noob wanting help

Welcome to DCS! TrackIR 5 is an amazing piece of kit, once you buy it you won't be able to fly without it. I wouldn't know about the Saitek stuff so therefor not the right guy to answer that. I am not sure if you actually bought any modules but it really depends on what you are interested in / wanna do with the planes.

If all you care about is being competitive and the most efficent at certain tasks in multiplayer PVP and COOP then there is very few planes that truelly are competitive. A-10C is currently the best all around ground pounder, with the Su-25T having the unique ability of being the only SEAD (Suppresion of Enemy Air Defense) capable aircraft in the game. The only truelly competitive fighters are currently the F-15C and the Su-27S in the flaming cliffs package, which are not full fidelity module, I.E. clickable cockpit etc.

If all you care about is flying around and doing aerobatics or joy flying, then any plane could really float your boat it is all personal preference. Personally my favourite joy flying aircraft is the MiG-21 partly becouse it is an interesting aircraft to fly with the possibility of engine cutting out mid-air and that landing it is notoriously difficult and that it also has good afterburner performance but mostly just that the module is so extremly well made in every respect.

To learn any plane the best method of doing that is reading the manuals that come with the planes or watching YouTube videos.

Cheers, Skjold.

If you want modern fighters, then get Flaming Cliffs 3. No contest. This way you get both F-15C and Su-27 and these jets are for me still the best this game has to offer (as long as the lack of clickable cockpit doesn't turn you off). This is also where the competitive multiplayer scene is at.

If you must have clickable cockpit and deep systems modeling with lots to study, then I recommend A-10C as best and deepest, with second place going to Ka-50 Black Shark.

If World War II or Korean Era is your thing there are planes to satisfy these desires. However keep in mind that single player mission content for these is extremely limited. WWII multiplayer scene is alive though.

Then there's Mig-21 (fun but quite limited in its capabilities) and Mirage which is just in Beta(also limited capability compared to Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft) but these come with clickable cockpits.

Then there are the jet trainers if that lights your interest...

And don't forget your free Su-25T, it's a very effective ground attack plane, and in many ways even better than the A-10C! Also it's quite fast for a bus with flat tires in mud!

Pick your plane and start flying and studying! Welcome to DCS!

And I would 109% recommend A-10C. Yes, you will spend weeks with the manual, training videos, sorting out how to do a cold start, navigate etc. before you even get to weapon systems. But there is nothing more rewarding than a feeling after all that time that you actually are able to operate a modern jet which has around 90% of systems of a real counterpart working.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi Scarecrow, I am 'of a certain age' and struggled to get to grips with DCS World originally, and for the Su25T, I found the YouTube channel of 'Robert Sogonomian' to be excellent, he does a 10 part tutorial in a very precise manner.....

Here's the link to part 1 of 10, Hope it helps :)

If you're used to the Viper in BMS, then the Su-25T will definitely feel like a bus. But as long as you exercise patience, you will find the Su-25T to be a very versatile and capable strike aircraft.

The key to the Su-25T is patience. A fully laden Su-25T doesn't want to pull more than 2.5g in a turn, else you will get max AoA and stall. Knowing this, you need to plan your attacks at stand-off range and then break away from the target well before you're in danger of overflying it. Fortunately, the AoA indexer and G meter are on the same gauge (displayed prominently in the upper left portion of the instrument panel), so it's easy to keep an eye on both and keep the plane under control.

For a Vikhr attack, I recommend starting at least 7km from the target (there's that patience thing again). Finding the target with the shkval is not easy at first and takes some practice. You also need to lock onto the target far enough away that you have time to put the Vikhr targeting reticle over the target, fire, and then keep the laser on the target until impact. You need to do all of this before overflying the target, else you need to break off the attack, turn around, extend to 7km, and try again. Again, patience...

Once you do get it, the learning curve will pick up. I can get 2 Vikhrs on target in a single pass (3 if I don't care about overflying the target).

Hope this helps.

Gold +1

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Welcome to the forums. If you like clicking stuff in cockpit get a module like the A10-C in the sales. You will have it mastered in a few years:) It eally is a study sim and TBH you picked a good time to join the party with DCS world being upgraded to 1.5 and 2.0:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I am a 60 year old guy that wants to learn how to fly sim jets. I am not sure where I should post this so I posted it here.

