VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

New firmware still set for today? Hoping that fixes my issue before I have to send it in.

Testing. I would say, just go ahead sending it; by the time you get it back the FW will sure have been released, so you will save a day or two.

Testing takes some time, hope you understand. We were shown to a bug we omitted, we don't enjoy being pointed at our omissions.

:huh:

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing. I would say, just go ahead sending it; by the time you get it back the FW will sure have been released, so you will save a day or two.

Testing takes some time, hope you understand. We were shown to a bug we omitted, we don't enjoy being pointed at our omissions.

:huh:

Oh I def understand. I should get the parts I need to take the stick apart today, if that doesn't help I will get in contact with Rrhode and work out the shipping info.

I appreciate all the help. :)

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

AliExpress charges 76 USD to ship the GF Pro + MCG Pro to Norway with DHL Express, which is almost 40 USD more than you paid. Not sure if there's a visa charge though. 40 USD for money transfer..ouch. Atleast you (probably) don't have to pay Norwegian VAT on that.

Also, hello from west-coast of Norway o/

Hello there! I live way up north in Finnmark, which is one of the reasons I was so impressed with the quick delivery from VKB.

The 9% charge for the money transfer is kind of steep. There was also an option for bank transfer using BankID, which was only 10 USD. But I chose Visa, figuring it would be safer.

Don't know about the VAT though. I'll probably get a bill in the mail. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. Anyhow, the stick is definetively worth whatever it'll end up costing!

Sent fra min D6503 via Tapatalk

Q1:

Where can I get proper documentation, or a video, on changing cams and springs for the gunfighter pro? I have only seen this so far:

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/Gunfighter-Quick-Operations-Guide.pdf

Atm the stick is too floppy to let it go. I have to hold it very precisely, constantly. If I don't, the plane will wander around considerably as the stick flops around. I'd like it to re-centre on it's own fairly strongly so I can trim it for hands off, and "let go", or almost so.

What would you suggest? Strongest #50 springs? The #30 cams? Dampers? Both?

Q2a:

Also, this might not be the right place to ask, but... in DCS the pinky button I have assigned to nose wheel steering (F15C). On my last stick, you hold that button for high gain steering. Now, on the mcg pro, I get high gain withOUT pressing it - it's always on. Holding the button puts it back to low gain. Not sure how it got reversed. Any idea how to fix that?

Q2b:

Also, without pressing the pinky (so, in high gain mode by default) it doesn't turn nearly as tight as it used to. It's like "half" high gain if that makes sense. It is definitely tighter than without NWS, but not tight as it should be. Ideas? DCS hasn't been updated since the old stick, and that worked just fine.

Q3:

How do I make POV2 (Gate Cont) act as a 4 or 8 way hat, like Master Mode? I've gone to "POVs", set #2 to LoRes 8w, "Set", but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thank you.

Edited by SneakyBastd

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

@SneakyBastd:

Here's a link that contains a VKB-made video about accessing the gimbal and changing cams for the Gladiator Pro Mk.II, which has a very similar gimbal when it comes to accessing cams and springs: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-gladiator

Also, when using an extension, I would highly recommend using #50 springs (1x per axis) for a more solid feel (that's what I am doing with my Gunfighter Mk.II Pro + MCG). These #50 springs are there to be used with the extension in the first place.

I still love the feeling from the #10 cams, so I left them as is. Me personally, I just dialed out the clutch until I barely noticed it - this works for me in DCS for helos, warbirds, and jets alike.

Hope this helps a little.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Q1:

Q3:

How do I make POV2 (Gate Cont) act as a 4 or 8 way hat, like Master Mode? I've gone to "POVs", set #2 to LoRes 8w, "Set", but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Have a look here:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?p=28475#p28475

Works like a charm. But FYI, I left it as it is, and it works great as a slew control for modules that support TDC/TGP/etc. axis slewing (e.g., Gazelle, Su-25)

FYI - updated the 3rd post of this thread with a (hopefully) useful writeup that puts the 3 tasks needed to get the MCG/MCG PRO to work with the Gunfighter Mk.I into a single document; this was compiled from the various useful posts made here and on the VKB forum:

• How to get your MCG/MCG PRO to work with your Gunfighter Mk.I -
click here to have a look.

(if I missed anything, please let me know)

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ok UIV.. got the multimeter. So, first I tried connecting the 3 cables from the stick directly to the base as seen in the below image and still got the flashing red light. In continuity mode I am getting a signal on each of the 3 wires with the stick connected to the base... so at least we know the connection from the base to the stick is good.

If you have any other requests let me know. :)

BXMzxp1.jpg

Edited by StandingCow

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Thankyou rrohde and bearfoot! Much appreciated.

Edit: I replaced the springs with #50, and it has definitely helped. But the stick is still fairly light, and flops around centre a bit. This makes sense, as at centre the springs are under minimum compression so have least effect there. I'm going to try the #30 cams later, see how that feels.

Got GateCont to work as 4 way hat, thanks for bearfoot.

Edited by SneakyBastd

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

New FIRMWARE - please update. New CONFIGURATOR, defaulting simplified.

Good morning pilots,

IMPORTANT FIRMWARE UPDATE

HERE you can/should/must download the new FW.

