Hornet update?

Ragnar65

Are we still not able to hot rearm within missions and have the new load-out incorporated into the stores management? I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we still not able to hot rearm within missions and have the new load-out incorporated into the stores management? I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

That was fixed last week.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• ED Team
Does that mean that realism corners are being cut to make things more user-friendly? I would find that a darn shame:(

If this is true, why would ED implement this in today's patch?

I saw it, same question applies. Why ED implemented this new feature when it worked realistic before?

If you do not have throttles like in the real aircraft, there will be a small reduction in realism in any case. We simply added the option to decide, which part of realism is overboard. :joystick:

Is that extended in the literal sense I wonder because when you are actually hooked up to the catapult and ready to go, the bar is in the retracted state in the cockpit.

Launch bar position is used, not the switch. When the launch bar is connected to shuttle, even with the switch in up position, the bar will remain extended.

That was fixed last week.

Awesome, thanks. Can't wait to get stuck in again :-)

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

I've tried loading DCS a few times since the update was announced this afternoon, but the auto updater hasn't ran. Still have 2.52.18307.

I've tried rebooting the PC.

Any ideas?

Make the update manually: Win 10 start menu -> Eagle Dynamics -> DCS Open Beta update

CoBlue for me now the difference when extending flaps is like day and night. No more sudden sink anymore.

I suggest you to run a repair or test again more in deep.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Happy with the flaps adjustment quite a lot. Now I'm having a much easier time trimming for AoA just need to remember the right time to bring the power back up. Did an airfield pattern too while maintaining nice and level while dirty and then a case 1 without issues. So I'm very glad I'm not longer fighting the drag!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Does that mean that realism corners are being cut to make things more user-friendly? I would find that a darn shame:(

Are you serious? How about we remove the ability to zoom. You know its also unrealistic to have gear lever mapped on the throttle base so that should be made impossible too. And now that we are at it we should make the game uninstall if you die? :doh:

Good job ED bringing out the updates :thumbup:

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Are you serious? How about we remove the ability to zoom. You know its also unrealistic to have gear lever mapped on the throttle base so that should be made impossible too. And now that we are at it we should make the game uninstall if you die? :doh:

Good job ED bringing out the updates :thumbup:

It was merely a question, not a statement. You can notice that by the "?" mark at the end of the sentence. Also, in the following posts it was already clarified that it is as per the real plane with the 32lbs push through to get into AB.

Take a deep breath and relax.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Nope, only cosmetic for now, stated by bignewy

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

really?, Im surprised they just released just cosmetic effect but if bignewy said that then its ok.

Well, I expected that it already would as I was told that it will, not when though.

Yeah, same here, we'll have to wait a bit more.

Btw, talking about the FM...did any of you noticed that "sometimes" the roll rate at the same config seems to change from one mission load to another??...I have no evidences nor Im 100% sure of this, but after loading several times the same mission the roll rate felt different inmediately after starting it...I loaded just an empty Hornet (with pylons), press start mission and make some rolls...it feels somewhat "slow" (the pylons seems to be heavy in the f-18)...then I exit mission and load again and the roll feels faster and snapier now...

Again, Im not certain of this and maybe its just a perception but I would swear it was the case so I wonder if any of you guys have thought the same?

Take a look at my MODS here

Realism corners are always being cut to make things more user-friendly. You shouldn't worry about that.

@Ahmed. PA mode feels just the same :D

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

CoBlue for me now the difference when extending flaps is like day and night. No more sudden sink anymore.

I suggest you to run a repair or test again more in deep.

If you do the same test like in the A.E.W's video https://youtu.be/ynUj60zicDw?t=5m26s you'll still get an initial nose-down pitch. Not -1200f/m as before, now it's -300f/m.

Yes it's allot better then before! But you still get an initial pitch-down instead of pitch-up moment....WIP on the FM still I guess.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

So we agree there is a substantial change in the right direction

Cheers.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If you do the same test like in the A.E.W's video https://youtu.be/ynUj60zicDw?t=5m26s you'll still get an initial nose-down pitch. Not -1200f/m as before, now it's -300f/m.

Yes it's allot better then before! But you still get an initial pitch-down instead of pitch-up moment....WIP on the FM still I guess.

The pitch down is from you losing speed. Once gear is down you are quickly slowing down. When I engage full flaps I start going up. Use the stick/trim to make your velocity vector align with the horizon line right before you deploy full flaps. You will see that you start going up once full flaps are deployed. During the process of the flaps coming down, you will sink a bit since you are losing speed. Center your nose then deploy flaps.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

So we agree there is a substantial change in the right direction

Cheers.

Yes, it is. But I truly hope they don't stop there until they get it just right, because I don't think the FCS is supposed to fight the pilot, it's supposed to make his life easier.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

There probably still needs to be an adjustment to the FM but you can use the stick pitch to center and align your nose, with gear down, just don't use the stick pitch once you are full flaps and gear down.

I did several landings yesterday vfr airfield approach, straight in, and case 1, and as long as you are aligned with the nose at horizon line when deploying flaps, after they full come down you begin to pitch up.

If you notice you are sinking as soon as you deploy them, bring some power in like before the flaps patch came in.