The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Can I just mention a few personal requests?

1) as mentioned before, it would be great to have a scalable window for the utility, as in 4K, some of the text is VERY difficult to read, especially the console. See attached, but don't know if you can tell from that on a non 4K display.

2) be good for the Multi-Threading option to NOT continuously switch back to ON when OFF was selected.  The case for this is clear with the current DCS OB build and all the issues with load times, mouse lag, etc. in the MT version that many users - including myself - are experiencing.  So often, I forget to set option to OFF before launching and then I have to wait for DCS to load, quit and start again.

3) be good for the utility to remember the last selected preset as well, but we have discussed that already.

s1.jpg

• Like 4

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

19 hours ago, imacken said:

Can I just mention a few personal requests?

1) as mentioned before, it would be great to have a scalable window for the utility, as in 4K, some of the text is VERY difficult to read, especially the console. See attached, but don't know if you can tell from that on a non 4K display.

2) be good for the Multi-Threading option to NOT continuously switch back to ON when OFF was selected.  The case for this is clear with the current DCS OB build and all the issues with load times, mouse lag, etc. in the MT version that many users - including myself - are experiencing.  So often, I forget to set option to OFF before launching and then I have to wait for DCS to load, quit and start again.

3) be good for the utility to remember the last selected preset as well, but we have discussed that already.

s1.jpg

1. Scalable Window isn't an option at the moment, as many elements are hard coded to their size/dock/location,
I could add a pop out console w/ a larger font size, but I wouldn't say that it would be a priority, as I have other major functions that need to be finished and debugged.
the UI Window is already substantially bigger than what most users wanted (apparently people still use 1280x720p displays?).
when I have time to re-configure the docking and linked edges of the controls, I may have the right side extendable and as the app window size extends past specific values, increase the font size of the console.

2. and 3. are being worked on,
Like I said, I have to be careful how it's integrated to remember, and when the value is loaded as there are dozens of sub functions tied to preset switches, and if the app switches from default to another before all the functions are complete it will cause a mess in exceptions and desync. Same for when a User chooses a Preset and switches builds. It would likely be a complex system that manages the selected preset the same way it manages the preset names per builds.

Same for MT Switch, If it's enabled on a build that has MT then switches to a non MT build and it remains enabled, then it would cause argument manifest and binary exceptions.
It'd also be a complex system that remembers MT Button state for each build but still run the MT check and disable if the MT Binaries are not preset.

They'll both be integrated, but it's not going to be a rush job, and I have a significant list of little bugs in the core functions that need to have 

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I look forward to any future developments. 

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

That's not to say, 
Some Font's and Controls / text may get a small enlargement, as I made them small in the UI originally to fit everything, I've since divided or moved many controls around, so there is space, to not have Microscopic 8 pt fonts on many of the controls.

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Does this offer a mod manager? It would be great to see ovgme functionality baked in since that app is no longer in development, and to have everything under one roof!

All modules & maps | VR only (5950x, 4090, Reverb G2)

OvGME may not be developed any more, but have you tried Open Mod Manager by the same author?  Superior to OvGME, imo.

2 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

That's not to say, 
Some Font's and Controls / text may get a small enlargement, as I made them small in the UI originally to fit everything, I've since divided or moved many controls around, so there is space, to not have Microscopic 8 pt fonts on many of the controls.

Another little thing, the app doesn't remember its last window position on screen.  Always starts in the middle, so I have to move it on every load. V1 didn't have this issue.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, imacken said:

OvGME may not be developed any more, but have you tried Open Mod Manager by the same author?  Superior to OvGME, imo.

Another little thing, the app doesn't remember its last window position on screen.  Always starts in the middle, so I have to move it on every load. V1 didn't have this issue.

V1 Also had the Problem of Loading off screen due to end user monitor config changing and coordinates no longer valid.
Remembering the Position is easy enough to re-enable and put an options toggle, I will add to the flow board.

32 minutes ago, dsc106 said:

Does this offer a mod manager? It would be great to see ovgme functionality baked in since that app is no longer in development, and to have everything under one roof!

A Mod Manager was part of the Alpha, but it was not in a state that was usable and holding up the release so it was removed.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

V1 Also had the Problem of Loading off screen due to end user monitor config changing and coordinates no longer valid.
Remembering the Position is easy enough to re-enable and put an options toggle, I will add to the flow board.

Thanks again!

I am sure the SETTING BUTTON is on my screen but I cannot locate it.  So where is it?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

2 hours ago, sobe said:

I am sure the SETTING BUTTON is on my screen but I cannot locate it.  So where is it?

Which Setting button?

1 hour ago, jaylw314 said:

Is the button to clear pre-compiled shaders in the Adv Updater Options tab no longer there?  Or is it someplace obvious that I'm missing?

They can be deleted in User Profile Management:

image.png

or After Update:

image.png

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank You for all hard work 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Does the app need to be in any specific folder to works properly?

I'm experiencing that the options.lua filed gets messed up every time I load DCS through the updated utility (using updated version, pressed "save" button before starting). For example, I set what I want for my graphic settings in the utility, start DCS and all options are set to as low as possible.

