Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

I purchased a pilot's kneeboard. Printed some 9 line cards and laminated them, then use a dry erase marker. The kneeboard is in just the right spot to be viewed through the nose gap without even moving my head.

Issue: If I'm in the a10 for say 30 minutes or so the pointer suddenly goes from a cross to... basically a yellow pixelated sun. Is that happening to anyone else?

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Still getting 60% gpu useage and 30fps in many areas in 1.5 beta in VR. There's plenty of gpu power left to throw at this sim but it won't take it.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Oculus announces Asynchronous SPACEWARP- positional ATW!

Due to Asynchronous Spacewarp and NVIDIA+AMD's latest driver VR optimisations, Oculus is reducing the minimum spec to an i3-6100 and GTX 960! (Allows for a $499 VR ready PC)

Does that means that we will get better performance in DCS soon?

Edited by alieneye
  • Like 1

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

If the ASW works just as well as the ATW it should eliminate the judder. They said it is directly implemented in the native Oculus drivers, so we should know it soon.

Did they say when the new driver with ASW implemented will be released? I missed that in the Keynote.

Well, it seems like Asynchronous Spacewarp is already in the current Oculus runtime.

Can't wait to try it out when I get back from work tonight !!

• Like 1

Happy Flying ! :pilotfly:

--

My specs: i7 8700K oc 5.0gHz, Asus Maximus Hero X, 32 Go DDR4 3600MHz, GTX1080 oc 2025MHz, Samsung Evo 960 SSD, Oculus rift CV1, 2 sensors. VKB Gunfighter w/ Warthog stick. Warthog throttle. Custom 6xrotary box. MFG rudder pedals

Well, a random pc of good news for me..

I was digging thru some older boxes looking for some adapters for some other devices,

I Found the Solid MiniDP to DisplayPORT adapter that came w/ my GPU,

Now, I have about 5 MiniDP->HDMI Adapters, none of which worked correctly with the Rift.

I also bought the Recommended Cable Matters one however it was a Full DP and not a MiniDP that is on my cards.

I already had another adapter I bought to use my DP->DVI Adapter for a 4th Screen on my GPU (So it was 3x MiniDP->DVI and 1x MiniDP-DP then a DP to DVI.

However when the Cable Matters DP->HDMI Adapter was used, no signal was passed to the rift, or any screens for that matter.

long story short, I found the solid one that came w/ my card (solid as in no cable, straight 1 pc block adapter).

Plugged in the Cable Matters HDMI Adapter, plugged in my Screen, Got a Signal, Unplugged the Rift from the HDMI Port, PLugged it into the Adapter, Worked.

So this means I can remove my Old GPU w/ HDMI Port and put my MSI Lightnings back in the PC and run 4 Screens + Rift.

Also, Make sure you update your GPU Drivers.

Since the last few updates, When Closing down the Rift Program, My System goes into a hard lock, everything but the mouse locks up, and eventually the mouse locks up too requiring a hard reset.

Pretty sure it's because they added stuff to the new runtimes and I havent updated my drivers yet.

However those trying to use alternate tracking w/ rift, while using the rift runtimes it will not work.

PS, I've been flying w/ the sensor off, and dont notice any sickness w/ 3DOF Tracking, it also reduces some of the jumpiness when recording.

So that's something for users that want to use other headsets that dont have position tracking,

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Any confirmation that ASW only functions on win8+ and not of Win7?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Yes it's confirmed in Oculus new minimum specs. I could not get ASW to work on Windows 7. Upgraded to Win 10 and it works great. I can push PD to 1.5 (was at 1.2) in DCS 2.0 now. Sweet

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

WOW, i have just tried this and its a game changer :)

i have managed to increase my settings and get next to no judder. even when buzzing the strip in NTTR.

