Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

No, stock. I'm using mostly HIGH settings, and reduced a few settings. I'll try to post a pic later of my config setup.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

But that's the point metzger. With flat shadows, and preset setting of HIGH, and ASW, it works like a charm! Will post my settings this evening

EDIT: Added my setup

BhyUqVO.jpg

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I'm having trouble understanding how GTX 970 users can maintain 45 fps w/1.7x pixel density when I can barely stay above 45 fps w/a GTX 1070 at 1.5x pixel density. When flying on the VA server with other aircraft or in dense areas, I am getting 22 fps with ASW enabled and 30 fps with ASW disabled.

I understand that CPU and RAM can affect DCS world performance, but I have all of my settings on some of the lowest possible selections (no shadows, no MSAA, etc), and still am having issues. What gives? Is there anything I can investigate? Or is RAM and CPU holding me back from the 45+ range?

Specs: i5 4590 @ 3.3 ghz, 8gb 1600mhz DDR3 RAM, 240 gb SSD, GTX 1070 overclocked.

PC benchmark says all components perform at/above expectations.

Edited by KCballin

@KCBallin,

I would guess that unless you overclock your CPU (you said "Specs: i5 4590 @ 3.3 ghz"), you will have slower FPS. Most of us are running at 4.2 or higher and that might provide another 10+ fps.

Also, make sure you are running with "prefer maximum performance" on your Nvidia settings for Power Management mode

Edited by whitav8

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

But that's the point metzger. With flat shadows, and preset setting of HIGH, and ASW, it works like a charm! Will post my settings this evening

EDIT: Added my setup

BhyUqVO.jpg

Good morning,

any information on the pixel density setting? i run the 6700k at 4500mhz with a 1070GTX and cannot maintain 45 fps , espacially in a combat situation. my system maintains 45 fps from takeoff to a certain poont where it suddenly drops to 22 FPS. appears quite strange to me, any thoughts?

Win 10 Pro 64 - i6700K @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1080ti Gaming X OC - 32 GB DDR4 Fury X - 1x 512GB 960 Pro SSD - 1x 512GB 850 Pro SSD - TM Cougar - TM Warthog - MHG Crosswind - Rift CV1 - Track IR 5

Wowski!

Normally I always fly A/G missions, but yesterday I went online with Twon1987 (the poor guy is still using a POV hat to look around!) flying the F-15C. First a simple self-made practise mission, finding and then shooting down transports and Bears, then onto the BASIS server for some proper dogfighting stuff - though in the end it was just a Tu-160 we came across.

However, although the A/G VR experience is great - this was something else. I still struggled, due to lack of knowledge of A/A systems and not having them assigned to HOTAS, but on all occasions except one I spotted the enemy aircraft visually and it was just so immersive and great fun.

If you are having doubt about getting a Rift (or Vive, I suppose) - VR is a massive game changer and the fun just never stops :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Good morning,

any information on the pixel density setting? i run the 6700k at 4500mhz with a 1070GTX and cannot maintain 45 fps , espacially in a combat situation. my system maintains 45 fps from takeoff to a certain poont where it suddenly drops to 22 FPS. appears quite strange to me, any thoughts?

Well, combat situation with AI may be a different story. I chose the Vegas tour instant mission because I can take (almost) exactly the same route to see what the difference was. I think I left the pixel density at 1.5 (I can double check this weekend).

Also, my extra VRAM and memory BW could be coming into factor here. Can you maintain 45FPS in the Vegas mission with A10?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Ah well, the pixel density explains it to me rather than the VRAM Bandwith or System RAM . I run it always in 2.0 pd. To fly around in Vegas an maintain 45fps using ASW is no factor at all. I recently took your settings, overclocked my 1070 to 1925MHz Boost and can now maintain 45fps during the first two missions of Piercing Fury. Just some short term drops to 22fps (5sec) in moments of R/T displayed on screen and only in certain directions of view. Quiet odd nevertheless.

But I´m happy so far, Rift finally looks good and is absolutly playable, even after the last weeks of crisp 4k flying on the flat screen ;) .

The immersion is unbeatable and the hog now finally feels like a real plane :)

Thanks so far und best regards

Well, combat situation with AI may be a different story. I chose the Vegas tour instant mission because I can take (almost) exactly the same route to see what the difference was. I think I left the pixel density at 1.5 (I can double check this weekend).

Also, my extra VRAM and memory BW could be coming into factor here. Can you maintain 45FPS in the Vegas mission with A10?

Edited by morek99

Win 10 Pro 64 - i6700K @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1080ti Gaming X OC - 32 GB DDR4 Fury X - 1x 512GB 960 Pro SSD - 1x 512GB 850 Pro SSD - TM Cougar - TM Warthog - MHG Crosswind - Rift CV1 - Track IR 5

I think Pixel Density 1.5 is ok. Above 1.5 performance drops significantly and the increase in perceived resolution is not as high. When Asyncronous Space Warp is enabled you can put it higher. But when you have an intense scenario with many aircraft, units and stuff I would sacrifice some of the pixel density for some higher fps.

