VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that randomly there will be a tons of buttons marked as pressed in the VKB software (all most recent versions) until it is reset through the software. Not sure if this is a known bug with the firmware?

I've had this issue as well, see this thread:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2959&sid=c457c7fcc187a137e62241ffe7333ad9

I ended up installing a beta firmware (found on the above thread) and that fixed the issue.

Hopefully VKB should release updated firmware/software soon? This bug, as well as full functionality for the MCG trigger have been in limbo for a while now.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2959&sid=c457c7fcc187a137e62241ffe7333ad9

I ended up installing a beta firmware (found on the above thread) and that fixed the issue.

Hopefully VKB should release updated firmware/software soon? This bug, as well as full functionality for the MCG trigger have been in limbo for a while now.

Ah, cool. I will hold off until it releases... since it is only unused buttons it doesn't really bother me.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

We're on it. Please bear, we need a bit of time and we are hurrying up.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Things settling down over there at VKB or still madness? :joystick:

Some madness is good for bizzznis :)

We're having big plans for the year of the Dog, so there are many things we're trying to handle.

Of course giving people stable and reliable firmware is near the top of the list.

But there are other things, too - also on the top...

The craze of the first weeks after MCG hit the market is over, thanks Dog!

More coming...

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Some madness is good for bizzznis :)

We're having big plans for the year of the Dog, so there are many things we're trying to handle.

Of course giving people stable and reliable firmware is near the top of the list.

But there are other things, too - also on the top...

The craze of the first weeks after MCG hit the market is over, thanks Dog!

More coming...

Nice! I am sure it will be another round of madness once that throttle comes out... I cannot wait!

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Nice! I am sure it will be another round of madness once that throttle comes out... I cannot wait!

You and pretty much everyone else, haha :thumbup:

I'm pumped for it.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

You and pretty much everyone else, haha :thumbup:

I'm pumped for it.

Me too, totally so. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I did notice if the trigger is multi contact or just a simple push to activate model it would be nice to have a dual contact trigger half way for one action then completely depressed for another action.

The MCG PRO's metal trigger has a MaRS sensor and acts like an axis that can have multiple virtual buttons assigned along its way of travel. There's also a physical button at the end of travel.

You should read the official VKBdevCcfg manual to learn more: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/NJoy32_2_8_En.pdf

• Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As it is there, it does not have twist.

The MCG grip is supposed to get a twist adapter.

The only place to buy VKB products in EU is from here. Gladiator Pro Mk. II + MCG is not in stock there, either.

I'll advise you to go for the Gunfighter base instead of Gladiator Pro Mk. II base. It uses the new connector (3-pin Rev. B) for the grips.

I just updated firmware, but I must be missing something. Can anyone point me to where I can change to reg to increase the number of buttons that I can use? I dont see it anymore in the VKB Device Config. I used to have access to reg 11, but I cant see where to change that now and all of those buttons are grayed out. Im sure its something simple, but can't find it.

I just updated firmware, but I must be missing something. Can anyone point me to where I can change to reg to increase the number of buttons that I can use? I dont see it anymore in the VKB Device Config. I used to have access to reg 11, but I cant see where to change that now and all of those buttons are grayed out. Im sure its something simple, but can't find it.

You might have to choose Generic Device (rather than MCG) for the grip; that should open up a lot more buttons.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I have the Gunfighter Mk.I (regular, not pro) and considering getting the MCG PRO when it's released in europe if i can get hold of the stick extension for it, but they don't list the extension in the european store :(.

I understand that the 3-pin connector used in the Gunfighter Mk.I has been replaced with a Rev.B in the new new Mk.II Gunfighter and that VKB are focusing on the new connector from now on.

My worries are that by the time the next grip or accessory comes out down the road the old revision 3-pin will be unsupported.

Has there been any statement on this?

I'm very happy with the Gunfighter base. It's the best gimbal i've tried, and i use it with the Warthog and KG-12 (i would love a metal KG-12!) grips, so i was hoping it would get upgrade support for a few years atleast.

I know they have grips listed on the na site for the old pin setup maybe they will either build an adapter from the old 3 pin to the new rev b setup or even build an extension that mates to the old base but accepts the new grips since the connectors are they only divaition between the two setups.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I also seem to be having issues where when the my PC is on for awhile buttons on my Gunfighter get stuck on for some reason. Unplugging it and plugging it back in fixes it. Any idea why this is happening? Tried a couple different USB ports. When the buttons are stuck on they are unresponsive in game and in the vkbdevfg software until its replugged in.

I also seem to be having issues where when the my PC is on for awhile buttons on my Gunfighter get stuck on for some reason. Unplugging it and plugging it back in fixes it. Any idea why this is happening? Tried a couple different USB ports. When the buttons are stuck on they are unresponsive in game and in the vkbdevfg software until its replugged in.

VKB acknowledged this is a bug and next firmware should sort it out. Until then just go into VKBDevCfg and click Reset. Should fix it.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

FYI - VKB HQ released a new version of their firmware update software "ZBootloader-C"; you can download it from their FTP Site - click here.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Any word on the stock for VKB - EU ? We received no news on the "upcoming" stock, no pre-order has started and no new site has been launched. Is there any chance to have MGC gunfighter, and rudder pedals in stock near the end of march/beginning of april ? Thanks.

Edited by Slims

Any word on the stock for VKB - EU ? We received no news on the "upcoming" stock, no pre-order has started and no new site has been launched. Is there any chance to have MGC gunfighter, and rudder pedals in stock near the end of march/beginning of april ? Thanks.

I join the request. Any news for the EU market?

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus