[NO BUG] 1.5.7: Texture mods and Integrity Check [FEATURE REQUEST Submitted]

Hey,

Since yesterday's patch, my client fails integrity checks in multiplayer. I don't have any mods that change the functionality of any module or the core of the sim, just a few texture mods:

- Barthek's GTM 10

- HD Ka-50 cockpit

- English Su-27 cockpit

- Su-27 FC3 theme (replaces the F-15 main menu wallpaper).

Using 1.5.6 this was never an issue. Is there any reasoning behind this change, or is it an unintended side-effect of the patch? Personally, I don't see the problem with using texture mods...

Regards,

-|DB|- Raven

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently all terrain texture mods have been blocked by IC since 1.5.7 and it's intentional.

Browse threads for Starway's and Mustang's mods for tips on how to try to make them pass the IC, but be aware that solutions posted there will probably not work for long.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

For my mods...

I need to check one by one to determine the problem.

I think I can fix texture bug but I'm not sure about Integrity Check.

I'll be back.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

- HD Ka-50 cockpit

- English Su-27 cockpit

These mods work properly and they pass the Integrity Check.

If problem persists, please specify what/which files can't pass the Integrity Check.

Thank you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Can't they make the IC configurable on the host just like the advanced server options?

i think terrain mods failing IC is an intended function, as some terrain texture mods make it easier to spot targets etc.

People can also use different graphics settings, graphics driver settings, different monitor settings and even shader mods. Nobody uses the exact same settings anyway. Unless the terrain mod blocking is for the Caucasus mesh update soon to arrive i think it's not necessary to block these terrain mods (or let the hosts decide).

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Exactly. It doesn't make any sense: the various terrain mods make the environment so much more beautiful (especially in VR).

Besides, easier to spot mobile ground units are very welcome in VR, even if they are not the reason people use terrain mods.

It's not just the lack of T4 terrain engine either: NTTR is quite ugly in VR as well, because of the lack of contrast and variation: it just looks like a pile of extremely low resolution pixels (on a monitor NTTR looks quite good though)...

Spoiler

Not only are terrain mods important for looks, but also function. Without terrain mods the TGP in the A-10C is near useless (the last time I tried it without terrain mods), ground units sometimes perfectly blend into the ground.

I am hoping ED rethink making these fail the IC... or else there are going to be a lot of pilots straining to find their target..

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Non official mods are not supported by ED in any way.

So its up to you to use them or not.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Non official mods are not supported by ED in any way.

So its up to you to use them or not.

No, no. The mods work fine, they added them to the IC specifically blocking them for no good reason. It's not a matter of the game changing and the mods needing to be updated, I get that. It's a matter of them being actively blocked that is unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• ED Team
No, no. The mods work fine, they added them to the IC specifically blocking them for no good reason. It's not a matter of the game changing and the mods needing to be updated, I get that. It's a matter of them being actively blocked that is unacceptable.

This is not true. IC does check if the game is vanilla or not. That's it.

• Like 1

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

You can disagree about IC, but in the end they are non official mods so...

Use servers without IC or disable the mod.

The other option is a concerted users campaign against this decisions and IC blockings. Maybe if enough people make enough noise ED could change his policy about that.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

This is not true. IC does check if the game is vanilla or not. That's it.

What part of what I said is not true? Yes, I know what IC does. The problem is, they added extra files to be checked that blocks cockpit mods, terrains, and many other mods that have no reason to be blocked. No one wants to play vanilla 1.5.

Edited by Kraut

All "Mods", Should go into the /Saved Games/DCS.<install>/ Folder and not in the DCS Main Folder.

IC Doesnt stop you from using MODs,

IC Stops you from Using Mods on Servers that do no want them to be used.

You can fly w/ an IC Fail on a Server that doesnt require you to pass IC.

Users can use Terrain Mods as Cheats in MP..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

Heh.

No, no. The mods work fine, they added them to the IC specifically blocking them

NOT TRUE.

It's a matter of them being actively blocked

NOT TRUE.

they added extra files to be checked that blocks cockpit mods, terrains, and many other mods

NOT TRUE.

Nothing in the IC blocks anything.

• Like 2

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

All "Mods", Should go into the /Saved Games/DCS.<install>/ Folder and not in the DCS Main Folder.

IC Doesnt stop you from using MODs,

IC Stops you from Using Mods on Servers that do no want them to be used.

You can fly w/ an IC Fail on a Server that doesnt require you to pass IC.

Users can use Terrain Mods as Cheats in MP..

Gimme a break. How paranoid are you people? The only mods that have any business being on IC are weapon mods. Next are you gonna tell me they are going to lock everyone to the same resolution because some people can spot easier? What a joke.

Still, I agree that there should be a method of white-listing user mods for use on servers.

There is, the server owners have to go through and remove all these files from the IC list that ED added. If they wanted to give the server owners the option to block these additional mods, that's fine. But it SHOULD NOT have been the default in this patch. Now I have to go and spend hours fixing it.

And no I get that IC doesn't block the mods, but it blocks everyone from joining servers. Effectively the same thing, I'm not going to argue semantics.

Edited by Kraut
  • Like 1

• ED Team
If they wanted to give the server owners the option to block these additional mods, that's fine. But it SHOULD NOT have been the default in this patch.

Probably. We're discussing the issue.

Now I have to go and spend hours fixing it.

bin\DCS_updater.exe cleanup

will do this for you.

Probably. We're discussing the issue.

DCS_updater cleanup

will do this for you.

I know how to fix my client, I'm talking about fixing our server's IC list to allow all mods except weapon mods, effectively reverting IC to the 1.5.6 state on the server. Very few server owners are going to want to ban terrain and cockpit mods, it's fine to have the option, but everyone is angry that this was the default setting for IC.

IC Does what it's meant to do, verify's no files have been modified.

if a Server Owner runs his/her server with IC On, then Modified Files will fail IC and not allow a user to join said Server.

If you want to fly with mods, then looking for a server with IC Turned off, or have the server admin turn off IC is the best solution.

It's there to make sure everyone is using the same files. It's doing it's job.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I can see why, but there should be a detailed explanation on what can be edited and how to add mods through the saved games folder.

For example i have edited textures for the ka-50 that go in the indicationTextures folder.