There are 3 files in the archive. Choose the one you need.

• suport for GF-MCG
  • support for GF-MCG Pro
  • support for GF-KG12

MCG and MCGPro FWs also support KG12 grip. REMEMBER that "support" does NOT mean anything like "switch the grips, and go on flying in less than 30 seconds". No, it means "switch the grips, re-assign the grips in Configurator, load the profile, then go on flying".

HERE you can/should download the new configurator.

default button shown (no need to type anything to unhide it)

Do not forget to default the system after FW update, and re-calibrate the stick after defaulting the system.

Edited by AeroGator

>

AeroGator

Good morning pilots,

IMPORTANT FIRMWARE UPDATE

HERE you can/should/must download the new FW.

There are 3 files in the archive. Choose the one you need.

• suport for GF-MCG
  • support for GF-MCG Pro
  • support for GF-KG12

MCG and MCGPro FWs also support KG12 grip. REMEMBER that "support" does NOT mean anything like "switch the grips, and go on flying in less than 30 seconds". No, it means "switch the grips, re-assign the grips in Configurator, load the profile, then go on flying".

HERE you can/should download the new configurator.

default button shown (no need to type anything to unhide it)

Do not forget to default the system after FW update, and re-calibrate the stick after defaulting the system.

Is there a how-to on installing new firmware? Also, is there a change log for changes made in the firmware and Configurator?

Is there a how-to on installing new firmware?
Yes there is, many, in many places. Search helps!

Also, is there a change log for changes made in the firmware and Configurator?
No we don't do that, but this particular update is pretty important, take it from me.

>

AeroGator

Went through the steps, including new configurator etc.

After flashing completed in ZBootloader, a dialog box asking for Windows permission opened over another window, and kept flickering without letting me click anything (as if the dialog box was being continuously opened). And then the program crashed, and just before it did, sure enough, in the task bar I could see dozens or maybe tens of dozens of windows open before they all closed.

HOWEVER, despite the above glitch, everything seemed to work, i.e. firmware updated to new version and buttons etc. all working fine. Not sure if worth reporting as bug/issue?

Went through the steps, including new configurator etc.

After flashing completed in ZBootloader, a dialog box asking for Windows permission opened over another window, and kept flickering without letting me click anything (as if the dialog box was being continuously opened). And then the program crashed, and just before it did, sure enough, in the task bar I could see dozens or maybe tens of dozens of windows open before they all closed.

HOWEVER, despite the above glitch, everything seemed to work, i.e. firmware updated to new version and buttons etc. all working fine. Not sure if worth reporting as bug/issue?

Did you run it as admin? I haven't done the upgrade yet since I am at work.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Not sure if worth reporting as bug/issue?
Everything is worth reporting, thank you.

Even if this glitch is machine-specific, and no one else reports it - we're better off knowing it than not.

OK, what you can do in this situation? - you can roll back to the previous version of the VKBDev utility, as anyway you know how to default the system, and this little simplification doesn't mean too much to you.

Important is the new FW.

I will bring your report to the attention of the VKBDev guys.

Thanks!

>

AeroGator

Well crap,

Decided I would go ahead with this - guess one can't have too many quality sticks, plus I have had this new Gunfighter with the Pro kit sitting here new in the box for several months. I need to do something with it.

Just ordered the extended version of the Monster Tech mount for it, will order the MCG Pro when it is available again. Will use my existing Monster Tech standard mount for my Warthog throttle.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just ordered the extended version of the Monster Tech mount for it

Don I know it wasn't an easy decision, and we appreciate it and thank you for giving our product a chance.

Let me whisper it in your ear: think how long you could bear it without a mount. If you think you could for some time, then you might want to quickly cancel the MT order. No, I'm not pushing; no, I'm not luring you into anything. But you might see some announcement tomorrow that theoretically might shift your focus a bit away from MT.

:music_whistling:

(I posted this literally from bed, so there will be no more news till tmrw, sorry people)

>

AeroGator

Don I know it wasn't an easy decision, and we appreciate it and thank you for giving our product a chance.

Let me whisper it in your ear: think how long you could bear it without a mount. If you think you could for some time, then you might want to quickly cancel the MT order. No, I'm not pushing; no, I'm not luring you into anything. But you might see some announcement tomorrow that theoretically might shift your focus a bit away from MT.

:music_whistling:

(I posted this literally from bed, so there will be no more news till tmrw, sorry people)

Lol, that would be about my luck.

I do appreciate the tip, however it has already been purchased and charged to CC so I will just let it be. I am getting a throttle plate with it for my Warthog throttle anyway, to use on the standard mount I have, guess helps a little on shipping.

Hopefully by the time the MT mount gets here, the new grip will either be here or on the way and I can get to trying it out right away.

I do thank you however, it was tempting!

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok UIV.. got the multimeter. So, first I tried connecting the 3 cables from the stick directly to the base as seen in the below image and still got the flashing red light. In continuity mode I am getting a signal on each of the 3 wires with the stick connected to the base... so at least we know the connection from the base to the stick is good.

If you have any other requests let me know. :)

BXMzxp1.jpg

Not that I expected it to... but the newest firmware didn't help with my issue. Looks like the connection to the stick is ok but the stick itself is faulty.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo