** AJS-37 Changelog / Update Master List **

Cobra847

Lol *wordswordswords*

I asked the same question regarding fm and engine ect. and I'm still not sure what's fixed or not. I know fuel flows not fixed at least. So valid questions.

Also thanks for the answer Cobra.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Thanks Cobra, much appreciated. Will standby for ED to update.

THANKS HB... Its been a dusty trail, wish I could buy you all a pint or a cup of tea... but my arms aren't that long.. so the best I can do is of course buy the Kitty....

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

** AJS-37 Changelog / Update Master List **

Cobra will probably update the first post soon, but here is a little list of some of the upcoming changes due to next update of DCS.

- Radios implemented and fixed

- Fixes to automatic fuel regulator

- Fixes to afterburner at height

- Rb04 no longer launching when re-armed

- Correction to TILS-stations numbering past 20

- Multiple potential CTDs fixed

- TILS-layer switch not switching back fixed

- TAKT/Out not showing rightmost station fixed

The big thing here is the radios that now should be working as intended (there where multiple issues with it). Laobi will have to redo his tutorial.

Edit: added TAKT/UT-fix

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Cobra will probably update the first post soon, but here is a little list of some of the upcoming changes due to next update of DCS.

- Radios implemented and fixed

- Fixes to automatic fuel regulator

- Fixes to afterburner at height

- Rb04 no longer launching when re-armed

- Correction to TILS-stations numbering past 20

- Multiple potential CTDs fixed

- TILS-layer switch not switching back fixed

The big thing here is the radios that now should be working as intended (there where multiple issues with it). Laobi will have to redo his tutorial.

Hah! Thank you, good sir.

what about the weapon reload bug?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

What do you mean, Relentov?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Will do. For now, just know that you need to be in Logarithmic mode and have your contrast turned up. Forests show up as blank/bright because they don't give uniform returns, and cities show up as darker in log mode (though you can't see them in linear mode).

The thing that still trips me out is that the Viggen radar display is backwards to what I'm used to; I'm used to a bright spot being a return and dark being blank.

By the way, I've tested today in Nevada and unfortunately it's just an optical deception. In Nevada, cities are still invisible; in Normandy we can see the overall city just because it's defined as a different 'type' of terrain I guess, which it seems the only feature that AG radar seems to see. But runways and buildings are still missing. I would be extremely happy with a simplified radar return 'à la' Falcon 4, darker dots where buildings are supposed to be, and brighter lines (because Viggen radar screen is inverted) where the runways and taxilines are.

Regards

By the way, I've tested today in Nevada and unfortunately it's just an optical deception. In Nevada, cities are still invisible; in Normandy we can see the overall city just because it's defined as a different 'type' of terrain I guess, which it seems the only feature that AG radar seems to see. But runways and buildings are still missing. I would be extremely happy with a simplified radar return 'à la' Falcon 4, darker dots where buildings are supposed to be, and brighter lines (because Viggen radar screen is inverted) where the runways and taxilines are.

Regards

Perhaps terrain type is all we have because Heatblur isn't modelling a continuous wave radar, but rather they're modeling what a CW radar should return. It's an important distinction, because it relies on ED's data to provide returns. Perhaps Normandy adds some data that needs to be back-fitted to existing terrain.

Another thing, though: you do see runways. they're not defined, but you can see the open space. They're dirt/metal runways, so they won't show up like concrete, but even concrete runways look blurry on a CW ground radar. The returns from the Normandy runways were pretty realistic IMO. For the buildings, that's in ED's court (see my first paragraph).

Edited by Home Fries
technical correction

The raycaster we use does not return hits from buildings (IIRC). That is the main reason for a lack of buildings.

This is probably to save overhead on that method. Our A-G radar had to use multithreading heavily as is to get to this point.

In the future, we may turn to a hybrid GPU solution which will see buildings. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It sounds like very long term plan but I'm glad that at least you acknowledge Viggen radar modelling limitations and have some ideas to solve it :) I'm not going to say it's a major issue, but it deserves to be modelled just right.

Regards!

I thought, every Wednesday it's update day

The raycaster we use does not return hits from buildings (IIRC). That is the main reason for a lack of buildings.

This is probably to save overhead on that method. Our A-G radar had to use multithreading heavily as is to get to this point.

In the future, we may turn to a hybrid GPU solution which will see buildings. :)

I'm curious: If ED's implemention with the Hornet (which seemed to show buildings) gets baked into the core sim and does what you need, would you be adverse to swapping yours out in favour of that?

As far as I can see, the raycasting is only for ground terrain. Units and world objects alike are not returned by it, for those you simply use an object export like all the radars in game.

Ground terrain objects (houses etc) are not units and are therefore not returned.

To get these ED would have to redesign the object qualities of the terrain to be exportable like a unit would be, or just fake the entire thing, which is way more preferable. By this I mean, the radar looks at your terrain map and just redraws the radar return to include whats in the map directly, rather than trying to "detect" a piece of terrain with raycasting - which would be pointless processing.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

As far as I can see, the raycasting is only for ground terrain. Units and world objects alike are not returned by it, for those you simply use an object export like all the radars in game.

Ground terrain objects (houses etc) are not units and are therefore not returned.

To get these ED would have to redesign the object qualities of the terrain to be exportable like a unit would be, or just fake the entire thing, which is way more preferable. By this I mean, the radar looks at your terrain map and just redraws the radar return to include whats in the map directly, rather than trying to "detect" a piece of terrain with raycasting - which would be pointless processing.

I think ED is working in a different approach which should work well with alll terrain features

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3011957&postcount=5

The question is whether HB will adapt it to the Viggen when it's available to all 3rd parties in the SDK.

Regards!