VSN flyable aircraft mods

not quite right (unless something changed recently) if you host a Server with mods enabled on it anyone can join, but if a player joins without a particular mod they will either not see it or will see whatever aircraft the mod is running from, example the F-14 / F-18 will show up as an Su-33 (or F-15) to other players without the mod,

As a player with mods active you can only join a server that has full integrity check disabled, or has integrity with exactly the same mods running as the player joining,

again other players will only see your mods if they are enabled and selectable as client on the server mission and if the other players are running the same mod as you

They have changed that since some time.

If you do not have the mods that the server has, you cannot join that server.

Example: If the server has the WWII assets pack and you don't, you cannot join the server.

If someone has the VSN mods in and you don't, you cannot join the server.

Ahh!! haven't tried to host a modded server in a year or two, that kinda sucks. I suppose everything is subject to change :D as the old saying goes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Question on using the mods, if I want the F/A-18C Mod with F-15C cockpit, A-10A A2G avionics (I presume it would then look like the F-15E cockpit with the A-10A TV display in the SMS display) and SU-33 PFM, how do I get there?

I am relatively new to DCS and don't know if/how the various .cmd and/or LUA files are used/edited. I do have a lot of FSX .cfg editing experience so I am sure with some help I can figure it out.

As it stands the SU-33 cockpit AG version does not function well for me - no waypoint info on the TV display when camera not selected, cockpit lights make the gages opaque and unreadable, no AOA indexer, no folding wings when on the boat (maybe because boat is moving??), no ability to select single weapon fire (it pickles all selected stations).

Edited to add, is there a way to get the drooping aileron and slat animations to work using the SU-33 PFM? Also, is there a lockout on the folding wing function based on movement - it works for me on shore but not on the boat where I actually need it.

adding - my DCS base install (including FC3) is on an SSD (F drive in my rig) but the saved games folder is on C drive - could that cause some of the issues?

Help is appreciated, I am digging the Hornet Mod until the DCS/BST Hornet is released.

Thanks in advance.

'Gimp

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Do you guys plan to make the F-14 radar too? (just general range detection, not 100% realistic) cause F-15C radar is too weak... :P

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I don't know how to do it, I don't know the function calls for the radars (in and output to DCS.exe)... Is there a documentation on it?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

the Community A4 mod has it's own radar and no SDK, would be a lot of work though to create, but not un-achievable

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

So I uninstalled and reinstealled the F/A-18C with the SU-33 PFM and A-10A avionics and overall the sim is behaving better except the plane explodes on touch down landing on the Carl Vinson.

My technique isn't all that great but that never happened with the earlier installation on the Bush.

Is this an issue with the Vinson, the plane or did I suddenly get awful at landing?

Thanks

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

You should be now able to land on the carrier with the F-15 AFM

But thanks for pointing out. I need to adjust the first post.

I've tested the F-14A right now on the Vinson and it worked fine, maybe you have an older version of the mod?

Which version are you using? AFM can not land on carriers yet.
DCS is 2.5 OB, and I am using the F/A-18C Mod with SU-33 PFM with either the A-10A or F-15C avionics set - I did find a post about a .LUA change for the explode on carrier landing and will test it out shortly.

With the F-15C AFM I could make traps but could not get the wings to fold which is part of the immersion for me after making a trap, hook, flaps and fold and make way to six pack or back to catapult.

We'll see if the .LUA change fixes it.

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS is 2.5 OB, and I am using the F/A-18C Mod with SU-33 PFM with either the A-10A or F-15C avionics set - I did find a post about a .LUA change for the explode on carrier landing and will test it out shortly.

With the F-15C AFM I could make traps but could not get the wings to fold which is part of the immersion for me after making a trap, hook, flaps and fold and make way to six pack or back to catapult.

We'll see if the .LUA change fixes it.

'Gimp

I'll try the F-14 with Su-33 avionics in a bit and report back to you.

Edited by razo+r

An AFM should make no difference whether or not you can fold the wings. Is the option present in your controls?
Yes it was but they would not fold on the boat all and only occasionally when on shore, tried the key command, also bound it to a HOTAS button, but no joy.

The new install with the SU-33 PFM works fine for almost everything although carrier takeoffs are weak, even using the intake screen open, wheelbrake hold and special afterburner key commands - frankly not sure any of them are functioning correctly since it starts moving once the normal A/B kicks in.

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes it was but they would not fold on the boat all and only occasionally when on shore, tried the key command, also bound it to a HOTAS button, but no joy.

The new install with the SU-33 PFM works fine for almost everything although carrier takeoffs are weak, even using the intake screen open, wheelbrake hold and special afterburner key commands - frankly not sure any of them are functioning correctly since it starts moving once the normal A/B kicks in.

'Gimp

I have just tried the F-18C with Su-33 PFM on the Carl Vinson. I was able to land, allthough my gear collapsed. The wings were also foldable.

I've also tried the F-18C with the F-15 AFM and both the landing and the wing folding was working.

Edited by razo+r

Verified explode on landing issue curently on Carl Vinson and the Bush. with SU-33 PFM and F-15C AFM - also, meatball and ramp lineup lights basically function on the Vinson but function correctly (flashing based on offset) for the Bush - LSO Plat cam works on the Vinson but not on the Bush....

About to try the .LUA change and see if better.

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Verified explode on landing issue curently on Carl Vinson and the Bush. with SU-33 PFM and F-15C AFM - also, meatball and ramp lineup lights basically function on the Vinson but function correctly (flashing based on offset) for the Bush - LSO Plat cam works on the Vinson but not on the Bush....

About to try the .LUA change and see if better.

'Gimp

So the LUA file post I remembered appears to have been related to a different model, and am still getting the explode on touchdown issue on both CVN's when using the SU-33 PFM, although now the F-15C AFM appears to be OK. I'm going to test some more later today because I want to get back to flying the -18 in the carrier pattern although I suspect we have 3 months to go for Early Access and I can use that time to get comfy with the Harrier instead (lots of fun, great little beast).

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For Plat CAm

replace:

GT.LSOPosition = {88.0, 28.0, 31.0, 0.0, 0.0} 
--GT.LSOPosition = {81.236, 24.0, 28.497, 10.0, 0.0}
--GT.LSOPosition = {3.0, 33.0, -25.0, 0.0, 0.0}  --PRI_FLY 
--GT.LSOPosition = {4.0, 17.0, 16.75, 8.8, 3.5} --PLAT_CAMERA 3.5
--GT.LSOPosition = {84.0, 19.4, 19.0, 110.0, 0.0} --LSO_PLATFORM

With

--GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {-14.0, 19.7, -16.0, -171.0, 4.0}}} --Standard Vinson
--GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {88.0, 28.0, 31.0, 0.0, 0.0}}} 
GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {81.236, 24.0, 28.497, 10.0, 0.0}}}
--GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {3.0, 33.0, -25.0, 0.0, 0.0}}}  --PRI_FLY 
--GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {4.0, 17.0, 16.75, 8.8, 3.5}}} --PLAT_CAMERA 3.5
--GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {84.0, 19.4, 19.0, 110.0, 0.0}}} --LSO_PLATFORM

in the Bush.lua

i have not found the right spot but the cam works ;)

if anyon has the right spot, pls share

No unfortunately, from what I tell the spawn points are hard coded on the model to only the 4 cat positions

both BushRunwaysAndRoutes.lua & nimitzRunwaysAndRoutes.lua (for the carl vinson) show the ships as having 13 parking slots each

you can activate them by changing the following in the bush.lua

line 39 - GT.numParking = 4;

change the 4 to 13, and you can chose 1 to 13 Parking slots in the ME,

however if you chose Parking 5 to 8 you'll spawn in at cat 1 and the aircraft then instantly rotate ~120 degrees starboard facing aft, parking 9 to 13 will crash out DCS to desktop on the mission load screen

any change to either of the corresponding nimitz lua's will prevent DCS from loading at all

also tried changing the co-ordinates for parking 1 in the BushRunwaysAndRoutes.lua and get the same spawn & spin at cat 1 result

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can have a lua wizard look at this if you guys want.

Patrick and Eric Custa may be able to sort this out.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."