Also, it seems like authorization data got messed up too as after seeing this loss of graphics settings after using utility, I manually started the DCS using MT exe file and then I had to log in again. On a hunch I went to check the special settings and they also got restored to defaults after this...

Any clue what to try next? I've checked the log file, no errors showed up (at least obvious ones)

@SkateZilla I'm not sure that the User Profile scan is working correctly.

For example, see first attachment, I deleted the Screenshots and Liveries folder from within the Utility. They disappeared, but doing a Scan/Calculate shows them as still having content.

Also, could you explain what exactly the 'Manage Config Folders section actually does?  I mean there is a config folder backup/delete option above, so not sure. Also, What does Source Folder and Destination Folder mean?  If I select 'DCS Open Beta' as source and 'ED Updater Utility' as destination, the backup is still going to the DCS Stable Saved Games folder.  No matter what I select for destination, it goes to DCS Stable Release Saved Games.  (See 2nd attachment.)

sg2.jpg

sg3.jpg

Hey @SkateZilla - first of all, just want to say great work on this, it's excellent! Secondly - not sure if this has already been answered - my graphics presets don't seem to save...

I select a preset at the top (next to build selector), then I go to graphics preset editor and click the 'import from profile' -> 'ED Custom 1' (which is my non-VR settings).

It correctly sets the settings.

I hit save, they get reverted. Then if I change to a different preset (at the top), and back, they're all the default 1920x1080 settings.

I have an in-game preset for VR vs non-VR, and hope to use your tool to switch between them without having to load the game in between!

I've attached logs and screenshots!

Screenshot 2023-07-07 110745.png

Screenshot 2023-07-07 110750.png

ED Updater Utility v2.log.txt

Screenshot 2023-07-07 110651.png

Edited by Kazputin

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 5900X, AMD 6700XT, 64GB DDR4, WD SN850X. Samsung Odyssey G5 34”, or an Oculus Rift S.

Eagerly Anticipating: OH-58, Eurofighter Typhoon, C-130, Chinook

6 hours ago, jparker36 said:

is there a way to import everything from the previous version of the app?

No, Previous Version used an entorely different code path.

12 hours ago, Kazputin said:

Hey @SkateZilla - first of all, just want to say great work on this, it's excellent! Secondly - not sure if this has already been answered - my graphics presets don't seem to save...

I select a preset at the top (next to build selector), then I go to graphics preset editor and click the 'import from profile' -> 'ED Custom 1' (which is my non-VR settings).

It correctly sets the settings.

I hit save, they get reverted. Then if I change to a different preset (at the top), and back, they're all the default 1920x1080 settings.

I have an in-game preset for VR vs non-VR, and hope to use your tool to switch between them without having to load the game in between!

I've attached logs and screenshots!

Screenshot 2023-07-07 110745.png

Screenshot 2023-07-07 110750.png

ED Updater Utility v2.log.txt 447.83 kB · 0 downloads

Screenshot 2023-07-07 110651.png

Im tracking this as well, it appears it was unable to update and save any values according to the log file.

I Hope to have a resolution soon.

Edit: 7/0//23 @ 1830 EST: Log Files Provided plus a slow scan over the Import Slots 1-4, Custom 1-3 + Browse for File Import, I was able to pinpoint the problem and re-write the import function to resolve the issue.

14 hours ago, imacken said:

@SkateZilla I'm not sure that the User Profile scan is working correctly.

For example, see first attachment, I deleted the Screenshots and Liveries folder from within the Utility. They disappeared, but doing a Scan/Calculate shows them as still having content.

Also, could you explain what exactly the 'Manage Config Folders section actually does?  I mean there is a config folder backup/delete option above, so not sure. Also, What does Source Folder and Destination Folder mean?  If I select 'DCS Open Beta' as source and 'ED Updater Utility' as destination, the backup is still going to the DCS Stable Saved Games folder.  No matter what I select for destination, it goes to DCS Stable Release Saved Games.  (See 2nd attachment.)

sg2.jpg

sg3.jpg

You mustve missed my 2 previous replies to you regarding these functions being broken by a null value.

But the Individual Folders when deleted should goto recycle bin, backup to the set backup folder.

The Source / destination is meant for copying the entire /Config Folder from one build to another, backup makes a backup and delete sends to recycle bin.

However a null exception in the last few builds basically messed this entire page up.

Edited by SkateZilla

28 minutes ago, AZDane said:

@SkateZilla is there a way to move the app location and retain all settings? When I try, all the settings are lost.

Moving folders creates a new APPDATA url Code.

you can goto the APPDATA/Local/Skate Zilla Simulations/ Folder and copy the settings file from one folder to another.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

Moving folders creates a new APPDATA url Code.

you can goto the APPDATA/Local/Skate Zilla Simulations/ Folder and copy the settings file from one folder to another.

Thanks

Skatezilla

The settings button that I was refering to is the button you describe below.  I cannot figure how to select a bulid.  I have used your older version for years without any issues.

Using the App:

-From the main screen, Press the Settings Button

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

@SkateZilla could i please ask you to consider a feature request, could we have the script launched linked to the profile or VR non VR ? and could we have a script run after DCS.exe has unloaded?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg