Connection Timeout

This isn't really a thread to figure out my specific problem but to see how many others are experiencing this. I only fly the Blue Flag Campaign when its running. I'm seeing a lot of people losing their connection to the server because of a connection timeout, including myself. Are any of you experiencing this in other servers or in general? This is new for me and I haven't changed anything on my end.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I'm also having this problem. And it's constantly.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Curious, are there helicopters and cargo in the missions? On the VA, we have found and had confirmed a bug where if the helicopter crashes before picking up its assigned cargo, the server will dump almost all(if not all) clients on the server.

I can't play multiplayer since the last update because of this:

LOUV9pn.jpg

Does ED is aware of that?

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am experiencing the same issue.

Have anyone found a fix for this issue?

I have recently updated to Windows10, and gotten a new ISP, including a new router.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

It is surely a bug, happens on various machines in various conditions - right after updating how client acts online. If you're concerned about why nobody answered to this from the ED team:

Post some logs, they aren't wizards, they need data to work with.

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.

Same here since 1.5.4

As far as I understand a client log is more or less useless, they need a server log (found that information in another post)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Ok, now I have been doing some testing, and have also attached the logs, both from my client, and from the server.

Today, I was able to fly a full mission, when I was on a random multiplayer server. Took off, completed some attacks and landed again.

Later when I tried on the 132nd server, I kept getting the same crashes, with the connection interrupted. Tried various things, disabled any mods, did a DCS repair, deleted our skins, saved the DCS saved games folder.

In the end, I tried with a friend from my squadron and created just a simple mission, with a few units, and then I was able to complete the mission again.

However, I am the only one in our virtual wing that experience the issue, so I find it hard to belive that it is the mission file that is the problem.

If anyone could look at the log files and make any sense of what the problem is, it would be very helpful.

I could not upload all the log files, so I have them in the links below:

Client:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tvy3tsjg6vuf8tp/AAA2Mv4rEBmLkEOtYOGaN16Sa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nu6ax7o8hy81vi6/AACqDnr0kcIY0lVC5ezKdKP4a?dl=0

Server:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9veanhin5qs547h/AAApXEPwtXgI_jW8iLcjU07ta?dl=0

(Also, the the dates I have been trying and had these issues are the 26th of July and the 24th of July, in case there are many dates in the logfiles)

Edited by NECK

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Connection timeout

Hello.

I am experiencing some problems with my gaming rig while flying the DCS A-10C.

Almost everytime I play in MP on our dedicated server I get a connection timed out. Server Ping timeout.

During the last days I have been trying to isolate the issue and figure out what the issue is.

I suspect it is connected to my gaming rig, as I have done a test today where I ran the mission on my old laptop, and there I did not have any such disconnects. While doing it on my gaming rig, it causes me to get the disconnect almost everytime.

Some times it can happen fairly late in a mission (30-60 minutes), but normally it occurs within the first 10 minutes, during startup.

I have tried with a fresh DCS install, repared DCS, deleted saved games, disabled any mods, but the results appear to be the same in any case.

Here is the information from yesterdays testing:

Ok, now I have been doing some testing, and have also attached the logs, both from my client, and from the server.

Today, I was able to fly a full mission, when I was on a random multiplayer server. Took off, completed some attacks and landed again.

Later when I tried on the 132nd server, I kept getting the same crashes, with the connection interrupted. Tried various things, disabled any mods, did a DCS repair, deleted our skins, saved the DCS saved games folder.

In the end, I tried with a friend from my squadron and created just a simple mission, with a few units, and then I was able to complete the mission again.

However, I am the only one in our virtual wing that experience the issue, so I find it hard to belive that it is the mission file that is the problem.

If anyone could look at the log files and make any sense of what the problem is, it would be very helpful.

I could not upload all the log files, so I have them in the links below:

Client:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tvy3tsjg6vuf8tp/AAA2Mv4rEBmLkEOtYOGaN16Sa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nu6ax7o8hy81vi6/AACqDnr0kcIY0lVC5ezKdKP4a?dl=0

Server:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9veanhin5qs547h/AAApXEPwtXgI_jW8iLcjU07ta?dl=0

(Also, the the dates I have been trying and had these issues are the 26th of July and the 24th of July, in case there are many dates in the logfiles)

Attached are the log files from both my laptop and my gamingrig from today.

Does anyone know what the issue can be?

NECK - Client logs gaming rig 27 july.zip

NECK - Client logs laptop 27 july.zip

Neck.png

And I forgot to add information about my system specs:

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Memory: 16 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 660Ti - Driver 368.81

Screen resolution 1920x1080, 60Hz , only running on a single monitor

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Trend Micro Internet Security

Neck.png

Curious, are there helicopters and cargo in the missions? On the VA, we have found and had confirmed a bug where if the helicopter crashes before picking up its assigned cargo, the server will dump almost all(if not all) clients on the server.

Just tried picking up a dynamicly spawned trooper, that caused the server to go in slow motion then everyone got disconnected. Kinda buggy.

Edited by Coug4r

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

same problem, client log attached (converted to .txt for valid attaching).

p.s. lots of "this is a bug, you will be punished" going on in there

CPU: Intel i7-4790k, 4.0 GHz, Haswell

GPU: Zotac GTX-970, 4 GB VRAM (non-amped)

RAM: Patriot Viper 3, 8 GB, DDR3

MB: MSI Z97S Krait

HDD: unknown company, 1 TB storage space, unknown read/write speed

dcs.txt

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.