Quote Vedexent: The technical term for an over ambitious ground attack pilot is "dead".

Quote SiThSpAwN: I figure 1.5 will have to buy some roses and chocolates, take 2.0 to a nice restaurant, and if it opens doors and is a gentleman, 1.5 and 2.0 might just get to merge one day.

I really hope to get some help here. I got a i5-4690K at 4.4Ghz, 16Gb Mem DDR3-1866, EVGA 1080 OC. My FPS is locked at 44.9 no matter what I do. If I change VR SS to 2.0 or 0.5, If I leave the settings in VR or low, the maximum in game I get is 44.9 FPS. On the menu when starts I get 180+ but as soon as the game starts its capped at 44.9. I used both the video card to display FPS as well as Oculus Debug tool.

This is driving me crazy... I upgraded from 970 and an i5-4460 just because of this game. Any help would be much appreciated.

I really hope to get some help here. I got a i5-4690K at 4.4Ghz, 16Gb Mem DDR3-1866, EVGA 1080 OC. My FPS is locked at 44.9 no matter what I do. If I change VR SS to 2.0 or 0.5, If I leave the settings in VR or low, the maximum in game I get is 44.9 FPS. On the menu when starts I get 180+ but as soon as the game starts its capped at 44.9. I used both the video card to display FPS as well as Oculus Debug tool.

This is driving me crazy... I upgraded from 970 and an i5-4460 just because of this game. Any help would be much appreciated.

hi are are you using ASW and is your VSync off

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Use rightctrl pause/break to see the in rift fps. If you have ASW enabled press ctrl numpad1 to disable it (it locks frames to 45 when on).

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

home program crashed when connecting dk2

since a couple of days the oculus home program crashes when plugging in the usb cable. Never had this before ...worked fine always....

any ideas why ?

regards Ian

Ka-50 Black Shark 2

Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight

SA342 Gazelle

L-39 Albatros

Combined arms

F15C

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

My Oculus... Every time Oculus home starts I get a message that it can't find my sensor, but it does find my sensor and everything works... funky.

So I flew 2.0 last night for the first time in forever.... Does anyone else think it looks "worse" than 1.5 currently? All my settings appeared to be the same as 1.5 but everything just seemed to be at a lower resolution than 1.5. Cockpit markings in the Mirage (English cockpit mod) I can read on 1.5 were not legible in 2.0, and the outside world seemed just less clear too... I would say it's just in my head but my virtual squadron mate who uses the Rift felt the same way....

Lastly, does anyone know how the hell to turn off the tooltips in the Mirage on 2.0? We both had the box unchecked but both had the stinking tooltips. Known bug I've missed?

Sage

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

My Oculus... Every time Oculus home starts I get a message that it can't find my sensor, but it does find my sensor and everything works... funky.

So I flew 2.0 last night for the first time in forever.... Does anyone else think it looks "worse" than 1.5 currently? All my settings appeared to be the same as 1.5 but everything just seemed to be at a lower resolution than 1.5. Cockpit markings in the Mirage (English cockpit mod) I can read on 1.5 were not legible in 2.0, and the outside world seemed just less clear too... I would say it's just in my head but my virtual squadron mate who uses the Rift felt the same way....

Lastly, does anyone know how the hell to turn off the tooltips in the Mirage on 2.0? We both had the box unchecked but both had the stinking tooltips. Known bug I've missed?

Sage

Tool tips need to turned off in mission and options i think.

As for clarity, double check pixel density settings.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Okay I was using someone else's Mission maybe they had to tips on when they created it I'll double-check thanks. PD was set at 2.0 the same as I have it in 1.5. It's very possible it was just in our head about the outside stuff and maybe the English cockpit mod textures don't like 2.0 as much as they do 1.5 I don't know

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

heating problem.

recently my rift has become rather hot when using. the heat emulates from the top and the lenses area, resulting in a really uncomfortable heat sensation on my eyes.

I created a ticket and provide various logs and info... the result is they have shipped out a new headset for me. obviously i will have to send the existing one back but i thought I would share this issue.

if your rift starts to exume more heat then normal they will replace it straight away as others have had the same issue as me.

best customer service ever ;)

Thank you oculus

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Hi guys, i have a question for you. I picked up DCS after a few months away from home and i noticed something that i remember different. Before inside the cockpit with the rift whenever i moved backwards and forwards i would get closer and farther away from any given object within the cockpit, now if i move everything moves with me so it reamins at the same scale. The same happens when i try to move left or right to see gauges that are otherwise difficult to see like some in the mirage, everything moves so i keep being centered and unable to see somethings. The same happens when i'm looking outside the cockpit, before if i was looking outside and to my right if there was a piece of the cockpit blocking my sight i would move forwards or backwards to clear my line of sight, now since everything moves with me i'm always having my sight blocked.

Any idea what might be going on, maybe i just messed up some setting? Was it always like this? Maybe i remember wrong? It happens both in 1.5.5 and 2.0.

Thanks.