Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 6

gregzagk

I am start thinking collecting these "balance" posts and post them everytime a round ends along with the charts :D

Greg

You should throw the map status with that to show how a side just plows through the map in the absence of a counter. Just while you are at it.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should throw the map status with that to show how a side just plows through the map in the absence of a counter. Just while you are at it.

Did that on the previous round. Check out for the video and stats ;)

We are working on a new concept though that will present some changes on that area.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Why are there no vehicle slots, has it been tested already with 1st person SAMs?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Get a room guys :P

You woke us up with the mail notifications coming from this thread. Thought the server had issues :D

Hmm what should I do now with this free time?

mirage2000-4.jpg

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

Get a room guys :P

You woke us up with the mail notifications coming from this thread. Thought the server had issues :D

Hmm what should I do now with this free time?

mirage2000-4.jpg

Greg

Is that the new "Me and my 8 other F-15 buddies just fired 8 AMRAAM's each at the 2 defending red jets and flew home, hurr durr!" - Meme? ^^

But in all honesty there is no need to lose sleep and get angry over the current situation and setup. If you really want to effectively critique it, just wait it out, let it be over in 24 hours and maybe enough people on the blue side get bored with killing AI only to let the concept of balance creep into Blueflag again. All this shitposting and argueing has proven to be utterly pointless anyway.

I come from a background of purely WW2 simulations and we had the same nonsense there. Back there it's everybody stroking themselves over ze almighty Luftwaffe, now it is a bunch of mostly MURICAH!-Natofanboys that fill this role. If you don't like it, don't play it. It's the only way to effectively prevent you from having an aneurysm and to prompt the other side to change things up. Or heck, even join them, the sight of 52 blue players on the server could be the best signal boost there is.

The worst thing to do is complain and rage on the forums AND then play it and thereby legitimize the setup and give them their fun on both platforms - forum and ingame. Either play and live with it with some dignity or don't play and flip them the bird. A mixture of that is always meh. ^^

wow so much moaning change them tampons ladies and just play the campaign or go and make something similar or better than how these guys do it, Btw as a request can the farps and so on be swapped about and moved is that possible in the future?

wow so much moaning change them tampons ladies and just play the campaign or go and make something similar or better than how these guys do it, Btw as a request can the farps and so on be swapped about and moved is that possible in the future?

We are in discussions for a new concept which will include also FARP changes etc. We must see the available free time first of course.

Greg

We are in discussions for a new concept which will include also FARP changes etc. We must see the available free time first of course.

Greg

Nice gives us al something else to look for as we know where they all pretty much are, Moving them will make it more interesting, Thanks greg :thumbup:

[[11:58:55 zulu 22/05/2016]]

looking at the map right now, 10blue vs 18 red......

clearly everybody is a SU-27-fanboy or ET-fanboy so they all join red :(:(:(

pls come to blue, we have spamRams

and yes....sarcasm

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

• ED Team

Guys please be mindful of the forum rules

1.2 Forum members must treat other with respect and tolerance.

if in any doubt the rules are at the top of the page.

thread cleaned

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I tried helping red defend, but the lag was so bad I couldn't hit anything. I fired 7 missiles at an f-15, all missed inside 15km... as soon as I'd fire, they'd lag out and the missile would go dumb... I tried killing a couple KA-50's attacking Min Vody... every 5 seconds a lag spike would hit... I had to make 5 passes with guns, just hoping that when i was in range they wouldn't lag out, or i'd have to go around again.... completely unplayable, in my opinion... not enjoyable, at best. I enjoy the testing phase much more!! Great concept... i wish i could be more constructive, but I have no idea what would help... maybe not a server in Greece?

Can't wait for the next testing phase... had way more fun then! :)

When Maykop SA farp was taken I was in a ZSU emplacement, the farp was captured even while I was in the unit and after the enemy took it, the new units didn't attack my (on GCI map) still red unit.

Basically I could spot on the now enemy farp... :(

I don't know if this was some DCS quirk or some error from the blueflag script, hope this helps spotting some potential bug. :)

Round five was a blast. Round six IMO as a Mig 21 pilot wasn't as enjoyable. Things Id like seen changed. L39 Recon flights should not count against lives (think helo lives in Round 5.) Gazelle and Ka50 should not count in the fixed wing lives. As much hate and discontent theyre was with the logistics last round, I felt the fuel runs really ramped up the pressure cooker especially when balancing aerodrome supply, sam drop, and troop drop. CSAR being axed killed a whole mission set making it feel flat. Some historical context would be cool in a campaign like this, aka Warsaw Pact, quantity over quality, NATO quality over quantity. Dunno how you could get that feel, but Itd be nice. Thanks for the hard work nonetheless. Greg and company, always keep in mind you've built something so unique that all those involved get very passionate about. Regardless of the critisim you might receive from me or my red comrades this round, you've done an amazing job no other server has come close in DCS.

And yes I know the round is still finishing, I'm just done.

Edited by viperdogsnake

on

I do not know what all the fuss is about? If red can get organized then they can make a come back. We're not even 72 hours into the match that lasts two weeks!! Have faith red players this round is still going to be intense!

If you want to know what "all the fuss is about", you should stop increasing your amraam epeen and tryout red side.

If you want to know what "all the fuss is about", you should stop increasing your amraam epeen and tryout red side.

I am a helo pilot during blueflag. I pretty much fly nothing but helos you can ask anyone here that flies with me. And you should try getting scared half to death when a ET pops up and hits you in the face out of nowhere. :lol:

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Round 5 which finally as you say was the best, had the most negative posts in its thread.

Reds again were desperate from the beginning but we kept saying that everything is possible.

The posts are out there. Don't forget so quickly.

About lag was there issues the last hours? Cause it was running smooth since start and until we left yesterday.

Greg