Improvement of REFUEL TANKERS

GumidekCZ

MORE THAN 5 YEARS!!!

STILL HAVENT SEEN ANY UPDATE.
Tanker have still same three NAV lights (Green.Red, White), whithout any additional lighting to help receivers to maintain formation with and without Night Vision (as requested by pilot for peace/war conditions).

• Like 5

+ absolutely 1, very nice OP and it's a shame they've been left in this state.

(Also, shouldn't the MPRS just be a loadout option for the KC-135? Instead of necessitating a dedicated aircraft? Come to think of it, wouldn't it be better if the drogue adaptor for the boom was also a loadout option?)

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

3 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

(Also, shouldn't the MPRS just be a loadout option for the KC-135? Instead of necessitating a dedicated aircraft? Come to think of it, wouldn't it be better if the drogue adaptor for the boom was also a loadout option?)

Yes, and at the same time enable refueling from both types without a separate aircraft. 

• Like 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Maybe a little OT but coming to think about it; why is the S-3B Tanker a dedicated aircraft? It's completely identical to the regular S-3B, just it's carrying a D-704 and an external fuel tank - both should just be loadout options of the regular S-3B.

If DCS requires dedicated aircraft for refuelling, this might be a problem in the future for the A-6E, which even though it's not a dedicated tanker variant (that's the KA-6D) it can still equip the D-704 to be used in a tanker role. The Mirage F-1 we're getting can also equip a buddy store. If we were to ever get a Buccaneer well, that also can equip a buddy store too, as well as numerous others. It's going to be a royal pain if we're going to have to have dedicated duplicates to be used as tankers.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

We have plans for improving air 2 air refuelling, but it is a massive task and will take time, I have no news for you other than it is something we want to do in the future when time permits. 

thank you

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So its not W.I.P. as Title of this topic tells us:

Or just lights are W.I.P.?

"We have plans for improving" - plans to just do it, or plans what exactly need to be done or improved? Like if the standard hoose for first receiver will be finaly on the Right side, not left?

• Like 1

Maybe a little OT but coming to think about it; why is the S-3B Tanker a dedicated aircraft? It's completely identical to the regular S-3B, just it's carrying a D-704 and an external fuel tank - both should just be loadout options of the regular S-3B.

If DCS requires dedicated aircraft for refuelling, this might be a problem in the future for the A-6E, which even though it's not a dedicated tanker variant (that's the KA-6D) it can still equip the D-704 to be used in a tanker role. The Mirage F-1 we're getting can also equip a buddy store. If we were to ever get a Buccaneer well, that also can equip a buddy store too, as well as numerous others. It's going to be a royal pain if we're going to have to have dedicated duplicates to be used as tankers.
Now I forget the status of buddy tanking from the A-4E-C, but at least it can tank from other tankers in DCS now.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Now I forget the status of buddy tanking from the A-4E-C, but at least it can tank from other tankers in DCS now.

If it can, that's great and panic over - it just means we have unnecessary duplicate tankers which is messy and inefficient but not a game breaker for aircraft that can do other things as well as refuel other aircraft. It would be a royal pain if we for instance, had a separate, dedicated A-6E that can equip a D-704 and an A-6E with everything else, when the D-704 should just be a loadout option. Same goes for the S-3B.

• Like 1

System:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/20/2023 at 10:17 AM, Gruman said:

Well the Tanker S-3 should follow shortly. Probably Two Weeks or so.

I hope that someone creates a flyable mod of the S-3 using that AI variant.  Then for it to eventually be develop into a full fidelity module. 

0138079.jpg

• Like 1