Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

With the A-10C you could remove the targeting pod and guided bombs so you'll have the same load as the A-10A but the gun on the C is too accurate compared to what red has.

It's just too easy to snipe with the A-10C 30mm and a single A-10C would be able to clear a large objective far too easily. You could balance this by add the KA-50 without Vihkr as it's gun can do the same.

Personally I'm against it as I'm enjoy the challenge of using the A-10A which is normally unloved in other servers.

Yep that is how its always been, back in the early FC days you could take out over 40 units in one sortie with an A10A, you were lucky to get into double figures with the vanilla Su25. I haven't flown the A since the FM update but if you're saying the C is even better it probably is best left out. :)

Would like to see the Viggen shoe horned in though.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Can NOT believe I missed this. Sounds like my cup of tea. Balancing looks quite symetrical, which is challenging with the modules we have.

Throwing out a bone regarding the air defences....any possibility of using the "Fortifications" more to give something easier to fight over? Static buildings and factories play a bit easier.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

A10c and ka50 are avionics wise so far away that I do not think they would fit.

Viggen on the other hand with its initial load options [no mavs no bk90s no rbs15s], would be a nice addition.

I would add it to red though since so far red has been classically undermanned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Can't agree more. The addition of the Viggen would be a good thing. :)

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Map reset, blue won :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

One question: Is there a reason EW radars have been taken out? Standard radar coverage on NTTR is pretty spotty and EWR will make a huge difference in this scenario, given the weak radars of the planes.

+1

Would very much appreciate more EWR radars so that there will be a radar picture that would warrant the assignment of human GCI by the participants on both sides.

Loving the setup!

S!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Ciribob, one more vote for the A-10C being added with nerfed weapons. The superior avionics to the A model, mainly the moving map, is largely already present via the F10 map.

I love flying the Charlie and would love to see it included in the appropriate form, at least while BF Caucasus is in the hospital.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

EWR and Radar SAMS are currently not included to see if the lag is better without them.

There is also a known issue with EWR Radars + lag currently :)

Regarding A10a vs C -

Advanced avionics is the reason, it also has buddy lase, TAD with all the advanced features, mark points etc and we wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

We're going for a late 60s early 70s ish scenario (very ish due to airframes and units available), and thought it would be interesting to give the A10a and Su25 a front row seat as they're relatively unused but interesting airframes.

Looks like there is a bug with dynamically spawned units not being picked up by scripting method for searching an area, will rewrite to use a less efficient method and report to ED if it can be replicated on testing version - this is why the captures arent working. Server was updated this morning which I guess is why its stopped.

For Viggen - given a bit of time we may, controversially, add to Red side as Blue seem to have got the hang of ground attack now (bombers are perfectly valid as you need good CAP to keep them alive).

More info here on specifics for why the round is like it is :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Capture bug temporary work around - Capture should work again!

Going to test and report to ED if I can replicate issue on test version

A10a gets P5s? Earlier shot one with 2 r60s, no damage (maybe the missiles hit each other, but exploded on tail on my screen), and then he shot me down with 3 P5s (Was in mig21, evaded 2)... hanging 4 of those bad boys on there is just a bit much, seeing as the su25 doesn't have the DIRCM and only gets 2 inferior missiles, so the A10a still has a pretty big leg up on the 25, and it makes it hell for me in a mig21 as well when I can't even kill it reliably from a rear aspect 1 mile shoot.

Edited by Dino Might

A10a gets P5s? Earlier shot one with 2 r60s, no damage (maybe the missiles hit each other, but exploded on tail on my screen), and then he shot me down with 3 P5s (Was in mig21, evaded 2)... hanging 4 of those bad boys on there is just a bit much, seeing as the su25 doesn't have the DIRCM and only gets 2 inferior missiles, so the A10a still has a pretty big leg up on the 25, and it makes it hell for me in a mig21 as well when I can't even kill it reliably from a rear aspect 1 mile shoot.

Hardly matters here, A10 has better self defense (better A2A missiles) SU25 has better A2G weapons and can fly a lot better than the A10. Either is still vulnerable to the F5 / Mig21 and you shouldn't be in a position where they can find and kill you. Besides, the A10 can hang 4x Aim-9M.

Hardly matters here, A10 has better self defense (better A2A missiles) SU25 has better A2G weapons and can fly a lot better than the A10. Either is still vulnerable to the F5 / Mig21 and you shouldn't be in a position where they can find and kill you. Besides, the A10 can hang 4x Aim-9M.

Woulda coulda shoulda, but I didn't figure both R60s would inflict no damage. And if they're allowed AIM-9Ms, that's even worse. Frankly, if I flew blue and cared more about score, I'd just fly an A-10 all the time for A2A with that loadout. Damage model is questionable and it has the best A2A missiles, as a striker. That's a bit odd, but if that's the way people want it, so it goes. I'm just seeing the inevitable stomps by Blue side over and over, which really makes me feel guilty when I join them to fly my beloved F5.

Woulda coulda shoulda, but I didn't figure both R60s would inflict no damage. And if they're allowed AIM-9Ms, that's even worse. Frankly, if I flew blue and cared more about score, I'd just fly an A-10 all the time for A2A with that loadout. Damage model is questionable and it has the best A2A missiles, as a striker. That's a bit odd, but if that's the way people want it, so it goes. I'm just seeing the inevitable stomps by Blue side over and over, which really makes me feel guilty when I join them to fly my beloved F5.

well here's your chance to F5

6951a64a13ed009c27005fa38c16001a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The solution here is to just give everyone the same airframe and weapons. If you don't want that, start developing skills and tactics instead of asking for restrictions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

there already are restrictions on the a10a´s armament so its not too powerfull on ground attack... i really dont mind it too much but i killed two mig 21s yesterday alone in a merge and i was heavy on 7 mk 84 bombs i didnt want to drop...

maybe give the a10a aim 9p5´s like the f-5 has.

the f-5 is better for cas then the hog and the hog is better for a2a lol. at least its a very very close call.

i dont think its u to judge wheres the place and where not. lets see how the people that run the server cope with it.

The solution here is to just give everyone the same airframe and weapons. If you don't want that, start developing skills and tactics instead of asking for restrictions.

top answer;) 10/10

Edited by rogonaut

maybe one could restrict the a10a´s aim 9ms. its truly a bit weird that the a10 has the best a2a rockets.

besides that i realy luv the new setup! great fun!

This is the problem of trying to shoe horn DCS into a specific era. The mission maker needs to tailor it on a realistic level.

For example if A10s and F5s were to be carrying AIM-9M and P5 circa 1983 then historically there should be F15s and MiG29s flying around. I think if you're going to make an era that defines the F5 and 21 as the a2a premier aircraft then you have to set it up to give the advantage that the aircraft in this role would have eg.reduce the strikers a2a payload access.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

quote from ciribob on hoggit:

We're going for a late 60s early 70s ish scenario (very ish due to airframes and units available), and thought it would be interesting to give the A10a and Su25 a front row seat as they're relatively unused but interesting airframes. Same for L-39 and Hawk

not sure what era of a2a rockets where standard back then...