[RESOLVED]MetaShader build error (x86) folder

ET22RULZ

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this happen to everyone due to a dcs issue or just some people? Im still downloading.

thanks

It doesn't affect everyone. If it did, I suspect this thread would be ten times as big by now.

With any luck, you might be one of the many who are not affected.

I have the problem on my setup.

I have steam install and I have verified the files are all good.

Deferred shading was and is on.

Error that stops the fun is reported as:

2018-04-25 23:54:58.838 INFO RENDERER: Compile shader metashaders/terrain/varyhouselod.fx|metashaders/transformmodifiers/transform_vertinstanser.meta.hlsl|CLIPMAP_NORMAL_MAP=;CLIPMAP_SHADOW_MAP=;COLORCLIPMAP_ALPHA_IS_AO=;COLOR_CLIPMAP=;DIRECTX11=true;LAKE_COLORCLIPMAP=;NOISE_OP=PhotoshopOverlay;PBR_TEXTURES=;SPLATMAP=;STRUCTURED_INPUT=;SURFACE5=;TAD_CLIPMAP=;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;USE_TERRAIN_PALETTE=|

2018-04-25 23:54:58.850 ERROR RENDERER: Failed to build metashader: metashaders/terrain/varyhouselod.fx|metashaders/transformmodifiers/transform_vertinstanser.meta.hlsl|CLIPMAP_NORMAL_MAP=;CLIPMAP_SHADOW_MAP=;COLORCLIPMAP_ALPHA_IS_AO=;COLOR_CLIPMAP=;DIRECTX11=true;LAKE_COLORCLIPMAP=;NOISE_OP=PhotoshopOverlay;PBR_TEXTURES=;SPLATMAP=;STRUCTURED_INPUT=;SURFACE5=;TAD_CLIPMAP=;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;USE_TERRAIN_PALETTE=|

Reason: MetaShader compile failed: metashaders/terrain/varyhouselod.fx|metashaders/transformmodifiers/transform_vertinstanser.meta.hlsl|CLIPMAP_NORMAL_MAP=;CLIPMAP_SHADOW_MAP=;COLORCLIPMAP_ALPHA_IS_AO=;COLOR_CLIPMAP=;DIRECTX11=true;LAKE_COLORCLIPMAP=;NOISE_OP=PhotoshopOverlay;PBR_TEXTURES=;SPLATMAP=;STRUCTURED_INPUT=;SURFACE5=;TAD_CLIPMAP=;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;USE_TERRAIN_PALETTE=|Shader "metashaders/terrain/varyhouselod.fx|metashaders/transformmodifiers/transform_vertinstanser.meta.hlsl|CLIPMAP_NORMAL_MAP=;CLIPMAP_SHADOW_MAP=;COLORCLIPMAP_ALPHA_IS_AO=;COLOR_CLIPMAP=;DIRECTX11=true;LAKE_COLORCLIPMAP=;NOISE_OP=PhotoshopOverlay;PBR_TEXTURES=;SPLATMAP=;STRUCTURED_INPUT=;SURFACE5=;TAD_CLIPMAP=;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;USE_TERRAIN_PALETTE=|" failed to compile. Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld\\Bazar/shaders/metashaders/terrain/varyhouselod.fx(392,19-92): warning X3206: 'HackAlbedoWhenSunIsCloseToZenithAngle': implicit truncation of vector type

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld\\Bazar/shaders/metashaders/terrain/varyhouselod.fx(459,21-98): warning X3206: 'Sample': implicit truncation of vector type

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld\\Bazar/shaders/metashaders/terrain/varyhouselod.fx(460,25-111): warning X3206: 'SampleBias': implicit truncation of vector type

./Bazar/shaders/metashaders/shadingModels/shadingModel_MapTex.decomposed.meta.hlsl(12,6-12): error X3000: unrecognized identifier 'Program'

Same issue here. Metashaders failed to build.

Vanilla install. No mods, ran repair.

No Deferred Shading option in menu

i76700K, 32Gbs DDR4 RAM, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500Gbs, nVidia 980

Edited by ST0RM

Tried a fresh install to no avail. Get same error in single or multiplayer. Seems to be every module as well.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.6ghz (Noctua D14)

Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo

Adata 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3

MSI Geforce GTX 970 (x2) SLI

Windows 10

DX 12.0

I have the same issue. I validated files on Steam and it reported it needed to reacquire a file. Afterwards, it still didn't work. I use only stock install, no mods or anything.

v6,

boNeserror.jpg

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• ED Team

Guys, can you attach your dxdiag.txt?

BTW - can you update your DirectX?

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Hello,

I keep getting crashes after downloading 2.5.1 openbeta while trying to enter a server or mission editor. The crash happens on all maps while loading the first .ref file.

Things I've tried already which didn't help:

- deleting the contents of metashader folder

- repairing my install through Steam

Here's a screenshot of the error message:

error_1.jpg

I see I am not alone with this negative issue.

I don't use Steam.

I cannot even load into Single Player for Cold Startup with Mirage.

I freeze up with the above stated message less the Steam lingo.

Ditto trying to get onto the Blue Flag server in Multiplayer.

Tried a repair via this method >>>

Prior to the OpenBeta update, I was doing fine!

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Morning all

Please update your directx

and attach your dxdiags

the Dev team need more info

when I have something to share with you I will pass it on

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
how to find dxdiag txt ? mine is updated to latest version

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START" in windows

2. click "run" or search for

3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"

4. check through the tabs and perform all tests

5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok Ive done a complete steam uninstall, Im waiting for it to download.

I completely deleted my saved files folders, and the AJ37 extra one, ran a ccleaner scan for registry errors prior to restarting the steam installation process..

Ill be back after a few hours with results.

Something I did notice dxdiag is only reporting 16 gb of Ram when i have 24 and I confirmed that in bios I have 24 working

Could this be an issue with people running low on hd space and or pagefile also.

Just trying to find a connection between us all

This is the first time for me such a crash with DCS ive always been reasonably stable or at least able to play

Edited by scampaboy

• ED Team
Could this be an issue with people running low on hd space and or pagefile also.

Just trying to find a connection between us all

I dont think so, I am still looking for something common that ties it all together.

A report has been made, we are attaching all the info we have to it for the Dev team

• ED Team
Just been through a complete reinstall, deleted all traces of previous DCS and i still have the error

thanks for letting us know

• ED Team

can you let us know, do you have DCS installed in

Program Files (x86) folder ?

if so change / move DCS to a different location and test

let us know if it helps

edit: running DCS with admin permissions may help also

Edited by BIGNEWY

can you let us know, do you have DCS installed in

Program Files (x86) folder ?

if so change / move DCS to a different location and test

let us know if it helps

I am just moving 170Gb of installation across drives to test this theory for you.

• ED Team
I am just moving 170Gb of installation across drives to test this theory for you.

Thanks, we appreciate it