VR wishlist

Shabi

Create 2 options.lua's and make a batch file for Screen and one for VR.

I doubt you see anything in regards to UserPresets anytime soon.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'd like to see an option to turn on and off the mouse pointer hint boxes and the ability to bind that on/off function to a button or key.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I am trying the batch file route, but I keep getting error messages. I have checked the paths over and over and I cant see the problem. Here is my bat file:

copy C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Source\options-VR.lua C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\options.lua

start C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS.exe

When I run the .bat file, under the first line it says the system cannot find the file specified, and under the "start" line it says Windows cannot find C:\Program

I think its some kind of file syntax problem but I have looked at it 20 times and even double checked capitalization and tried removing the spaces.....anybody know whats wrong here?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I am trying the batch file route, but I keep getting error messages. I have checked the paths over and over and I cant see the problem. Here is my bat file:

copy C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Source\options-VR.lua C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\options.lua

start C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS.exe

When I run the .bat file, under the first line it says the system cannot find the file specified, and under the "start" line it says Windows cannot find C:\Program

I think its some kind of file syntax problem but I have looked at it 20 times and even double checked capitalization and tried removing the spaces.....anybody know whats wrong here?

You have to enclose the file paths in dubbel quotes.

Also, remove the start in the second command line (at least on Windows 10).

It should look like this:

copy "C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Source\options-VR.lua" "C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\options.lua"
"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS.exe"

• Like 1

You have to enclose the file paths in dubbel quotes.

Also, remove the start in the second command line (at least on Windows 10).

It should look like this:

copy "C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Source\options-VR.lua" "C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\options.lua"
"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS.exe"

That did it, thanks!! It has been a very very long time since I messed with a batch file....MS-DOS days.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

That did it, thanks!! It has been a very very long time since I messed with a batch file....MS-DOS days.....

Alex Posted Shortcut Arguments Above, Just Create 2 Shortcuts and add the arguments, no need to do anything else.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

already here

dcs.exe --force_enable_VR

dcs.exe --force_disable_VR

Is it in the release version?

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Loading screen geometry/objects/colour

When loading a map, particularly a large online one DCS will show a blank grey screen with a floating mail/letter icon on the left. Is it possible to darken the background colour of this screen and put some more geometry on it? Even just a grid to represent a ground plane would help.

Two reasons:

- The bright, bland, uniform colour introduces eye strain.

- The little letter icon reduces VR sickness because it tells you where your head is pointing. Could we have more than a letter icon to help with this, ie a ground plane or low poly hangar?

It would be a small change and one that helps reduce the incremental fatigue that builds up when using VR.

edit: Even a bunch of letter icons would help!

Edited by Shabi
more letters

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

I would prefer it if the Rift only became active when you jump into the mission. Flight/Mission planning and briefing are much better undertaken on a sharp hi-red 2d screen. Once you click Fly, the Rift then comes into it's own. Once you exit the cockpit, back to 2D for the debrief and prep for the next mission.

• Like 1

I would much rather have the mouse cursor locked to cockpit coordinates than to my head tracking. It's fine locked to head tracking for most things but anything that's pretty low in the cockpit and/or hard to directly point the HMD at is difficult to stay still enough to reliably hit the cockpit switch/button.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I would prefer it if the Rift only became active when you jump into the mission. Flight/Mission planning and briefing are much better undertaken on a sharp hi-red 2d screen. Once you click Fly, the Rift then comes into it's own. Once you exit the cockpit, back to 2D for the debrief and prep for the next mission.

+1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It would be a good way to do it.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

The mouse-over pop-up labels in the cockpit are very large. The text box size should be shrunk to fit the actual text, just like in the normal 2D version.

Excessively large. They are indeed very annoying and distracting, so I can't believe they're working as intended.

I've made a feature request to ED for this. I hope they do it as would also like to stay in 2D on menu and mission editor and have VR kick in only when mission is loading/starting.

No longer active in DCS...

The mouse-over pop-up labels in the cockpit are very large. The text box size should be shrunk to fit the actual text, just like in the normal 2D version.

Its already reported. Bug #35030

No longer active in DCS...

I vaguely recall there is a way to reduce the amount of time the tooltip hangs around for, as its quite long at the moment. Am I dreaming or does such a setting exist? It would alleviate this for the time being...

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

• 1 month later...

VR zoom (oculus)

Playing DCS last night I realized that the zoom feature was making me sick. Forced slewing of a camera, whether it's the transform or FOV will do that.

Would we be able to get an option where it instead pops up a new framebuffer in a hovering window parented to the head? That way you could quickly snap it on and off without the slew and sickness.

VR Comms

I know this has been raised in another thread but I've not seen it here.

Is it possible to bind the warthog throttle comms button to the radio menu? I have it so it can bring up the menu and then select the alternative menu but from there you have to select F1, F2 etc to do anything meaningful. Surely it can't be too hard to have a comms menu where you can select up and down the list then select what you need with a press of a button without referring to the keyboard.

Am I making sense?

Is this something that is possible or being worked on? Would make life in VR (and non VR) a great deal better.

Edited by X93355

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I know this has been raised in another thread but I've not seen it here.

Is it possible to bind the warthog throttle comms button to the radio menu? I have it so it can bring up the menu and then select the alternative menu but from there you have to select F1, F2 etc to do anything meaningful. Surely it can't be too hard to have a comms menu where you can select up and down the list then select what you need with a press of a button without referring to the keyboard.

Am I making sense?

Is this something that is possible or being worked on? Would make life in VR (and non VR) a great deal better.

This, it's the only thing I need to look "outside" for, once this gets sorted I'm never coming out........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use a one handed game keyboard pad thing to get around that, with f1 to f12 and backslash bound to it. This also doubles as a handy view switching thing too. But yes a more interactive interface would have it's place.

Today, internally, we implemented the ability to cursor select Radio Menu items.

Thanks

this will be a huge step forward!!:thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2