This is what VR should be like :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I think I mentioned this a while back but... Outside of the Oculus changes it still feels like ED has been doing stuff in the background. I swear I had not changed any of my settings a while back and I got on after a couple of ED updates and it just looked.... better. So whether it's all in my head or something was really done, who cares I guess. :) Keep it up ED. :)

Granted I bumped up to a 1080 but I'm running 1.5 at pd 2.0 and almost everything on high and it's smooth as silk. Also, did they make the sprites smaller on model enlargement large? I feel like they are now, but with the current state of the game I pretty much don't even need labels at all anymore. Just a quick zoom and I can spot almost everything on the ground and in the air.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I mentioned this a while back but... Outside of the Oculus changes it still feels like ED has been doing stuff in the background. I swear I had not changed any of my settings a while back and I got on after a couple of ED updates and it just looked.... better. So whether it's all in my head or something was really done, who cares I guess. :) Keep it up ED. :)

Granted I bumped up to a 1080 but I'm running 1.5 at pd 2.0 and almost everything on high and it's smooth as silk. Also, did they make the sprites smaller on model enlargement large? I feel like they are now, but with the current state of the game I pretty much don't even need labels at all anymore. Just a quick zoom and I can spot almost everything on the ground and in the air.

Can you print screen your settings buddy, i would love to see what settings your using ;)

Can you print screen your settings buddy, i would love to see what settings your using ;)

Textures: High, Terrain Textures: High, Civ Traffic: Off, Water: Medium, Visib Range: High, Heat Blur: Off, Shadows: Medium, Res. of Cockpit Displays: 256, MSAA: Off, HDR: On, Depth of Field: Off, Lens Effects: None

Clutter: 1000

Trees Visibility: 10000

Preload Radius: 140677

Anisotropic Filtering: 4x

Flat Terrain Shadows: On...

Pixel Density-2.0

Did I exaggerate? I honestly don't know much about this stuff. I just put it on what looks good without stutters. :unsure:

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Textures: High, Terrain Textures: High, Civ Traffic: Off, Water: Medium, Visib Range: High, Heat Blur: Off, Shadows: Medium, Res. of Cockpit Displays: 256, MSAA: Off, HDR: On, Depth of Field: Off, Lens Effects: None

Clutter: 1000

Trees Visibility: 10000

Preload Radius: 140677

Anisotropic Filtering: 4x

Flat Terrain Shadows: On...

Pixel Density-2.0

Did I exaggerate? I honestly don't know much about this stuff. I just put it on what looks good without stutters. :unsure:

Not at all.. thank you for the info, they look like good settings ;) i have similar settings to yours except your pixel is higher. I may have a go at increasing mine..

Thank you again :)

Guys I wonder if you can advise. I have just reinstalled windows and finally got my USB3 card running with the correct drivers. I have a GTX970 and an i7 920 with 12Gb Ram. will I need anything else to run the rift on my machine?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys I wonder if you can advise. I have just reinstalled windows and finally got my USB3 card running with the correct drivers. I have a GTX970 and an i7 920 with 12Gb Ram. will I need anything else to run the rift on my machine?

Hi, can i ask have you checked to see if you PC is ready for VR?

The memory if fine

The GPU will run the Rift on low settings.

My only question is the CPU. the min recommendation is a Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater

i dont know your card all that well, so i would recommend running the test below.

here is the link

https://support.oculus.com/1633938460220125/

• Like 1

The new Async Space warp helps a great deal. That test is probably not accounting for that.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

You'd likely benefit from the ASW, and to use that you need Win 8+.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

How do you switch this on? I've just started playing DCS again and have no idea what this is or how to turn it on?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/56af3t/detailed_stepbystep_guide_to_enabling_asw_through/d8hodir

It really does give a massive boost in performance. Once you don't get greedy with your settings afterwards and ensure you stay over the 45fps threshold (use RCtrl Pause to check) it really looks just as good as full 90fps to me. Drop below 45fps and things get very ugly and sickening very quickly. I'm now running shadows which I could never do before.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051