Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Thats very good news! :) But would it "stay in place" even with an extension? That would be great :)

It would not stay in place due to there being no FFB/trim on the MT-50 base.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing is looking better and better.

The Pre-Order end date happens to be on my birthday, pretty sure that is a sign!

:joystick:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

ah that's sad, but Virpil will still get my money! :) Major selling points for me are the various additional products (like the desk mount) for a reasonable price and the Plug and Play Warthog compatibility! One suggestion for future development would be to include some kind of Trim to the a "next generation base" to make heli flyers totally happy as well! :)

Qustion to Cyph3r

I registered on the VirPil site today. Registration includes a mandatory field labelled "Home". I filled in something that hopefully won't harm. But this field should not be mandatory!

There is no such thing as a "Home" field in a normal address record.

Maybe this is poorly translated from Russian? If it means "Building" or something like that, again it should not be mandatory. I live in my own house. No such thing as a building or residence.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I registered on the VirPil site today. Registration includes a mandatory field labelled "Home". I filled in something that hopefully won't harm. But this field should not be mandatory!

There is no such thing as a "Home" field in a normal address record.

Maybe this is poorly translated from Russian? If it means "Building" or something like that, again it should not be mandatory. I live in my own house. No such thing as a building or residence.

(In the UK at least) This is a fairly common field, although it should say "House Number" or something to that effect. I've already raised this with our webdeveloper to get it to make more sense!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The connector of the VPC MT-50 base and grip are now standard and match up to the TMW connector without requiring any adapters.

Additional cams are no longer required as the existing designs work very well with the TMW grip, especially the hard center cams (on the pitch axis to counter the forward CG).

The VPC MT-50 has complete plug and play compatibility with the TMW grip straight out of the box.

Superb news, will all the Warthog hats and buttons work on your base unit?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Alll Right ... Paid for the pre-order :thumbup:... Now the long wait ...:music_whistling:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Major selling points for me are the various additional products (like the desk mount) for a reasonable price and the Plug and Play Warthog compatibility!

Same here. I really liked that they had come up with a mount system as it saves me from having to create something. My only concerns after that were the stability of the mount and the strength and toughness of the gimbal and springs. Those videos that were posted blew me away and then the fact that it now uses the TMWH connection and is plug and play just knocked it out of the park.

I'm a bit iffy about the VKB dry clutch (due to sticktion concerns) and then this comes along that is pretty much everything I want in a stick except FFB. It's a no brainer, I'm completely sold on it.

Same here. I really liked that they had come up with a mount system as it saves me from having to create something. My only concerns after that were the stability of the mount and the strength and toughness of the gimbal and springs. Those videos that were posted blew me away and then the fact that it now uses the TMWH connection and is plug and play just knocked it out of the park.

I'm a bit iffy about the VKB dry clutch (due to sticktion concerns) and then this comes along that is pretty much everything I want in a stick except FFB. It's a no brainer, I'm completely sold on it.

This is also the case for me, though, I will eventually look at getting the VKB as well - for science! I'm loving that we are getting very good alternatives, and very high quality ones at that, and want to support those placing their time and money on the line.

I'm particularly curious about the clutch for choppers, but overall, the Virpil wins it for me as first purchase. Tool free, and compatible grips with the Warthog make it an easy choice.

I'm really looking forward to the products that are still to come..

Z...

Yep! 100% compatibility.

does that mean that my control bindings for A-10C, F-5E, KA-50 will not have to be re-done?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

does that mean that my control bindings for A-10C, F-5E, KA-50 will not have to be re-done?

I would imagine that the controller ID is going to come from the base unit, in which case you will need to redo your controls, or possibly load the profile of your old config onto the new controller.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I would imagine that the controller ID is going to come from the base unit, in which case you will need to redo your controls, or possibly load the profile of your old config onto the new controller.

I agree

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Ok so I have gone into my account and filled in my physical address here in the U.S.

I created the account very early on so hopefully will get the discount.

Under " Home" I just entered in my street address, same as my street address I entered under street address, hope this is right.

I entered the city and then the zip, did not see a category for entering the actual State - assume the city and zip will tell all need to know...

Now just waiting on pre-orders to open for stick and center mount.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On the first screens, the stick extension bents back like a Z. In the catalogue on your website the extension is straight. Is that bent still a thing?

As far as I remember, The bent ones are for the VPC MongoosT-50 stick (default on buying the stick and base) and the straight ones go with both the Warthog and the VPC MongoosT-50...

Edited by Nash

Looking forward to some reviews from our DCS recon pilots.

Will the base unit be able to be screwed onto a flat mounting surface?

Does it already have holes in the bottom or will I need to get my hammer and drill out?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Looking forward to some reviews from our DCS recon pilots.

Will the base unit be able to be screwed onto a flat mounting surface?

Does it already have holes in the bottom or will I need to get my hammer and drill out?

I have bad news for you. One does not "drill" with a hammer.

Z...

Z...

:)

Z...

If the drill fails to do a good job the hammer wont!

Note that it is the drills fault!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

For people who already paid for their pre-order, has the shipping begun?