Low frame rate

Galm1

higher CPU Frequency = higher single thread performance = higher DirectX 11 Draw Calls Processed by DX11 API = Smoother and Higher FPS in the complex areas of the maps.

higher CPU frequency is not the only indication of single-threaded performance, also instructions per clock... AKA IPC...

fx-8370-vs-5960x_gaming-gtav_gtx960.jpg

76366.png

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Maverick,

Those settings seem to have worked - or at least made it better than it was! :thumbup: I'm not sure if the recent update/patch changed anything, either.

The only difference I made was to turn HDR off, but that just seems to be a personal preference as far as I can tell.

Thanks again for your your assistance,

Divot

I wonder when he got the update to stop the performance as it was before? :(

higher CPU Frequency = higher single thread performance = higher DirectX 11 Draw Calls Processed by DX11 API = Smoother and Higher FPS in the complex areas of the maps.

higher CPU frequency is not the only indication of single-threaded performance, also instructions per clock... AKA IPC...

fx-8370-vs-5960x_gaming-gtav_gtx960.jpg

76366.png

Hadwell, you could look in the hardware section of the forum. There's a quite thorough test of DCS 1.5.2 on different hardware:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157374

There's a test of DCS with different CPU's at 4GHz:

imHqwAa.png

A test on DCS performance related to CPU frequency was also made:

O6FsC1c.png

Finally there's also an interesting test of DCS performance depending on number of cores:

RUfcN9z.png

DCS actually scales a bit up to 4 cores.

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

^ I'm aware of all those charts.

I was sure you were. :)

My reply was mostly for clarification for others that might not be. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Check this link out and then tell me again if it's a "notebook PC"

ASUS G75VW Specs

the Intel 77 chipset wasn't stable

Which why it is always important to stress test (with a known good product for such) that the OC is in fact stable

Just cranking up the settings and heading off with the hair on fire... etc, etc, etc (the rave is known)

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I wonder when he got the update to stop the performance as it was before? :(

It was the 2nd to last 1.5.3 update that did it in for me, as opposed to 1.5.2 , which was perfectly playable.

Initial tests based on MaverickET's settings show a performance improvement in single player (with some stutters/pauses), but I'm testing it today in LAN multiplayer - fingers crossed!

62nd Fighting Falcons

Queensland, Australia

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.com/

ASUS G75VW:

CPU: Intel i7-3610QM 2.3GHz | RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 | GFX: GTX670M 3GB | SSD: 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5"

^^^^ I believe Maverick runs an ATI VGA

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

ATi has been long dead, none of ATi's GPU's are DX11 Compatible.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You'd have to go back some.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

What does this mean??? not dx11 compatible? the 5000 series was the last ATI branded card and was DX11..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_HD_6000_Series

"the 6000 series was the first to use AMD name Starting with this family, the former ATI brand was officially discontinued in favor of making a correlation between the graphics products and the AMD branding for computing platforms (the CPUs and chipsets). Therefore, the AMD brand was used as the replacement."

AMD is going to kill Nvidia in the long run just because of the consoles. Nvidia has marketing but AMD has the has there chips in ALL the consols and the money is in the consoles for the devlopers. kinda funny how in NEW DX12 games AMD cards that cost less are outperforming Nvidia's.

IF you have a laptop that MEETS specs but is under performing you need to CHECK POWER SETTINGS.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

AMD is going to kill in the mobile and low power market(your 400$ brand new laptops) and budget markets(consoles are basically budget PCs), nvidia will kill in the high-end gaming, compute, VR, and 3d rendering markets(3000$ gaming laptops, 1500$-20,000$ gaming/rendering pcs)

Amd is trying to sell many inexpensive lower-end stuff, nvidia is trying to sell fewer, but more expensive high-end stuff, both are good strategies

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What does this mean??? not dx11 compatible? the 5000 series was the last ATI branded card and was DX11..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_HD_6000_Series

"the 6000 series was the first to use AMD name Starting with this family, the former ATI brand was officially discontinued in favor of making a correlation between the graphics products and the AMD branding for computing platforms (the CPUs and chipsets). Therefore, the AMD brand was used as the replacement."

AMD is going to kill Nvidia in the long run just because of the consoles. Nvidia has marketing but AMD has the has there chips in ALL the consols and the money is in the consoles for the devlopers. kinda funny how in NEW DX12 games AMD cards that cost less are outperforming Nvidia's.

IF you have a laptop that MEETS specs but is under performing you need to CHECK POWER SETTINGS.

lol, Wikipedia.

1st, the 5000 Series, even though they had ATi Stickers for the first half of their life, was devloped and released After AMD Bought the company.

2nd The Last ATi developed GPU architecture was barely DX10_0 Certified.

3rd, a 5000 Series is below DCS Minimim Requirements.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

AMD is going to kill in the mobile and low power market(your 400$ brand new laptops) and budget markets(consoles are basically budget PCs), nvidia will kill in the high-end gaming, compute, VR, and 3d rendering markets(3000$ gaming laptops, 1500$-20,000$ gaming/rendering pcs)

Amd is trying to sell many inexpensive lower-end stuff, nvidia is trying to sell fewer, but more expensive high-end stuff, both are good strategies

Not when you look at wafer costs and yields for large chips, which is why nVidia's big GPU is going for 5K+.

All the developers are developing for GCN, as all the consoles this gen, and next gen will be AMD Semi custom solutions.

nVidia's marketshare is going to plumment, and no amount of super computer sales are going to save them.

You don't think that things like steam, that makes buying, installing and playing games pretty well painless, and the fact that a 5 year old could build a PC now, makes owning an non-upgradable PC with a walled garden selection of software (a console) leave much to be desired?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess this is a good a place as any to post this. I used to be able to play dcs at good frames but now it starts to lag after a while in-game, it's not severe but it's noticeable and kinda makes the game unplayable. the only way I can fix it is to restart the game or my pc.

System specs:

Windows 8.1 61-bit

Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3

i5-3570K@3.40GHz

16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz

AMD Radeon HD 7970 3gb

Do yall think my gpu is the problem? I plan on upgrading it once I have the money but I just want to know if it's the problem or something else.

Edit: I plan on upgrading to the r9 390 or 390x, is this a good upgrade or should I get something else?

Edited by Legion

I also have noticed lower frame rates that before.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

I'm running a GF770 2gig video and have no problem. How hot is your video card or other things getting? You say it begins to lag after a while in-game. This sounds like things are getting hot and slowing down. I also have a 3.4ghz cpu and only 12 gig of ram to your 16. I think you are probably on the right track with the GPU. It might just be to old and failing. Do a search for some software that will let you watch GPU temp as you are using the game. Hope this helps

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I have i5 2500k (4.3Ghz) and R9 290 and used to run game on pretty much all high settings, at 60 fps stabel (had Vsync ON). Since last update (I believe it was the one to accommodate Oculus CV1 owners), I have stuters all over the place. Droped EVERYTHING to LOW and MEDIUM removed anisotropic filtering and still no joy, in multiplayer I get low 20s to 60s (If I look straight). Absolutely unplayable.

Reinstalled newes drivers - didn't help, upgraded to WIN10 - became even worse, reinstalled DCS - still no joy. Removed shadows - not any better.

I am waiting for Oculus Rift, but I see there is no way I will be able to play DCS on flat monitor, leave alone Rift.

Very disappointed.

P.S. What sems odd is that before I could zoom in/out very smoothly, now every time I touch zoom button - I will get stutters for a second or more. Very odd.

Something is definitely VERY wrong after last update.

TRIAS.

2500k i5 (4.3Ghz), r9 290, Win10, MSFFB2

I noticed that the quality of my graphics and the performance dropped off at some point during the last few updates. So today I spent six hours testing every setting and combination that I could think of and now my quality is back and my performance is acceptable again.

Whatever changed, it makes you have to re-do your settings to get back to where you were. You'll be able to increase some settings but may have to decrease others. It's a different balancing act now and your old settings aren't going to do it.

Here's my thread on what I came up with:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=165917

There were strange things that I can't explain. For example, if I don't set textures to "High" I lose FPS. My machine wants the high textures.

And even weirder, I actually gained FPS when I increased Clutter/Bushes and Trees Visibility. So don't guess, test. I went setting by setting and tried them at all levels. It was tedious, but now I'm happier than I've ever been with image quality and performance.

It's worth spending some time on re-testing. It all shakes out different now.

:thumbup:

Ouubas, just used your settings and my FPS dropped to 7 -38 and that is in singleplayer mission bf109 with Mustang. No idea what that is as other applications work fine. I was always happy with my DCS performance (comparable ti il2 BOS), but now il2/BOS/BOM is waaaay better then DCS. Hopefully developers will look into all those complains by other players and make some changes. If not then I ill have no choice by abandon DCS altogether.

2500k i5 (4.3Ghz), r9 290, Win10, MSFFB2

+1 unless I am not having fps issues in absolute numbers, but only because I consider my system pretty sufficient feeding a single 1080x1920 monitor I have to say that since the last 2 big patches my frames have nearly halved, especially when i am looking to ai ,enemy, explosions or fire.

This was not the case in the first versions of the beta. On this versions it just has not mattered whatever I was deploying on enemy and generating polygons the framerate stayed stable.

I think Ed patched it into old pre 1.5 DCS behaviour somehow.

i7-6700K / Msi Z170 Board / Kingston 32GB DDR4 / Msi GeForce GTX 980 4G / BQ STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 700W / Fractal Define R5 Black / Alpenföhn "Brocken 2" / Samsung m2 980 Pro 1TB/ WD Blue 2TB / Windows 10 Pro

Ouubas, just used your settings and my FPS dropped to 7 -38 and that is in singleplayer mission bf109 with Mustang. No idea what that is as other applications work fine. I was always happy with my DCS performance (comparable ti il2 BOS), but now il2/BOS/BOM is waaaay better then DCS. Hopefully developers will look into all those complains by other players and make some changes. If not then I ill have no choice by abandon DCS altogether.

Strange. They worked for me. Try changing your AA from Supersampling to Adaptive Multisampling in your Radeon settings.

EDIT: OK, I just did some more testing. For some reason, my game profile for DCS in my Radeon settings was not being used. Instead the game was going for my Global Settings. Having now played with the mess, I have an answer for you.

Make sure that your DCS Radeon profile is being used. Change AA Method to "Multisampling". You might want to do that in your Global settings too, in case your game specific profile is not being used. You can also turn ON the Morphological Filtering. Once you've made these changes within your Radeon card settings, go check your frame rate and your image quality. I think you'll be pleased.

Oubaas

Edited by Oubaas
Found a solution.
  • Like 1