the bo105 and the Ju87.

As you all know we are all doing this job next to a normal day job which hopefully changes soon. If so, we will be able to produce faster in all regards, which gives us opportunities.

About aircraft and future plans we will not leak to much for now.

If a tornado is in production already by us or not will be kept secret for now, that is something i probably can state here. The reasons for it are obvious to all I guess.

But we have more then only the announced in production, that is for sure, what, well in this case, I can only ask for patience and see for yourself soon.

cheers

Sven

Well what ever they plan, we are focusing the gazelle right now and try to see what else we like to do.

Further down the line there is also the bo105 and the Ju87.

As you all know we are all doing this job next to a normal day job which hopefully changes soon. If so, we will be able to produce faster in all regards, which gives us opportunities.

About aircraft and future plans we will not leak to much for now.

If a tornado is in production already by us or not will be kept secret for now, that is something i probably can state here. The reasons for it are obvious to all I guess.

But we have more then only the announced in production, that is for sure, what, well in this case, I can only ask for patience and see for yourself soon.

cheers

Sven

I think this answers your question.

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/motoring/motoring-news/sale-ex-raf-tornado-fighter-11026120

Don't you think this would make a nice little set up/rig for all your flight sim gear and for a future DCS Tornado sim. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

instant purchase here too

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I was just sorting through the corner of my hobby room this morning when I came across this:

Tornado%20box_zpshu5mutkb.jpg

Tornado%20content_zpspqt812uv.jpg

Very good printed manual (remember them?) with it, too:

Tornado%20loft%20hud_zpsldeuogyt.jpg

Tornado%20Loft%20Lines_zps6c9hx6tv.jpg

I also happened across this....

Harrier_zpsjduam8zh.jpg

ahem... but that's for the Razbam forum! :smilewink:

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hey, nice find. I still rememer my janes f15/ f18/ lonbow 2 manuals.

To be honest these manuals help always getting the hang of it.

I had a look into some real tornado manuals a few weeks ago. Well to be honest, these manuals are soooooooo complex, I understand now why it is constant studying for 6 month in Holloman and I can tell you that it was only 2 manuals of many.

In total the pure programming of a Tornado of todays standards in a sim would probably take 2-4 years of coding, depends on the number of coders.

Yes, a daunting prospect.

Funny, I was reading this book last night, "Hostile Skies" by David Morgan (David remains the last RAF pilot to shoot down an enemy aircraft), and he was telling of how most of the Harrier pilots dreaded blind, IFR approaches in fog, and were not entirely au Faix with the procedures and mostly 'hammed' it in, to landing on the ship!

It immediately crossed my mind that a lot of simmers could relate to that! :thumbup:

If the true professionals struggle with it, what chance have we mere mortals got? :music_whistling:

He also mentioned twice having nearly died, whilst doing things in the cockpit other than looking out of the canopy!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7305550-hostile-skies

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Ohh I heard a lot of such near death stories.

One of my friends nearly crashed into a radio tower once they flew through a valley in Germany and well, guess what, the tower has never been in the map info.

Where this happened and what was the outcome is something I keep for myself, but stuff like that, what can be read in books, I sometimes got real life talks of.

One of the pilots stated once to me: " during a flight a pilot makes about 100-200 mistakes. It is just a matter if they are lethal or not"

One of the pilots stated once to me: " during a flight a pilot makes about 100-200 mistakes. It is just a matter if they are lethal or not"

With any flight incident, there is usually a chain of events that took place where if one person broke one link in the chain, the incident would have been avoided. We would make mistakes all the time, but we would also back each other up and "check our answers".

I've lost three friends around the boat and in two of the cases the "breaking one link" could have avoided the crashes, and the other case is unknown but was probably a system failure. It happened at the time that the fleet lost two F-14s in a week, and the bird went in the day before the mandated safety standdown.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, nice find. I still rememer my janes f15/ f18/ lonbow 2 manuals.

To be honest these manuals help always getting the hang of it.

I had a look into some real tornado manuals a few weeks ago. Well to be honest, these manuals are soooooooo complex, I understand now why it is constant studying for 6 month in Holloman and I can tell you that it was only 2 manuals of many.

In total the pure programming of a Tornado of todays standards in a sim would probably take 2-4 years of coding, depends on the number of coders.

Would it be possible for you to share some documentation on the Tornado? Anything that's not classified.