Re : Letter from ED

Fastpants

Anyone >>> API means software code? Sorry, no habla.

Yes, software. API = Application Programming Interface

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still have my original Lomac DVD, can believe where time goes.

Good update, looking forward for the merge, feels really time wasting updating 1.5 and 2.2, understand why but as one version I am sure it will be much easier for ED.

27 years, pretty impressive ED to have a profitable and growing business in Flight Simulation for the public on PC for that long.

I personally cannot wait for AV-8 and F/A-18.

My reaction of course to the 2.5 ...

source.gif

My days with ED began back in the Lock on era. Although my true passion is with the modern

combat aircraft I have enjoyed the WWII content almost as much. Knowing that my purchases

of the WWII go into sustaining and supporting the modern aircraft I will continue to purchase

modules and maps for that era as well.

Thanks for the insight Matt and a fist bump to the entire ED staff and 3rd party players for a great

product and continued success to you all!

zgpK3.gif

DILLY DILLY!!!

I felt this was deeply necessary. :)

Also, Mr. Burns, AV-8 is supposed to be released today. So wait's over. . . ish?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That was a great read and it will definitely helps to get a better understanding of what's going behind the scenes and will hopefully reduce the amount of unreasonably ranting on the forums.

So, thank you very much for these open words Wags. I really really appreaciate them!

Keep up the good work, that you and the entire ED team is putting into this project. :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No P-47 news? When will we hear progress of it? Has the project been halted or postponed?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Thankyou ED for all these years of making our dream come true. I will do my part and try to keep up with all the great modules that keep on coming for DCS! We are simply getting spoilt by choice but i have to say that i bought a few modules only to support and then found out that they are also enjoyable in their own way.

By the way i still keep my DVD copy of Lock On as a treasure.

Edited by rajdary

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

TFC has been requesting World War II aircraft for a long time, so we cannot ignore our partner...TFC has supported this direction from the very beginning.

We were very surprised to find that the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog.

As you can see, DCS’s World War II series doesn’t compete with modern aircraft projects for development resources. In fact, it supports it!

Music to my ears!

World War II aircraft attract new customers that may have not otherwise been familiar with DCS World. Many DCS World War II pilots move to our jet aircraft that are within the integral DCS World.

Can confirm. Am one such customer. I only bought the Sabre and then the Viggen after coming to DCS via the WW2 aircraft (and because a squadmate is Swedish). I have 8 other squadmates also got interested in DCS on the back of the WW2 stuff who have also now bought at least one "modern" aircraft. Some of them have bought multiple modules (Sabre, Viggen, Harrier, F5, Gazelle, Huey). I can count at least 21 modern aircraft modules that my squadron have bought, all on the back of being introduced to DCS via the WWII side.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Big thanks Wags and team ED for very informative letter. It is much easier to understand why things are the way they are.

In any case, our DCS future looks very promising. AV-8B, F/A-18, 2.5, Vulcan API, my head is spinning overdrive.

Keep up the good spirit and work.

Asus X99 Deluxe II|Intel i7 6850K @4.2GHz|G.Skill 64GB Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz|Noctua NH-D15 and 4x NF-A14 PWM|Corsair HX850i

Win10 Pro 64 @M.2 512GB 950 PRO|DCS @M.2 250GB 960 EVO

ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX OC 8GB GDDR5|ASUS PG348Q - LG 25UM58 @3440x2520

Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent|TM Hotas Warthog 7.5cm ext & 3x MFD Cougars|MFG Crosswind|TrackIR 5

A-10C|AJS-37|AV-8B|BS2|F/A-18C|FC3|Mi-8MTV2|PG NE NO SY maps|Tacview.

That was a great read and it will definately helps to get a better understanding of what's going behind the scenes and will hopefully reduce the amount of unreasonably ranting on the forums.

So, thank you very much for these open words Wags. I really really appreaciate them!

Keep up the good work, that you and the entire ED team is putting into this project. :thumbup:

Couldn't agree more. First great thanks to ED and all 3’rd parties involved for bringing us the best simulator. Thanks to you many of us can realize their dreams and cultivate a great hobby which goes much beyond just flying in the sim. For me every module that comes to DCS is a great opportunity to study the plane development and operational usage history. What differentiates and what I like in DCS comparing to other titles obviously aside of being a sim is that it's a journey that we all if we want can take a part in by providing a constructive feedback.

I also hope that the community will take the latter from Wags a lesson learned and ease up on ranting, especially on issues that require an inside company knowledge.

Keep up a great work. Obviously only those that don't do anything don’t make mistakes but you can count on my support and gratitude :thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

One of the most important statements to me was: "We plan to release DCS World 2.5 in the coming weeks!"

In past releases it became quiter and quiter, when the key day came closer and a few weeks before it, the curtain dropped and a few months were added to the development process. But this time I am very very optimistic :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Couldn't agree more. First great thanks to ED and all 3’rd parties involved for bringing us the best simulator. Thanks to you many of us can realize their dreams and cultivate a great hobby which goes much beyond just flying in the sim. For me every module that comes to DCS is a great opportunity to study the plane development and operational usage history. What differentiates and what I like in DCS comparing to other titles obviously aside of being a sim is that it's a journey that we all if we want can take a part in by providing a constructive feedback.

I also hope that the community will take the latter from Wags a lesson learned and ease up on ranting, especially on issues that require an inside company knowledge.

Keep up a great work. Obviously only those that don't do anything don’t make mistakes but you can count on my support and gratitude :thumbup:

Very well said Sir!:thumbup:

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

That's really great and most anticipated news!

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Thanks ED, for your clarification the realization of your dreams allow people like me to approach a world that in reality was not possible to achieve. Thanks again this helps me in everyday life more than you can imagine.

you are the best... bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Thanks Ed, for the letter, and a big big thanks for all those years making happy to the fly combat simulator fans.

Still remember the day i bought my first Lock on.

And from that day, i never stop flying with your aircrafts and helos.

Comming from the videogame devellopment industry, i know the difficulty of focus in this small area of products, so i really apreciate your efforts.

Thanks a lot , again.

• Like 1