Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

I ask a simple thing, give me proof that the warping is caused due to ping. You cannot show that this is the reason.

There can be a million other reasons and from what we saw, pings are not the reason. As you said mav, we have a function that is now not operational, it is off because we saw it did not matter.

I believe, and again this simply guessing on experience as I cannot prove it, that the warping issues are related to DCS Net code and it's inability to hold the many events occurring in blue flag.

Because we want to give any chance to stabilize blue flag, we will put the ping limiting on to see the results again.

Is your CPU usage <100% (single core aggregate), but you still see server side FPS drop after time?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any tanker would have the life expectancy of zero, as soon as anyone one on the opposing force spotted it, pow, Aim9 suppository

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

While I would so much love for there to be a tanker, the lag/warp issues would make AAR near impossible.

Yeah, that's the problem on this sim...

Any tanker would have the life expectancy of zero, as soon as anyone one on the opposing force spotted it, pow, Aim9 suppository

I agree but defend the tanker can be a very cool mission for fighters.

Did some of the Blue Flag creators receive official support from ED ?

I don't need another 20 planes, I need environment in which I can enjoy those great products..

No unfortunately not yet. We asked to join testing before 1.5 release so we won't delay a round in the new environment but it was not possible at that time.

We got promoted through the ED Facebook page though and we thank them for that.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Greg is your host machine a single core or multicore machine mate?

HUGE THANKS to you guys for agreeing to implement the Ping Limit. I'm not promising it will fix everything but I guarantee the server will crash less frequently!

As Xcom stated... it is hard to 'prove' these things however I will do my best to document some screenshots of it occurring on our box when it happens next and post them for you.

Thank you both for your hard work and your team S!

Got in my first Helicoper Dogfight last night :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Always a pleasure flying with you guys, and being a part of the blue flag event! See you at Vaziana :)

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I am sorry if I have overlooked this- but during this last round of BF, I have not been able to join a flight. I get into the server fine, but even with a relative low player count, I am unable to spawn in. My name shows for 1/10 second, then goes back to the player pool. I have tried with and without mods (RAE mod/terrain mods). I have used the 1.5 release version. I have not registered for this round either. Can anyone shed some light over why this is? And again, sorry if I have missed something.

I am sorry if I have overlooked this- but during this last round of BF, I have not been able to join a flight. I get into the server fine, but even with a relative low player count, I am unable to spawn in. My name shows for 1/10 second, then goes back to the player pool. I have tried with and without mods (RAE mod/terrain mods). I have used the 1.5 release version. I have not registered for this round either. Can anyone shed some light over why this is? And again, sorry if I have missed something.

Hello, the first time you join the server you must type in DCS chat RED or BLUE depending on the side you want to fly with.

After this your name is logged and you won't asked to do it again. Then you have to select a general slot that is taking off of an open airbase (occypied and with enough fuel).

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Press Shift-Tab and write side you want to join (RED or BLUE) in chat window.

When you click the slot, if you are rejected, the reason will be written in chat history. (Tab key)

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Recommendations on the fuel system:

1) Add more fuel to the crates

2) If not 1, then please reduce the fuel used from aircraft spawn or whatever to 10

3) If neither 1 or 2, can you remove the fuel system?

Option 4 - Get more helicopters... and do more fuel runs... :)

The system is working as designed, its means that a large advance means supply lines are longer so its difficult to support. Hence a much more interesting Blue Flag where the frontline constantly shifts as it has done. :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord