Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

How much time do you spend playing Lock-On?

How much time do you spend playing Lock-On?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How much time do you spend playing Lock-On?

• More than 6 hours daily
    • 4-6 hours
    • 2-4 hours
    • less than 2 hours
    • I don't play Lock-On every day.

Here's the story. I used to play Lock-On for 2-3 hours daily in the week days and even 4-5 hours in the weekends and holidays. I(and the online people I was flying with) considered my skills as 'very good'. Without going further in details, my job took me away of my PC for almost 6 months. When I came back online in HL in december I found out that my skills were all gone. I was about to celebrate each time I managed to shoot somebody. From a couple of weeks I have throttle back at work and I have more times for my hobby now. Slowly I'm getting back on the track(I can hear =RvE=Paploo and USSR_SuperMutt laughing:D) so this process makes me curious about what's the average time you people spend playing our sim, either on- or offline.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I have been playing arround 2 hours a day, but that is going to end. New job.

Note that I already removed my moto from my sig: No, Job, no wife, no car, no money...NO PROBLEMS! :D

^^^Not aplicable anymore. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

With my unpredictably gimpy X45 throttle acting up on me- I have not been playing everyday, but I did last night for about 4 hours. Damned frustrating.. I want to complete a CH setup bad, but can't get it right this minute..

Rugg and / or Revvin - I might PM you a couple of questions when I find a few bucks and am ready to make a move. The X52 has the rotaries, which I am VERY used to, but I'm tired of fighting with semi crappy equipment..

With my unpredictably gimpy X45 throttle acting up on me- I have not been playing everyday, but I did last night for about 4 hours. Damned frustrating.. I want to complete a CH setup bad, but can't get it right this minute..

Rugg and / or Revvin - I might PM you a couple of questions when I find a few bucks and am ready to make a move. The X52 has the rotaries, which I am VERY used to, but I'm tired of fighting with semi crappy equipment..

I got X52...good peice of kit, Im a bit outgunned compared to others but not too much I think :) I have tried CH myself (my brother has a complete setup), and thats a serious pice of kit as well, damned hard to program everything and the handling takes a while to get used, specialy the axis transition, but I hear once the habituation is achieved you got the best stuff to fight it out.

I wished CH came about with their new F-18 HOTAS already, perhaps then they would get every design aspects corrected more to my likings.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I'd love to play it more, but kids, work and real life get in the way...

Much Like EscCtrl, I try to play when I can, and when I can it's usually for a good few hours...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I try to get in some much needed practice every day, but that doesn't happen... so no, not every day...

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I only fly twice a week for a total of 3...4 hours (weekly) with my team then I spend a lot more time practicing formation flight with FS2004 following my lead track made with fsrecorder or with other online friends (using ibnet)... nicer, harder ( a lot ) and I can fly my big passion, the Frecce Tricolori MB339. I also spend a lot more time flying my RC aircraft and Heli.. and glider...

I'm a bit bored of the lack of developements in Lockon...1 addon every 3 years (or 2 or 4.. I don't remember) ??

Robbie.

zaGURUinzaSKY same here I Fly FSX now for the love of the aircrafts i really like and also il2 to be with myfriends.

100 % agree

I have FSX but I wait for DX10 and Vista... and some patches... my bro is a Microsoft developer and he told me tha there will be 4 to 6 times FPS with the new OS and DX10... (based on the tests they did in MS).

I love to think that ED will consider the advantages of DX10 in next developement stages..

Robbie.

Hope so!

I have FSX but I wait for DX10 and Vista... and some patches... my bro is a Microsoft developer and he told me tha there will be 4 to 6 times FPS with the new OS and DX10... (based on the tests they did in MS).

I love to think that ED will consider the advantages of DX10 in next developement stages..

I sure hope so. My comp is decent (well... not really, look at my sig) But according to the specs on the back of the FSX box it says it should run fine!

A new rig with a Nvidia 7900, vista and DX10 should do the trick. :music_whistling:

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

My average play time would be an hour in a half, but depends on the total time of missions There are Flanker missions that are really long. I fly at least 35 minutes or a single mission offline to keep up my crap proficiency. My play hours that are quite short since still play JF-18 and do my otakuness like watching japanese animation and drawing girls with Flankers

The most stupid member in the forum

I've just recently started to get back to flying Lock On, well since I've just finished building my new rig..

But as always its just in prebuilt missions, I've really become disenchanted with on line play since the old IL2 days with all of the slander that went down at that time..:glare:

But for now I've really gotten to see a lot of new graphics since I started back up with Lock On last week....And I've found that the controls have gotten a lot more responsive as well, it's almost like an entirely new sim..

The same goes for IL2, but for FSX in some cases I still have to lower the settings just a little, its mainly with the jets that I have trouble..

But again its still a lot better now with the new build... :thumbup:

That is actually one off the main reasons for the upgrade, FSX use to stutter a lot and hang, it was a real horror show...

One thing though the graphics in FSX really aren't that good in the 3d pit.. and some of the ground textures look like they need more attention, but maybe with the release of DX10 this all will fall into place..

I have a BFG 8800 which is supposed to be compatible..

Anyway I'm going back to another F-15 mission... :bye_2:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I used to play up to 6 hours a day, but now only 2-3 hours a day on weekends, and completely landed for the last 3 weeks :)

I wish I can play LO more, but there are many other things waiting for me, while I'm playing ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

Here's the story. I used to play Lock-On for 2-3 hours daily in the week days and even 4-5 hours in the weekends and holidays. I(and the online people I was flying with) considered my skills as 'very good'. Without going further in details, my job took me away of my PC for almost 6 months. When I came back online in HL in december I found out that my skills were all gone. I was about to celebrate each time I managed to shoot somebody. From a couple of weeks I have throttle back at work and I have more times for my hobby now. Slowly I'm getting back on the track(I can hear =RvE=Paploo and USSR_SuperMutt laughing:D) so this process makes me curious about what's the average time you people spend playing our sim, either on- or offline.

defininitly tooooooo often :cry: :music_whistling: :pilotfly: :smilewink: but it is true, just a lil time out of it and u loose skills very fast .....

someone said..... " if u stop trying getting better you stop being good "

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use to play extensively, 2-3 hours a day until last few months. I was transferred to a new job and now I usually return home very late and too tired to be concentrated enough for any serious flying out there.

I also had to reinstall Win XP and had to patch-up and customize LO so it took a lot of time as well.

Now I'm more into installing and testing various mods (like Walmis' F-15, MBot's Static objects pack etc.) than logging flight hours.

I'm also creating a massive campaign (recon, airwar, ground war) with new 3D models by MBot with 54 sorties and each mission takes 4 or 5 hours (planning, creating, testing) of work in average to be fully prepared for combat.

But I don't lack flying and I never will. I fly usually every other day for 1-1.5 hours...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I play quite a lot. Mainly single player or COOP. I don't tend to do MP with live adversaries because I have got fed up with amraam spammers. Fair enough you can just about evade 2 or maybe 3 but then the other 3 or 4 of the six he fired at you.......nuf said!

Plus my other half lives 390mile away so I don't get bitched at woooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!

I wish it was 390miles!!!! Typo guys its 30mile away but hell I still get to fiddle with lomac on a daily basis!