Re : Letter from ED

Fastpants

Thank you Wags and ED for the detailed update. I've gone from Flaker 2.0, LOMAC, Flaming Cliffs and now DCS. Promising times ahead.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've flown LoMac when I first learned of it. I never knew (at that time) about the Flanker but I would have bought it had I known.

Today, as my signature shows, if it flies, I have it. No, I can't fly the non-English aircraft much although, with the 104th Phoenix (years ago), I did finish my carrier quals with the Su-33. If DCS creates anything -- even the Wright Flyer (December 17, 1903) -- I will do everything in my power to buy whatever it is you create. Even to the point of bankruptcy! You are that important to me. I think there is a couple aircraft that I have bought twice. (I even bought a copy of the A-10C and gave it to my son-in-law.)

I think anyone who has flown a desktop flight simulator will grade DCS 1 and 2 as absolute top of its field. There is NOTHING out there that even comes close: graphics, flight dynamics, nor air combat environment. Yes, I comment on the odd thing here and there that I find ... worth commenting on ... but I'll comment on a luxurious restaurant pizza, too. But I love both to the absolute tops!

Thank you, Wags and the entire ED team along with all those wonderful other teams. Live long and prosper.

Your devoted customer,

=Mac=

PS: Thank you, also, to those huge corporations and governments who grant ED permission to give all of us these mechanical angels.

Edited by =Mac=
Added a PS

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I too have been an "off and on" customer since the early days. Moves, military service, dead pc's...I couldn't even tell you what my name was then (related to the products). However, none of that matters. What I appreciate most about this is that ED thought enough of it's customer base to put that letter out. That's awesome; keep up the outstanding work.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

Awesome work! ... Waiting for Carrier Operations on the servers with F-18C F-14 and Harriers :D

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

Outstanding work looking forward to 2.5 release, thanks for the update.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

You and your products are definitely great part of my life Matt. Since Flanker 1.0 played on my 386DX iirc till now. You help to make my dreams come through about being a fighter pilot (virtual but still). I made lots of friendship with the forum members and simmers. Thank you for all your effort. You succeeded in what many would have died! I'm looking forward to get my hands on new Caucasus and Hornet ! Keep doing this great work and God bless you all ;)

=Pedro= out.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Lock-On

That was the first title that put PC's crawling. It was the title before Far Cry or Crysis were even heard...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Thanks ED for being here. I know I can be very annoying with all the complaints. But will remain as a customer for ever. These sincere communications like Wag's are the ones that makes us all proud.

Thanks.

Thank you for the excellent update letter ED, it's amazing to read up on the history of before I joined on this crazy train, and the progress which has been made since then.

One area which the letter did not touch on was the level of communication to the community, which has also received numerous mini updates :smartass:. Keen to see where the ride will take us but I sure like the sound of the coming stops. :pilotfly:

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

I predict a 2.5 release at the same time as SC 3.0 resulting in a total failure of the internet and commencement of the end of days.

:megalol:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Does anyone know if there is any documentation available that tells us what will actually be in V2.5? I get that it will merge together all the various versions but is that it?

Will it mean a significant graphics improvement? Will performance suffer? Will 2.5 include code optimization such that DCS can fully utilize modern multi-core computer processors? Will 2.5 offer any badly needed VR optimization? Will it improve net code or increase the potential number of players that can be online together on a server?

The letter is great but some of us more recent DCS arrivals feel a bit lost.

Does anyone know if there is any documentation available that tells us what will actually be in V2.5? I get that it will merge together all the various versions but is that it?

Will it mean a significant graphics improvement? Will performance suffer? Will 2.5 include code optimization such that DCS can fully utilize modern multi-core computer processors? Will 2.5 offer any badly needed VR optimization? Will it improve net code or increase the potential number of players that can be online together on a server?

The letter is great but some of us more recent DCS arrivals feel a bit lost.

I doubt you see a shift to Parallel Processing (ie Using 4+ cores) anytime soon, as it would require a significant re-write of teh entire DCS Core.

DCS 2.5 will be a Unified Version w/ All Terrains, w/ Caucasus still being free, but completely re-done for the T4 Terrain Engine, among other things, PBR Graphics, Deferred Shading, New Effects, etc etc etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs