MiG-15/F-86 Campaign Announcement

looking forward to this Campaign, any news?

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I can't really say much, other than "soon". In all honesty, I really don't know. That decision is up to ED. As you can tell from when I first posted this announcement, it's been a little more than a month. I turned this campaign over to them when they already had a lot on their plate, and I'm happy that they were able to fit me into their busy schedules. I have been informed that this project is coming close to release though.

The official trailer to the campaign will go public with the release. And I've also got an "Old School Instrument and Navigation Tutorial" (Youtube video) that I will be releasing at that time as well. Also, The drop box set up and ready to go, containing larger images of all the mission briefings and flt. plan pages. And I even have a checklist for the Mig-15 done (that checklist is currently living in the Mig-15 subfolder in these forums) I'll make an F-86 checklist as soon as Belsimtek finishes their manual for the aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Chris over at Mudspike.com posted his preview of the campaign! Check it out here:

http://www.mudspike.com/the-museum-relic-dcs-world-campaign/

RELIC-00.jpg

I've also posted an YouTube tutorial for Old School Instruments and Navigation. This will help anyone who wants to learn the Radio's and NDB's for the Mig-15 and/or F-86.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

- Apache600

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

I have never ever flown a single campaign tho I actually even bought a few Add-On-Campaigns to support.

This one I will Buy&Fly :)

Love the 15

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Well done! Great preview!

Thanks - and thanks to Apache600 for letting me take her for a spin. I wish'd I'd had time to fly the F-86 side of the campaign, but couldn't carve out enough time to manage that.

I think people will really enjoy this campaign - it works well with the way he worked those old airframes into the modern-ish battlefield.

any chance we'll see the dropbox files included in the *module*/Doc folder?

Negative, the files in the dropbox are not going to be part of the campaign download. I didn't want to make the file size any larger than needed.

One of the things the dropbox will provide is the enlarged Mission Briefing/Flt Plan pages for all the missions in both the campaigns. Those files add up to 320+ MB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Negative, the files in the dropbox are not going to be part of the campaign download. I didn't want to make the file size any larger than needed.

One of the things the dropbox will provide is the enlarged Mission Briefing/Flt Plan pages for all the missions in both the campaigns. Those files add up to 320+ MB.

320 mb in times of terrabyte harddrives and super fast internet who cares? just curious

anyways, the lack of content was a non buyer for me on those planes. maybe thats gonna change now - good work

testing and bug squashing takes time

From the origional post it seems Apache sent the finished campaign to ED the first week of April and we have been waiting for them to release it ever since. Perhaps there is a problem or issue with that, but we don't know, which is why I was asking what is taking so long.

Hey folks, currently there are no known issues with the integration process. It just takes time. This campaign is introducing two new things to the DCS DLC package. 1) Custom skins for these two aircraft and 2) two different campaigns being sold together in one file. Neither of these have been done with a DLC package before. What would happen when someone may own the F-86 and not the MiG-15 (or vice-versa)? The installer program needs to be written in a way to handle these different variables. That in turn that reflects how the menu on the title screen of the Sim handles this.

Also, when I turned the campaign over to them back in April, I had no idea what the length of the que line was that I was getting into. These guys are busy to say the least. Since then, there have been 1.5 and 2.0 updates that were ahead of me in line. The P-51 High-Stakes campaign, The SA342Gazelle (also with 1.5 and 2.0 and Steam integration), the unfortunate issue that came up with Starway's Caucasus Texture DLC, and the F-5 presale. I probably couldn't have jumped into the que line at a worse time if all I had hoped for was a speedy release. My hat's off to them. I think they're doing a really good job with their updates and releases, and Matt (Wags) has also been keeping me in the loop as well. More then that though, he hasn't kicked me to the curb or given me the cold shoulder for pestering him every week about the campaign :)

I am as eager as anyone to see this release. And I really appreciate everyone's patience so far!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it :)

I own F-86 but not MiG-15 yet so I'm hoping there are no compatibility problems as such.

It is a busy time for ED though there is a lot going on - still would like to see this campaign come out!

Easy day one buy here Apache, can't wait. My fingers are crossed that you keep it up post release with new campaigns for other aircraft that are in need of content - 190/109 perhaps?

Anyway, I really think you're doing a stand up thing here - DCS is a great platform but it lacks in the story driven, single player content, glad you're here to contribute.

Hats off ;)

None of these artificial/arbitrary campaigns capture my interest without the local theater. If there was a way for third-party devs to create 'new maps' to fly over, then I'd be all over this. That is needed even more critically than are new aircraft to fly IMHO. Hopefully we will get there soon.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

DCS is a great platform but it lacks in the story driven, single player content

Story Driven Multiplayer is also lacking. Maybe we could see that one day. I would love a Multiplayer Campaign to throw $ at.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

DCS is still a a raw beast with only a few capable enough to produce good-solid missions that we can then download or maybe only "play" on a specofoc server.

I can only see less than a handfull of servers that make up what DCS is online and from my personal point of view that comes from this very complicated ME that you have to dive into, firget RL for 3 month..and then u maybe able to produce nice missions...after you studied LUA.

Useless for 95% of the paying customers as we dont have the time to do it, not the time to study it and whazt not else that makes DCS missions such a culprit to produce.

I put a hold on my purchases, own all but 2, until I see a light there. Why would I need another BETA that just sits around... ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X