Panavia Tornado by Polychop-Simulations?

phant

that GR4 rear pit surprises me a bit, looks barely any different from the GR1s at Cottesmore from the early 80's even with my radically reduced memory now, it looks very familiar. Thought they would have at least updated the MFDs and CRPMD, I vaguely thought they had updated from green screen to colour MFD but from that look at seems pretty similar although guess it could be deceptive this many years on. Similar to you, would love seeing a 2 seat weapons capable version of this.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

we do not share specific info on this, as many can imagine why.

We have a very specific plan what we share when and why. Right now, there is no further news that we think of are valuable to anybody outside of the development team. I am sorry to say so.

This is no definite No Go or Go, just a change of policy of handelling some specific topics, as we have learned our lessons during the last weeks in many aspects as developing team.

And by the way, there is still a lot to read about the gazelle and an update is happening soon too ;-) and new weapons want to be delivered to the battlefield

cheers

Sven

Eh nothing wrong with over sharing worked out quite well for other games *cough* star citizen".

And IF Raz are doing the UK GR4, i would still pay for a German IDC/ECR, heck might reduce the work load between 2 teams working on it in some aspects, reduce dev cost etc.

4Gen aircraft needs to be every ones priority IMO, and a commen goal between all devs. as much as i will get hate for it as usal i do think wasting time and effort on WW2 stuff which seems to be all over the place "time frame tech wise" the game instead of a focused 3rd/4th gen eco system, where models interact well in scenario and mission and capability.

I love my mig21 but never got many chances to use till the F5 came and now Online PVP vs a remotely equal aircraft is possibly the best fun i had outside of blue flags.

And on that note, blue flags was the only reason i bought the gazelle, and even transport helos which in a million years i would not have bought as a stand alone model, but since they play well with others then sure i will gladly pick them up.

while the number of PVP players might not be as large as the solo players, it is a growing base and it is a selling point, i stream from time to time and amount of ppl who got the game simply to that fact of PVP play is staggering.

Consider this a solo mans servery but i fly with a few people, i am 100% sure they wont buy any of the ww2 stuff, we talked about it, as we are IL2 players we dont think that DCS is well suited enough for a ww2 game, But i am 100% sure they will all buy any tornado or 4th gen aircraft or attack helo in a heart beat.

throwing my hat in and saying insta buy for a tornado IDS/ECR jet you make the quality of the gazelle had me sold. even if the GR4 was made by Raz

@sirscorpion:

Thanks a lot for you comment. We have no idea what other teams produce in thier backyard.

I can assure you that we also have the links to the most modern versions. In which way and how this needs to stay classified, I am sorry.

But we are bussy on many fields at the same time and keep some of our work in the background cause we do not want to distract from current developments either or put hypes on projects that are far from finish.

I hope this also makes sense to all of you out there.

We wish you all happy landings and happy flyings

@sirscorpion:

Thanks a lot for you comment. We have no idea what other teams produce in thier backyard.

I can assure you that we also have the links to the most modern versions. In which way and how this needs to stay classified, I am sorry.

But we are bussy on many fields at the same time and keep some of our work in the background cause we do not want to distract from current developments either or put hypes on projects that are far from finish.

I hope this also makes sense to all of you out there.

We wish you all happy landings and happy flyings

But is Tornado a possibility?

Anything is possible if you work hard enough. Just click your heels three times and say, "I want a Tornado". Either you'll get a wicked storm...or a DCS module. Let us know.

But seriously, we can't comment on anything that we haven't announced officially. Likewise, we don't know what other groups are working on that's not public as well.

But is Tornado a possibility?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Consider this a solo mans servery but i fly with a few people, i am 100% sure they wont buy any of the ww2 stuff, we talked about it, as we are IL2 players we dont think that DCS is well suited enough for a ww2 game, But i am 100% sure they will all buy any tornado or 4th gen aircraft or attack helo in a heart beat.

There are many types of people here. Just take a look at the WW2 part of this forum and you will find quite many people who fly WW2 ONLY. And then there are also people who are very much into 1st and 2nd gen jet aircraft (especially on the VEAO side of the forum).

IMHO this variety is one of the things that makes DCS so great.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Heck I would love a tornado. Especially a gr4. I dont remember raz commenting on a tornado. I do remember them commenting to me in the chat about the Jaguar and the f15E in the works. Someone needs to make this bird.

Indeed, someone really needs to do that! But I would prefer an ASSTA3-Tornado, which is probably as unlikely as a GR.4. So I would guess if we will get one it will have to be the original Cold War Tornado (IDS/GR.1).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Seeing how their first project (the Gazelle) looks, and that they already implemented a working multiplayer cockpit for it, AND are working on three variants of another awesome looking heli (Bo-105, the WIP stuff looks spectacular!) I have really high hopes for Polychop's future.

I believe (from a engineering point of view) they could really do something like a Tornado (any version, the only one I wouldn't like that much being the ADF) and make it great.

Seeing how their first project (the Gazelle) looks, and that they already implemented a working multiplayer cockpit for it, AND are working on three variants of another awesome looking heli (Bo-105, the WIP stuff looks spectacular!) I have really high hopes for Polychop's future.

I believe (from a engineering point of view) they could really do something like a Tornado (any version, the only one I wouldn't like that much being the ADF) and make it great.

4 actually )

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

@quigon: ASSTA-3 , TOYOTA

No matter which plane you build. Biggest hurdel to take is always the information side.

As stated before we have the ties to the recent info. In which way needs to stay classified the same way as ASSTA-3 is in some aspects.

That's great to hear, but having the required information available is just one point (an important one though). Having the permission to actually use the information is another one (looking at VEAO here ;)).

Having an ASSTA-3 Tornado in DCS would be the most awesome thing I can imagine. I would be so happy if that would actually work out. Then I would certainly buy the hell out of it and gift it to everyone I can think of (need some WSOs :D). But in the end any DCS Tornado would make me happy (some just more than others ;)). :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would actualy be most happy with a Cold War Tornado (IDS/GR.1). I think it is the historically most significant variant.

I can totally understand that! A Cold War IDS Tornado is also something that really intrigues me. I would love to have both, a legacy Cold War variant and a modern ASSTA3 variant. I would be more than willing to pay twice for that :). But if I need to make a decision I would prefer a modern Tornado, although heavy heartedly.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Vintage air to air I can understand, we need enough aircraft of an era to support equal dogfights. It's why I can understand picking things like an F-4E over an F-4 Terminator or KWS. But why do people want vintage ground attack? It makes no sense. You can still do vintage style ground attack with more modern ground attack aircraft, but you cannot do precision strike with vintage aircraft. I will never understand some people, but then again I don't understand civil aviation simmers either...

Vintage air to air I can understand, we need enough aircraft of an era to support equal dogfights. It's why I can understand picking things like an F-4E over an F-4 Terminator or KWS. But why do people want vintage ground attack? It makes no sense. You can still do vintage style ground attack with more modern ground attack aircraft, but you cannot do precision strike with vintage aircraft. I will never understand some people, but then again I don't understand civil aviation simmers either...

It's not just about the capabilities. At least for me it's also about aviation history. Flying vintage aircraft without fancy modern avionics is really interesting from an aviation enthusiasm point of view ;)

And regard the capabilities: It's not always fully possible to just use old techniques in a modern aircraft, because there sometimes is no way to avoid/disable modern avionics and other aids to recreate vintage style flying/attacking.

Tornado3 small.jpg