The new update!

BlitzPuppet

I wanted brake axis for a long time too, glad it's finally here. :thumbup:

How does braking work in real Su-27, are there two separate toe brake controls for each wheel, or are both wheel brakes engaged simultaneously, like in MiG-21 and L-39?

It has both controls: differential brakes in the pedals for normal operation and a paddle brake in the stick for takeoff.

BTW, they also added a Nose Gear Steering switch (LALT + Q). The switch flips in the left console, but I can't see any light indicating whether it is engaged or not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It has both controls: differential brakes in the pedals for normal operation and a paddle brake in the stick for takeoff.

BTW, they also added a Nose Gear Steering switch (LALT + Q). The switch flips in the left console, but I can't see any light indicating whether it is engaged or not.

Unfortunately this will break every track made prior to this update that included taxiing. Oh well. Such is the price of progress, I guess.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

DCS FC3

• Su-27. Added axes for separated pedal wheel brakes and nose wheel steering control

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this! Will make ground control that much easier.

Can't believe I missed that! Welcome news.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• ED Team

From what I deciphered when studying the Su-27SK manual (in Russian, for didactic reasons :P) Spectre might be right - the differential braking was applied by pinkie paddle + rudder (I actually set the pinkie trigger in my X-52 to brake to simulate this). I might be wrong though.

There's a fairly easily findable (on the internet, or on the forum) review written by an F-16/FA-18 pilot of his experience flying an Su-27 as part of some goodwill exchange.

He describes it as having 'conventional' western style differential toe brakes, but said they felt soft & without feel.

Cheers.

Thanks for the tip! was breaking my head yesterday why the nose wheel did not turn!

Thanks for the tip! was breaking my head yesterday why the nose wheel did not turn!

Me too! I saw the toe brakes but missed the nose wheel part, no wonder I couldn't turn it. I went back to the old WW2 ways, pull the lever on the stick and push the rudder. I'll have to try this again.

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg