Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Sure thing, I hope I did it right :D

Trace route to Blix with VPN

%5B/img%5D

At least now i see that the VPN reaches us directly in Amsterdam. Ofcource i dont know the route to the VPN server, so i cant be completely sure, but it looks to me that the reason you get higher latency over non vpn is because it goes up to London and back again. I will try to see if i can establish peering with your ISP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At least now i see that the VPN reaches us directly in Amsterdam. Ofcource i dont know the route to the VPN server, so i cant be completely sure, but it looks to me that the reason you get higher latency over non vpn is because it goes up to London and back again. I will try to see if i can establish peering with your ISP.

Thank you Cisco for your help, its greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

In order for this to work well, they could/should consider implementing this in such a way that it becomes built-in VOIP, as in 'works out of the box'.

This means that ciribob could supply a library and they could link against it. If it was LGPLv3 that would be fine, if it is GPLv3 it isn't.

As for distributing the application together with the game:

Then they have to support it, provide documentation etc. (And yes, even if they send people asking for help in ciribob's direction, they'll still have to field those).

Further there are competing applications and IMHO there is no reason for ED to choose one over the other.

Err.. How? Even if they integrate it into the game GPLv3 one requires you to give the source of the module, not the entire exe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If ED ever wanted (which I doubt, they can licence teamspeak or use mumble) I'd happily change the licence assuming the other contributors agreed and then ED could have the source for free to do what they want with.

I'd stress it's pretty unlikely and theyd need to bring the UI in game and integrate the controls in so it would just be easier to make their own or licence a VoIP system.

They'll also do a better job then a single part time programmer in his spare time :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The fact that the #1 biggest combat flight sim doesn't have any sort of built in VOIP is embarrassing tbh.

Let's not exaggerate the biggest MMORPG didn't had one for most of its history.

I hope ED doesn't wait that much though to move in this direction. The ability not only to use VOIP build in the game but to use one so greatly matched with the content of the game like Ciribob's Simple Radio is an unique experience.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Now I managed my first splash online and then my DCS crashed. What a pity. Is there anywhere I can check if I really got one?

Use your replay track in DCS, play it or you can fast forward to 2x (more than 2 would risk to broken your track in play). After that you can see it in tacview.

Good luck

Do I have to call for Datalink and the Su-33 for some leverage here? seems no one wants to fly on red team. Data link also works with EWR for what i heard. so no AWACS are required. The flight model on the SU-33 is not very different than flying the MIG-29. Having the radar that works and some extra hard points would help out.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do I have to call for Datalink and the Su-33 for some leverage here? seems no one wants to fly on red team. Data link also works with EWR for what i heard. so no AWACS are required. The flight model on the SU-33 is not very different than flying the MIG-29. Having the radar that works and some extra hard points would help out.

Sorry no datalink for the Red side. We only have human GCI to direct us (only if there's one willing to be GCI).

Yep, it could be anything but probably because alot of disadvantageous for the red side from weak and POS missile (R27R misses alot ) to not really balanced strike platform (KA-50 vs A-10C). Add to that Blue has Gazelle which Red doesn't. These days I saw alot of red players mostly fly M2000 (shrug).

Please don't take it as a complaint, it just merely my opinions and that could be wrong.

Personally I don't really care about which side I choose because I just want to have some fun

edit : there's no Su-33 in BF, only 27

Edited by Oceandar

Sorry no datalink for the Red side. We only have human GCI to direct us (only if there's one willing to be GCI).

Yep, it could be anything but probably because alot of disadvantageous for the red side from weak and POS missile (R27R misses alot ) to not really balanced strike platform (KA-50 vs A-10C). Add to that Blue has Gazelle which Red doesn't. These days I saw alot of red players mostly fly M2000 (shrug).

Please don't take it as a complaint, it just merely my opinions and that could be wrong.

Personally I don't really care about which side I choose because I just want to have some fun

edit : there's no Su-33 in BF, only 27

Thank you for the reminder Oceandar, I not only know that, but I also understand the extent of my petition.

Its because there is none of the above mentioned...I'm asking for our native capabilities to be present in the absence of players to support our operations. 3 vs 1 average ratio 24/7 gets a bit frustrating,

Give us our options, I'm just saying.

VBvWRtK.gif

Edited by M460

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for the reminder Oceandar, I not only know that, but I also understand the extent of my petition.

Its because there is none of the above mentioned...I'm asking for our native capabilities to be present in the absence of players to support our operations. 3 vs 1 average ratio 24/7 gets a bit frustrating,

Give us our options, I'm just saying.

VBvWRtK.gif

You do realize red took the whole map except pak 6 before Xcom reset the map a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realize red took the whole map except pak 6 before Xcom reset the map a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know who you're trying to fool there...but. Your red team taking over the map was... RVE crew testing for RED until PAK 6 wall hit a nerve...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont know who you're trying to fool there...but. Your red team taking over the map was... RVE crew testing for RED until PAK 6 wall hit a nerve...

You are forgetting it is not RVE's fault that one team sways to blue or red, it comes down to more people own the a-10 then the ka-50 and the f-15 over the su-27. Also the tendency of people naturally choosing blue over red because blue is viewed as the good guys. To really help out the numbers on both sides put the attack aircraft on both teams and just leave the fighters east vs west.

You are forgetting it is not RVE's fault that one team sways to blue or red, it comes down to more people own the a-10 then the ka-50 and the f-15 over the su-27. Also the tendency of people naturally choosing blue over red because blue is viewed as the good guys. To really help out the numbers on both sides put the attack aircraft on both teams and just leave the fighters east vs west.

I'm not blaming RVE for anything here... I was just reminding Duffy who played for red team on the event he speaks about.

Is it so hard to keep an honest conversation about what has been left out?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not blaming RVE for anything here... I was just reminding Duffy who played for red team on the event he speaks about.

Is it so hard to keep an honest conversation about what has been left out?

I'm glad you called that out, because I was tempted to as well.

I'm not blaming RvE for their choices, as I would rather fly with those you know, and those you can cooperate with, but the team stacking which occurs when they join a side is the reason I don't play anymore. Sucked the fun out of it for me.

Good luck round 10.

I'm glad you called that out, because I was tempted to as well.

I'm not blaming RvE for their choices, as I would rather fly with those you know, and those you can cooperate with, but the team stacking which occurs when they join a side is the reason I don't play anymore. Sucked the fun out of it for me.

Good luck round 10.

Team stacking? Are you saying its just because there are so many of us? If you are, I disagree. It seems like people follow us to the team that we choose. I have no idea why. Id rather fly against the majority. Right now there are only 4 RvE guys on and 35 blue players.