Can't find the bad guys

Biga42

Can't find the enemy aircrafts...I'm not using labels and don't want to, can't see them and can't find them on radar either...Have saw the videos, but in all the instructional videos the bandits are not dog fighting or attacking, they are like sitting ducks. Will be appreciate engaging videos with bandits at least in expertise AI.

Any help are welcome!

Thanks.

Can't find the enemy aircrafts...I'm not using labels and don't want to, can't see them and can't find them on radar either...Have saw the videos, but in all the instructional videos the bandits are not dog fighting or attacking, they are like sitting ducks. Will be appreciate engaging videos with bandits at least in expertise AI.

Any help are welcome!

Thanks.

Turn on the labels for now in options

System info ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Re : videos , try the grim reapers on utube . Lotsa combat both pvp and ai .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Use AWACS if available, should give you a hint.

Spudknocker has a good tutorial of Mission Editor in Youtube...I made one mission based in his tutorial and added an AWACS, but comm with it it's not working well. Attached is the mission, if someone could give a hint of what is wrong will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Set your radar to 4-bar, 80deg, range to 80 and memory to 8 (click data, then press top right button to cycle, it'll be 2 by default). That should give you a decent shot at seeing what's in front of you on your radar - either use F10 or AWACs to help point you in the right direction and then scan with your radar.

Can't find the bad guys

From what I understand there are many other mechanics at play for the reasons why you can/can’t see bandits on radar. I suggest watching radar tutorials on YouTube. One phenomenon is when a bandit is flanking your radar it does have an effect of less radar return if it’s a Doppler radar but that’s the F-15C I believe. I too have times of difficulty searching for bandits. Even with AWACS on station!

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Set your radar to 4-bar, 80deg, range to 80 and memory to 8 (click data, then press top right button to cycle, it'll be 2 by default). That should give you a decent shot at seeing what's in front of you on your radar - either use F10 or AWACs to help point you in the right direction and then scan with your radar.

Thanks! this memory stuff I didn't know I'll try tonigth. Regarding F10 is the same as labels on and I dont want to.

I could but don't want because is not suppose the way it is in real life...I want to learn the Technics involved in this.

Then AWACS is your best friend...the only other way I can visually see them is if I get lucky enough to see their exhaust plumes...otherwise , you're trying to find a "microdot" on a moving geographical canvas....I'd rather "Overlord, this is Uzi 1-1, requesting Bogey Dope"

I'd suggest you set yourself up with a few training scenarios in the mission editor. It may not be realistic, but start out simple. An enemy craft on a known course at the same altitude as you. That makes sure you get the radar set up and fix a contact. Next, set it to different altitudes (or, if you are script-wise inclined, make it random), so you can get a hang of the bar settings and the elevation adjustment.

F/A-18 radar is actually pretty good as long as you are not trying to lock anything.

generally i have little trouble finding targets at ~60nm regardless if they are high or low.

are you adjusting your antenna elevation to cover the spots you want to look? you're going to have to be adjusting that in a pattern basically constantly if you want to find stuff that's outside your current scan. granted, 40-60nm~ scan zone is very wide.

Personal Hello,

I have a doubt, yesterday while flying an F18 mission, there was a MiG 23 spike my 12 hours, 60 miles, as AWACS reported.

Despite the MiG 23 this on my RWR I could not find it on my radar.

I set altitude and others according to information.

Finally, I ended up being killed by the same one, in DogFight, because I did not find him at all on the radar.

What did I do wrong?

And what can I do to better find the targets on the radar?

Thank for the help guys.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Personal Hello,

I have a doubt, yesterday while flying an F18 mission, there was a MiG 23 spike my 12 hours, 60 miles, as AWACS reported.

Finally, I ended up being killed by the same one, in DogFight, because I did not find him at all on the radar.

What did I do wrong?

Thank for the help guys.

FWIW (and coming from me about the Hornet not much) I find that in addition to what Backspace340 noted in his post above: Backspace340's Post, if I move my nose slightly above and below the horizon line as I search, the radar seems to pick contacts up much sooner. It shouldn't work that way but it does right now.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Personal Hello,

What did I do wrong?

Thank for the help guys.

Easiest way to see what went wrong might be to watch the track with labels enabled and using F10 map. You can see where the bandit actually was.

I haven't got too big issues finding bandits with F/A-18 so far (losing them when cranking is more of an issue for me), moving nose up and down does help, but I think it's just the amateurish way of searching different altitudes? Or maybe the altitude setting is bugged? (I don't have enough buttons on my throttle to set radar altitude, so I just slowly pitch up and down when ever I try to find hostiles.)

Any help are welcome!

Thanks.

As for labels, i suggest you to grab one of the DCS's label mods. The Labels.uai file is just a textfile and can be modified. The stock labels are way too cheaty, but community has made bunch of better labels, some help just barely, some more. Turning your head with trackir, let alone hat, watching world thru a regular PC screen just makes labeling justified, what ever purists say.

As for labels, i suggest you to grab one of the DCS's label mods. The Labels.uai file is just a textfile and can be modified. The stock labels are way too cheaty, but community has made bunch of better labels, some help just barely, some more. Turning your head with trackir, let alone hat, watching world thru a regular PC screen just makes labeling justified, what ever purists say.

Thanks!

Edited by Biga42
I found the answer myself

Easiest way to see what went wrong might be to watch the track with labels enabled and using F10 map. You can see where the bandit actually was.

That would require a working track function in the first place. It doesn't like carriers at the moment.

But anyway the much harder thing is to actually get visuals which is almost impossible in DCS due to the nature of 1px² dots and total lack of contrast on TFT screens.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg