AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

The heat blur and engine smoke does not have to follow the nozzles exactly through all 0 to 98.5 degrees. Can DCS not put smoke and blur effect at 90 only when in hover? We know it can handle putting smoke and blur in a different direction e.g. KA50.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an excellent insightful post, just one question... Could you please point us to the posts that are child like? I've just gone back about 10 pages and can't seem to locate any?

Well, actually we all (me included) seem do behave like kids in a store, don't we?

But he has a very good point about not forcing the developers to rush things.

We all know from the days we were kids, if the sweet yeast bread is rushed and not baked properly, stomach pain is in it for sure... ;)

From what I see, RAZBAM is on a good way and with ED looking over the AV-8B, already, it shouldn't be too far away.

"Patience, young Padawan." Qui-Gon Jin, Episode I

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This air-frame is going to be a game changer imo. Day 1 purchase for me.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

The heat blur and engine smoke does not have to follow the nozzles exactly through all 0 to 98.5 degrees. Can DCS not put smoke and blur effect at 90 only when in hover? We know it can handle putting smoke and blur in a different direction e.g. KA50.

Honestly, from where I stand, they can fix the heat blur and smoke a week before final release, even if it is a year or two away.

Focus for early access should be FM behaviour, avionics and systems modelling (ASM) and AI so an AI AV-8B can land on a carrier, use Viffing to defend against pursuing planes and implementing the available weapon systems (e.g. Sidearm)...

I personally couldn't care less about the exhaust 2 m behind me while focusing on the landing...

Just my 2 cent :dunno:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So, if you feel like bashing us and/or our product, please do so, bottom line i´m sure once you got it, you´ll enjoy it. Or maybe you´ll hate it out of frustration, the only thing i can guarantee you is that you´re going to spend many hours learning to operate this bird, and no, you can´t pull "true lies" stunts with it.

Hi Prowler,

Bashing you would be a childish thing to do. You have had an honest and simple, no marketing bullshit communication with us. Praises for that.

However, you have left the Mirage unfinished (not buggy, but unfinished) and moved to another product leaving many customers who paid for the Mirage hanging. It is a disappointment.

I am glad that ED is cautious this time and will take time checking the quality of this product before putting it on sale.

As for me, I won't purchase the Harrier, even if I want to, until I get what I have paid for in the Mirage.

Thanks and best of luck with your work on DCS.

• Like 3

Honestly, from where I stand, they can fix the heat blur and smoke a week before final release, even if it is a year or two away.

Focus for early access should be FM behaviour, avionics and systems modelling (ASM) and AI so an AI AV-8B can land on a carrier, use Viffing to defend against pursuing planes and implementing the available weapon systems (e.g. Sidearm)...

I personally couldn't care less about the exhaust 2 m behind me while focusing on the landing...

Just my 2 cent :dunno:

Fair point :D

My Hangar:

My Spec:

Take your time, RAZBAM and ED. This module must be a beast to tackle.

I'm anxious to throw my wallet at the screen, but in the meantime there's plenty else to do in DCS. The Spitfire won't fly itself, after all.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Tomcat....why are you posting about the Mirage in this thread? Nobody needs to know/or cares what you will or won't do

Prowler this thing is going to be awesome!!!

Edited by Pipe
  • Like 2

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Congrats Razbam for getting the Harrier to this stage.

Should be alot of fun flying this bird. I dont believe it will be too long until its available.

For me the exhaust direction is such a minor thing. I certainly would not be able to see it when I am busy in the cockpit.

Seems like eye candy for those that fly in the external view or observing other aircraft they are not flying.

This jet will be mine the minute is becomes a available. I'm up for the challenges it will bring.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Wie wird das Cockpit?

Wird es Klickbar sein so wie der A10 Warhock?

:pilotfly:

Ja.

Shagrat

Tomcat....why are you posting about the Mirage in this thread? Nobody needs to know/or cares what you will or won't do

Prowler this thing is going to be awesome!!!

The message was to Prowler, not you.

Since it's a free forum, I can give Razbam my feedback and express my concern and tell them as a customer I'm not happy, in a mature and respectful manner!

Nobody needs to know/or cares what you will or won't do

I didn't hear you saying this to the other who said that they will buy the Harrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The message was to Prowler, not you.

Since it's a free forum, I can give Razbam my feedback and express my concern and tell them as a customer I'm not happy, in a mature and respectful manner!

Nobody needs to know/or cares what you will or won't do

I didn't hear you saying this to the other who said that they will buy the Harrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like the tittle of thread is the harrier o.O

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Gratz on the delivery to ED Razbam. If I might say so, it was fun watching little snippets of development and I have to say, I thought it was a pretty quick delivery given the time scale we saw.

Appreciated the progress updates and engagements with the forums very much, it was easier to pace my excitement. Look forward to crashing your plane a LOT.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

A friend of me has posted me this video...

https://rumble.com/v2z8bj-pilot-lands-harrier-fighter-jet-without-landing-gear.html?mref=6zof&mc=dgip3

I dont know it is possible... but it would be sooooo sweet to do a landing like that on a ship in dcs wit a damaged plane :)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

A friend of me has posted me this video...

https://rumble.com/v2z8bj-pilot-lands-harrier-fighter-jet-without-landing-gear.html?mref=6zof&mc=dgip3

I dont know it is possible... but it would be sooooo sweet to do a landing like that on a ship in dcs wit a damaged plane :)

That is a great vid. It would be neat if one day we could actually declare an emergency in ATC and actually have it then affect your landing procedure in DCS. Since that is unlikely to happen in the foreseeable and unforeseeable future maybe someone will figure a way to make a specific scenario mission file that can put you in this handicapped position with such a landing aid to be able to experience it.