[REPORTED]F10 radio menus added via script not showing up

Is anyone having troubles with the F10 radio menus that are added via a script not showing up? Same mission, same script without it being changed, now the menu's only appearing for the F15 (of the 5 aircraft I've checked so far). Logging within the script shows the code is running and building the menus without any errors but they are just not showing up in the F10 Other menu.

F10 menu items added via the ME seem to be working as per normal.

EDIT: A little bit more info:

Radio menus added using missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup and missionCommands.addCommandForGroup.

ME trigger add radio menu for all is working as expected.

Server and client running 1.5.5.59992 radio menus from script are fine.

Server and client running 1.5.5.60314 radio menus from script are not visible.

Server running 1.5.5.59992 and client running 1.5.5.60314 radio menus from script not visible.

Haven't tested a 60314 server with a 59992 client.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

This is the command running in MIST,

Command:

Unit.getGroup(event.initiator):getName()

Error:

Group doesn't exist

Might have something to do with this bug I found and reported to MIST

https://github.com/mrSkortch/MissionScriptingTools/issues/38

Its causing MIST to fail, which all the other scripts rely on MIST

I think Unit.getGroup(event.initiator):getName() is a built in game function call that is broken.

Sounds VERY familiar with another Group bug that hasn't been fixed in many months (might be over a year now...)

The fix probably has something to do with what fixed " * MP. Wingman of client will take off " (just a guess)

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

The client groups not accessible in multiplayer bug has been partially fixed. It works fine for client groups with only 1 aircraft but as soon as you add a second it causes the getGroup call to return nil.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Sorry I'm away so can't investigate. :(

If it works partially in a mission, could you try creating a fresh mission , adding four groups containing one client each and then try using addCommandForGroup? Two aircraft and two choppers

It may be something like the mission format is subtlety different so the wrong group is having the radio menu added to it.

Try it without mist as well to rule out that.

The other thing to look as is add radio items using the mission editor and see what the lua generated by the mission looks like.

Apologies I can't be more help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• ED Team

Can someone add a .miz or .trk showing the issue

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hello all

I made some test and found a temporal solution.

OK, first test:

The problem dont seems to comes from Mist or CTLD.

DCS release:

I created a new mission, No mist, NO CTLD added.

Added one gruop with only one helo.

Created a trigger with a run script: missionCommands.addCommandForGroup("1", "menu text", nil ,trigger.action.outText, "looks like this work", 5)

Resoult, no F10 option created on the radio menu

DCS beta (unupdated)

I run the same mission on my unupdated beta (1.5.5.5889) and the F10 works !

Second test:

DCS release:

I created a new mission, No mist, NO CTLD added.

Added a new radio element for group with the trigger action on the panel (no script)

Works fine.

Third test:

added a new option to the menu running again the missionCommands.addCommandForGroup script

(several seconds after i created the first menu with the action command)

And the new option is added to the menu, it works !!

So... if the menu F10 is already created, the missionCommands.addCommandForGroup script works.

OK, last test:

DCS release:

Created new mission, with one group of one helo.

Created a radio element for the group using the action on the trigger panel. ( second 1)

Added Mist ( second 3 )

Added CTLD ( second 8 )

And everything works !!!

SO.... until a real solution from Ciribob, and if you need to fly this week end, just add a trigger with a "add radio element to group" before CTLD is running.

You need to be sure you are in the cockpit when pause is off or you miss the first inicialization of the F10 Menu

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Like 1

• ED Team

I have reproduced and reported.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Capt Zeen Does the above temporary solution work for fixing mist? I'm not using CTLD. But am using MIST & GCICAP and getting the same issue.

Am getting the error pop up when a group gets spawned into the mission. Seems to be an error message for each aircraft that is spawned in the group.

Edited by Shadow.D.

hello all

OK, last test:

DCS release:

Created new mission, with one group of one helo.

Created a radio element for the group using the action on the trigger panel. ( second 1)

Added Mist ( second 3 )

Added CTLD ( second 8 )

And everything works !!!

Sorry, this workaround does not help for us. We use very complex and detailed F-10 options. Simply doesn´t work.

Again I wonder, why the Open Beta is not used for this trail&error releases...:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

I know ED wants to sell their Spitfire, but really, they didn't have to break every other modules' gameplay to accomplish that :music_whistling:

Seriously though, transporting troops by helicopters is broken for I don't know, a half a year maybe? And only because we have very talented community there was a workaround thanks to Ciribob's CTLD script, but now even that is broken....:mad:

Edited by Kaszub

Yeah imagine of something they did broke Fixed wings aircraft ability to fire weapons,. Thats the equivalent of the problems we have faced on the rotary wing side. Firs the regular way of boarding troops via waypoints broken about a month ago, and now this. Hopefully we see a quick fix, our group is in the midst of a hot and heavy campaign and we are flying almost every night, this was a key component.

Please take your time to consider the underlying written.

"I wonder whether the community can be more proactively and interactively involved in the testing of new releases of DCS World by ED."

The simulator is an enormously complex program, and I can imagine that in order to test for a new release, the ED development team, ED testers are facing enormous challenges to ensure that the product stays bug-free and that defects are properly reported and followed-up.

What we're noticing within the community is that there are people who have become very acquainted with the simulator in its mission design aspects and mission editing aspects:

- Designing missions using the DCS world scripting API.

- Making highly complex scripts.

- Having a large set of "mods" made within the product.

The amount of users and scripts and missions have grown exponentially, and thus, the challenge for ED to release a bug-free product has grown, and the complexity to keep backward compatibility has also grown also.

It has become very hard for ED to test everything keeping this large community happy.

The challenges for ED are in the following areas:

- Ensure that the promised functionality gets delivered within the expected deadlines.

- New modules are integrated in relation with the partners.

- Partner modules can have bugs, and fixes are required.

- Changes in the DCS world core engine may sometimes mean a large rework, with a high risk for bugs. eg. the planned merged product (version 2.5), is a huge challenge for ED today.

- the DCS world lua scripting engine is used within many missions, bugs appear frequently. Backward compatibility is key, and the functions need to work consistently.

- the mission editor needs to keep up with the changes... and keep backward compability with previous designed missions.

- cope with unexpected crashes during run-time, due to memory errors or other internal bugs in the C++ code...

What we've noticed in previous releases is that bugs appear, and are staying within the system for a couple of months, if not years. Some bugs however, get quickly fixed, while others are awaiting to get fixed for a (very) long time...

And unfortunately, some of these bugs were only detected after "beta testing", in the already release product... And i see a couple of reasons of that:

1. Beta releases are appearing very shortly after each other. The community has a hard time to follow-up...

2. Core changes are done in the product, but are not communicated to some community people who maintain complex scripts...

3. I really wonder how closely the broader community is involved today in bug fix prioritization and bug fixing. (So Beta testers are also community, but i mean here the broader community ...)

Therefore, i have a couple of suggestions to help ED to make this better:

1. Would it make sense to involve some people of the community in "pre-release" testing? Especially major releases should be tested properly. Or another solution could be, the BETA stays longer alive, until all urgent defects have been reported and resolved ...

2. Would it make sense to establish a communication channel for testing and test results? A proper logging of bug fixes and follow-up? I don't think the ED forum is a good platform to do that. I think something else is needed.

Hope these points make sense ...

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Is anyone having troubles with the F10 radio menus that are added via a script not showing up? Same mission, same script without it being changed, now the menu's only appearing for the F15 (of the 5 aircraft I've checked so far). Logging within the script shows the code is running and building the menus without any errors but they are just not showing up in the F10 Other menu.

F10 menu items added via the ME seem to be working as per normal.

EDIT: A little bit more info:

Radio menus added using missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup and missionCommands.addCommandForGroup.

ME trigger add radio menu for all is working as expected.

Server and client running 1.5.5.59992 radio menus from script are fine.

Server and client running 1.5.5.60314 radio menus from script are not visible.

Server running 1.5.5.59992 and client running 1.5.5.60314 radio menus from script not visible.

Haven't tested a 60314 server with a 59992 client.

May I ask you, does the code crash, or does it do the job, but menus are not showing?

[/TABLE]

The problem is that ED is jumping sack over their own product testing branch, OpenBeta.

I have been wondering, whats the point of having an open beta if you just dump broken patches every week on the release version?

I honestly think ED's weekly patch regime is flawed. It should be a weekly patch for the beta and a monthly stable patch for the release in my opinion.

"Would it make sense to establish a communication channel for testing and test results? A proper logging of bug fixes and follow-up? I don't think the ED forum is a good platform to do that. I think something else is needed."

Would be nice if we had some sort of limited ticketing system access

-afinegan aka Drex

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

"Would it make sense to establish a communication channel for testing and test results? A proper logging of bug fixes and follow-up? I don't think the ED forum is a good platform to do that. I think something else is needed."

Would be nice if we had some sort of limited ticketing system access

-afinegan aka Drex

Yeah. A web based system to report and follow-up problems. Because now it is a mess. Also, the list of community members with good scripting knowledge is growing, and can really help with stability testing. There are good scripts and test modules created that can do that.

It would be good if ED would open the door to some of the guys around here to discuss these matters. Make a good process for stability testing. Because now all is ad-hoc. There is hardly any communication channel, beside the hard work that BIGNEWY is doing these days dealing with all these problems.

Has there been one single day the last 2 years, where all of the DCS lua functions were working properly both in single and multi player mode?

I don't think so, unfortunately ... A released product shouldn't be like that.

It should be stable, right?

Sv.

[/TABLE]

• ED Team

Thanks for the kind words FlightControl, I try to get around to everyone but it is becoming a more difficult task recently as only a few testers help with forum queries and I also answer many direct PM's for problems also, so I have to manage my time well. Fortunately I do enjoy it still :)

The ED team are working hard on the script issues at the moment. I do not know when a fix will be made, all I will say is it is high priority for the team.

Edited by BIGNEWY