ED agreed...The Mig 21 "CAN" be added ONLY IF...

Witchking

Possible h2h lock distance for F-15 less than 40 km.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MiG-21 can kick ass in BVR & WVR fight almost every modern fighter - it has very low radar signature so it can easily get within visual and it still highly maneuvrable. The last modification of Fishbed - MiG-21-93 equipped with R-77; R-73 missiles and HMS is a very deadly opponent, the only thing bad on it is 4 pylons to carry missiles.

I highly doubt it Scart. Just ask yourself why would anyone develop new airframes if the existing one were that good? Or even better, why would Russian develop MiG-29 or Su-27 etc, if 10-20 year old airframe (doesn't matter how much upgraded) can "own" it? :doh:

No longer active in DCS...

the main theme is - "can", but it's weapons load and multirole capabilities surely do not match todays demands. But in AA role it's still very good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

You both are right. No need to argue. Russians developed Su-27 and MiG-29 because of cold war. If they wouldn't do that they could stay behind. It is priority to search new technologies. The newest version of MiG-21 is not a totaly ropy fighter. Upgrading Fishbeds is the only way for some less opulent countries to keep their combat readiness.

It can be the first good afterburner for lomac:lol: It just needs texturing....but if strikemax needs the model he can PM me....:thumbup:

Atleest, for the Russians, Walmis his F15 Nozzle also looks GOOD!

This was the hardest thing preparing this nozzle I think. StrikeMax should be satisfied but let's wait for his own decision. Rep inbound thesystem.

the model looks great, but how many polys it have?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it's going to be recessed then maybe a simple cone (which is what ED does for the Flankers) instead, or a circle geometry for the texture, as they're not totally complex like that, but definitely looks great.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few words for it :music_whistling:

THAT MiG-21 IS BLOODY AWSOME !!!! :doh:

By far the best and most realistic looking model I think I've ever seen! :thumbup:

oh geees, if we could get this in some decent sim like Lock On... I'd love to fly it, I'd love to see other flying it, flying next to me, I'd love to see it taxi, I'd love to see it on the runway...taking off...landing... turning... burning... errr... :huh: scrap that last one :smartass:

JUST BLOODY INSANELY AWSOME !!! 10/10 from me :book:

No longer active in DCS...

The draw with the number "75" is not a MiG-21MF.

This is the MiG-21bis 75AP. (this is an AP variant, because the RSBN-probe under the nose is the AP's own special, the base 75 not have the RSBN navigation system, because the "Lazur" sys from the MF variant was too big)

The MiG-21MF's factorynumber is the "96".

So if the base of the lockon's MiG-21 was this picture, the correct variant is the bis.

Not the MF.

• 2 weeks later...

Any advances? we're thirsty of screenshots!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Maniac007

Hi there I am a part time 3D modeler. I would like to give the mig 21 a try but need to know where I can get information on the requirements for Lomac?