I just downloaded DCS world and have flown the SU-25T and have a lot of questions about DCS and don't know where to ask questions.

Can you help a noob out?

Thanks.

I've sent you a PM.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

It's possible to get 5 or even 6 Vikhrs downrange on separate targets during a single pass. Full flaps, 400 km/h attack speed, disengage laser manually immediately after target hit (rightshift-O)so you can fire the next shot immediately, use launch override(alt-W) to fire a little outside max range, also no need to align targeting circle perfectly when using launch override. With full flaps configuration, align target with the lowest edge of the targeting circle to get best Vikhr performance even for close range shots (minimum wobbling inflight - fewer misses!). When switching targets, don't look at the Shkval, just zoom in the hud, unlock target with lock button, move Shkval cue to next target by pointing your nose (rudder for lateral movement!) and then lock and fire! Just remember to keep Shkval in the zoomed in mode and it locks targets effortlessly, as long as there's daylight.

Burning vehicle groups in no time! Just watch the return fire :smilewink:

Welcome to DCS! I had lots of question to ask when I got here as well but reading the manual really helps you understand setting up the aircraft and how the aircraft avionics work. Part of the reason why I think your plane is pitching up is because of the trim, just trim down once you start flying faster, otherwise, check the calibration of your joystick or even set some deadzones/curvature in the DCS axis control (found under "options" then "controls" and at the bottom there should be an "axis assign")

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

scarecrow101-

I'm 57 and just got into DCS recently. Just to let you know that I appreciate the questions you posted and read through the forums quite a bit.

I'm learning the A-10C and having a blast. Amazing simulation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. System specs: Windows 7 Pro, EVGA X58 3x classified 3 MOBO, i7 960 @3.2Ghz, 24Gb Ram, Nvidia EVGA GTX 780ti with 3 Gb VRAM.

12th Gen i7 12700K, MSI Z690 Edge mobo, 32 GB of DDR4-3600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V CL16). 

Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle OC (Triple Fan, 16GB VRAM), ACER XV322QU 32" IPS monitor (running 2560x1440).

2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4).

Windows 11.

Aircraft in DCS, be they FC3 or full DCS modules, definitely reward time and patience. Even for FC3 aircraft, which are modelled to a lower realism level as far as systems are concerned, expect to put in a realistic amount of flight hours in order to get proficient with them. Imagine a conversion & training course for a real AF pilot being in the region of 50-75 hours & you'll get an idea of how long it will take. Longer again for some of the more complex DCS-level aircraft such as the A-10C.

That being said, it's absolutely worth ever second of the effort. The feeling you get when everything finally clicks in to place and you find yourself completing all sorts of missions successfully is more rewarding than any other game I can think of.$

When learning a new module I always start by simply reading the manual. The I read it again. Then I read it again. Then I go through the various training missions with the manual open as a reference. Take the time to master every step before proceeding and you'll get there slowly but surely. DCS as a sim rewards patience and practice, practice, practice.

DCS also benefits from one of, if not the, friendliest communities in on-line gaming. Many of the virtual pilots here have more hours in their favourite aircraft than most real AF pilots have in the same types, so never feel reluctant to ask any questions - chances are others will want an answer to the very same question, no matter how basic it might seem.

Welcome aboard, and happy flying! :thumbup:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Hello and welcome to DCS World. I am retired and a one trick pony with the A-10C. After flying other combat flight sims for over 15 years, this is the one I had hoped would be available one day and after doing this for over 3 years I can still say that it's the hardest plane to learn but offers the greatest reward for having learned it. One of the things I found to be a great benefit was to order a printed flight manual that I could flip the pages with while drinking coffee rather than trying to view it on my PC. For me it just doesn't get any better than becoming proficient with the hog and flying multiplayer coop missions designed to simulate historic realism with other experienced hog drivers. Gerry Abbott has some of the best video tutorials available so have a look at them some time.

Edited by Blooze

DCS also benefits from one of, if not the, friendliest communities in on-line gaming.

A few weeks ago I found DCS and started reading about it. Then I searched around trying to figure this whole thing out. I found this board and started reading, then I posted this thread.

Well, tonight I flew around with some guys on line and have been blown away. This is so cool.

Yeah, the posters around here are top notch, bonafide good guys.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Thanks HOME FRIES.

Edited by scarecrow101