Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Bah, nothing I try seems to get pixel density to work. Might have to wait for the DCS option.

Just saw this on the Reddit thread... Have you tried this already? Could at least tell you if it's just your eyes not seeing it or it's actually not working...

"Using the Oculus debug tool. Enable the performance window (it's displayed in rift) and select the type 'Layers'. Then pixel density is shown on the last item in the list.

EDIT Using this method is a good way to see if the pixel density override has worked. Changing the pixel density for Oculus Home seems to have no effect either for me, ironically enough."

• Like 1

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Oculus 1.5 Runtimes are Rolling out, updates include supposed fixes to GPU's not running at full 3d clocks.

Users are actually still having problems with clocks, even after the 1.5 update.

If you can, You can try using 3rd Party Overclocking Apps to block or overwrite the oculus power profiles.

I use MSI's to block power profiles from being loaded, 99% of the time, Oculus Boots card into OC Mode now, there was one launch that only went to full 3d Clocks but that was likely my fault as I was running w/ MSI AB, HWMonitorPRO and AMD Redeon Settings all open on screen, was also the launch i was prompted to update my drivers for Rift.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Just saw this on the Reddit thread... Have you tried this already? Could at least tell you if it's just your eyes not seeing it or it's actually not working...

"Using the Oculus debug tool. Enable the performance window (it's displayed in rift) and select the type 'Layers'. Then pixel density is shown on the last item in the list.

EDIT Using this method is a good way to see if the pixel density override has worked. Changing the pixel density for Oculus Home seems to have no effect either for me, ironically enough."

Worked, thanks!

So far I've found that it's not a night and day improvement, but seems to be a bit better without too much of a performance hit.

It has arrived :)

Quick question, the faceplate was not fixed to the headset is that normal?

Edited by NineLine
Removed political comment

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

The facial interface can be reseated into position. There are many who are not pleased with yesterday's outcomes, but that's a discussion for other places. At least a new Oculus is a small consolation.

I updated to 1.5 and it all still works :)

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Open Beta Update 1.5.4.54080 Live now

Please remember to remove all mods before updating

Includes The UI and Various VR Improvements

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Open Beta Update 1.5.4.54080 Live now

Please remember to remove all mods before updating

Includes The UI and Various VR Improvements

Don't tell them!!! I'm still downloading and don't want a slow down! :D

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Is there an easy way to copy all of my controller settings from the v1.5 Stable Release to the Open Beta v1.5 release? I am just installing v1.5 beta today...been using the stable version all along.

BTW, I'm getting a sweet 85mb/s d/l speed so hopefully this will keep quiet for another few mins :D

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Copy the /Input/ Folder in /Saved Games/DCS/Config/ to /Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Config/

Do it one AC at a Time, as Some Aircraft have changed their control assignments (ie HAWK).

Is there an easy way to copy all of my controller settings from the v1.5 Stable Release to the Open Beta v1.5 release? I am just installing v1.5 beta today...been using the stable version all along.

BTW, I'm getting a sweet 85mb/s d/l speed so hopefully this will keep quiet for another few mins :D

Just copy over your inputs folder in the saved games location of dcs world

• Like 1

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Holly Cow, well just a quick check and no issues with my 780 at least from what I have seen so far :)

I will do some dogfighting etc and report back, as expected the resolution is not perfect however those first few seconds in the P-51 cockpit were mind blowing!

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I'm only running 2.0 so I hope we get the VR improvements in that one soon. Any reports on the VR updates in 1.5?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I'm only running 2.0 so I hope we get the VR improvements in that one soon. Any reports on the VR updates in 1.5?

I can't get the open beta to run in VR mode at all. Currently reinstalling. Check the previous page for a link from Skatezilla for issues with today's beta release.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Worked, thanks!

So far I've found that it's not a night and day improvement, but seems to be a bit better without too much of a performance hit.

Awesome glad it worked. Yeah it's not like it turns it into 4K or anything :-) but to me it's definitely worth doing if you can pull it off with your system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's at the very bottom of the update thread they said they are going to run it in the beta for about a week work out the kinks and then update 1.5 and then 2.0. So the best guess is 2 to 3 weeks for 2.0.

I don't run the beta I'm curious to hear anyone's reviews of how the zoom works.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't get the open beta to run in VR mode at all. Currently reinstalling. Check the previous page for a link from Skatezilla for issues with today's beta release.

Check the Thread for Possible Fix,

Worked for the dozen or so people that I talked to on Skype.

Awesome glad it worked. Yeah it's not like it turns it into 4K or anything :-) but to me it's definitely worth doing if you can pull it off with your system.

And after all that, they introduce pixel density into 1.5 today. Typical!

The new VR impovements are good though. An inexhaustive list:

1. You can tell exactly where the cursor is now.
  2. Binding mouse clicks to hotas means no more wondering where the mouse is.
  3. Pixel density adjustment in game.
  4. Larger font for radio messages.
  5. Clear tool tips when hovering over switches, so you know what you're clicking on.