Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

hey guys,all recommended settings doesnt really hepls to have normal visibility. I can see B17 from like 700 m distance but not really like before on the stupid flat screen. hmmm

I guess i need to read this forum from top to bottom

Steel Hotas Warthog + Hoffmans F16 rudders, Oculus Rift S, EVGA RTX3090, Core i7 4790K

Hangar: Ka50, A10C, A10A, A10CII, SU27, SU33, SU25, Av8BNA, Bf109K4, F16C, F86, FA18C, FW190D9, i-16, L39C, Mi8, MiG15, MiG19P, MiG21, P51D, Spitfire, SuperCarrier, Yak52, P47, F14, Mi24P, Me262?

Flying over CAU, NEV, NORM, SYR, CHNL, PER, ATL

stupid question, is there any influence on the graphic resolution in the Oculus from my flat screen? any additional setup required?

Steel Hotas Warthog + Hoffmans F16 rudders, Oculus Rift S, EVGA RTX3090, Core i7 4790K

Hangar: Ka50, A10C, A10A, A10CII, SU27, SU33, SU25, Av8BNA, Bf109K4, F16C, F86, FA18C, FW190D9, i-16, L39C, Mi8, MiG15, MiG19P, MiG21, P51D, Spitfire, SuperCarrier, Yak52, P47, F14, Mi24P, Me262?

Flying over CAU, NEV, NORM, SYR, CHNL, PER, ATL

stupid question, is there any influence on the graphic resolution in the Oculus from my flat screen? any additional setup required?

Not really, the Oculus resolution is what it is.

Some believe they may get a little better performance by lowering the monitor resolution over it's default, I have tried it and really can not see any perceivable difference myself. So I just leave my monitor at it's native resolution.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

hey guys,all recommended settings doesnt really hepls to have normal visibility. I can see B17 from like 700 m distance but not really like before on the stupid flat screen. hmmm

I guess i need to read this forum from top to bottom

Hello friend,If you mean The VR presets in the options menu you can start there,and work your way adjusting to get a suitable balance of good resolution and good performance for your PC.It's not perfect,but once you hit that "sweet spot" of balance it's a lot of fun,Hope this helps and Happy New Year!!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Also, keep in mind that Rift (or any other VR HMD) has a small sweet spot. So make sure you around the HMD and adjust the straps. But it'll never be as clear as 1440, 3840 monitors.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I play 1920x1080 on single monitor (with MFDs on second screen) and enjoy my game, Im in no hurry to buy a 4k monitor, you dont miss what you havnt had right?

But I really want to buy VR, have an old R9 200 paired with a 4.4ghx 2600K - seems I could possible run a Rift with a 1070Ti and the old 2600?

What do you think, I keep building panels for a cockpit but recently one of the cockpit builders sold his rig as he got VR.

I like the idea of a set up with Rift to play both racing and flight sims.

This resolution stuff has me second guessing though, is it really an issue? Its not like an Amiga or Atari ST? Its just like turning your monitor resolution down?

I used to have a 1070 with my i5 2500, it was fine, and the experience is awesome.

As it happens, my 1070 died whilst under warranty. Replaced for not much more with a 1080, which is even better.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

My even older 920 was able to run VR fine with an O/C of 3.9 and a 970

I noticed the difference immediately when I upgraded though. The 1070 is a game changer or the 1080 if you can stretch to it :)

Lack of USB 3 ports will be your biggest challenge if you have non it will cost an expansion card

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And rift sensors works just fine in usb2 , i have all sensors in USB 2 ports now and zero diffrence vs USB 3 ports , no matter how hard i test. Rift is in USB 3 but works in USB 2 if needed. (Least in my high end mobo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My even older 920 was able to run VR fine with an O/C of 3.9 and a 970

I noticed the difference immediately when I upgraded though. The 1070 is a game changer or the 1080 if you can stretch to it :)

Lack of USB 3 ports will be your biggest challenge if you have non it will cost an expansion card

Good call, I don't have any left, either USB 2 or 3!

Need to look into that.

I have this card. It's the recommended one and I have no problems at all.

Let windows install the drivers on it's own (win 10 Fall Creators Update).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inateck-KTU3FR-5O2I-expansion-ports-black/dp/B00FPIMJEW/ref=pd_bxgy_63_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B18XY5CJPHKJPKF0B7A7

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Hello guys! VR noob question here. I installed the oculus just fine and is working beautifully. I try to start DCS but all I have is the small screen on my monitor but nothing is showing in the rift. What am I missing?

Intel I9-9900k, Gigabyte AORUS Ultra, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 3200, EVGA 2080Ti, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 512, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 1TB, MCG, Vipril, TM Controls, SLAW device rudders, Obutto Revolution, Valve Index

In addition make sure you have enabled unknown apps in the Oculus Home software.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

After testing a DK2 about two years ago (and I LOVED DCS on it...) I recently bought a CV1. Immersion is as I remembered; really great.

I do have a question though. I would like to map left-mouse click to the little pan-control button on the TMWH throttle (the one you use to steer the A-10C TGP). Is there a way to do that? In that way I could easily look around in the cockpit and just press that little button for a left-mouse click...

Oh, and another one... is it possible to make two shortcuts, one for DCS with, and one for DCS without VR?

Edited by GurbY

After testing a DK2 about two years ago (and I LOVED DCS on it...) I recently bought a CV1. Immersion is as I remembered; really great.

I do have a question though. I would like to map left-mouse click to the little pan-control button on the TMWH throttle (the one you use to steer the A-10C TGP). Is there a way to do that? In that way I could easily look around in the cockpit and just press that little button for a left-mouse click...

Should be able to do that in the VR setting menu and UI layer.

Put a check in VR setting for "use mouse".

Then in controller mapping menu, click on down arrow by module listing and scroll all way down to UI layer. There you can assign a button press for left mouse click.

Don B

Oh, and another one... is it possible to make two shortcuts, one for DCS with, and one for DCS without VR?

Just grab SkateZilla's DCS updater utility, it has that option built in.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Don B

Should be able to do that in the VR setting menu and UI layer.

Put a check in VR setting for "use mouse".

Then in controller mapping menu, click on down arrow by module listing and scroll all way down to UI layer. There you can assign a button press for left mouse click.

Tnx; will try tonight!!

I just got my Rift hooked up for the first time and having some mixed emotions. The post-install Oculus demo (one where you interact with the Wall-E looking robot) is awesome and smooth, life is good.

I fire up DCS 1.5 and 2.2, using VR preset in DCS with PD of 1.7, and it's stutter city. Everything is buttery smooth, until I try to pan around the cockpit....and then it looks like I'm dragging the screen around. As soon as I stop moving my head, it's smooth again.

Am I missing something or is this working as "intended?"

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

I just got my Rift hooked up for the first time and having some mixed emotions. The post-install Oculus demo (one where you interact with the Wall-E looking robot) is awesome and smooth, life is good.

I fire up DCS 1.5 and 2.2, using VR preset in DCS with PD of 1.7, and it's stutter city. Everything is buttery smooth, until I try to pan around the cockpit....and then it looks like I'm dragging the screen around. As soon as I stop moving my head, it's smooth again.

What GPU do you have? My DCS VR performance is smooth with PD of 2.3

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

What GPU do you have? My DCS VR performance is smooth with PD of 2.3

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

The 1080ti that's in my signature.

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

No you should be totally smooth all the way especially with your rig.

If by " dragging the screen around" you mean what I think, like the whole view tends to want to move with you, it sounds like may be a sensor tracking issue. Look in Oculus Home for any sensor warnings. Might even be worth running through sensor setup again, especially if any warnings like poor tracking.

Don B