VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

5 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

hmm initial load times are high but theey have always been that way for me,  i do get that with new assets but its considerably shorter, not seeing additional jaggies on the hud though i know Iain says he gets a big Z through the raddar track.... or pauses on Maverick launches ... not sure about the smoothing in what mode is it not being smooth... did HAGS get turned on ?

HAGS is always off.  Ghosting from SteamVR motion smoothing is more apparent with this mod.  Like what I posted while back below.  This doesn't happen or is very minimal without the mod despite higher ms.

Edited by Taz1004

very odd! i'm definately not seeing that but i normally only use my clear water version off the mod... but i havent seen anything like that, certainly not in the KA 50

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

42 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

very odd! i'm definately not seeing that but i normally only use my clear water version off the mod... but i havent seen anything like that, certainly not in the KA 50

I should try your version as my suspicion is on the GBuffer.

i too run this version and get extremely long load times, much longer than I got in 2.5.6.  I've been running Mustang's Caucasus terrain textures as well, but I don't think that's it, as the long load times affect other maps too.  I thought that perhaps since 2.7 the habit of deleting fxo and metashaders2 folders after each patch was hurting me, so I don't do that anymore.

i get alot of these type of messages in the dcs.log, i assumed they are symptoms of why it takes so long to load in:

2021-05-19 00:03:20.520 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Can't find precompiled shader model/def_material.fx:BLEND_MODE=1;DECAL_UV=tc1;DIFFUSE_UV=tc0;DIRECTX11=true;METROUGH_MAP;NORMAL_SIZE=3;SPECULAR_UV=tc0;TEXCOORD0_SIZE=2;TEXCOORD1_SIZE=2;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;.
2021-05-19 00:03:20.520 INFO    DX11BACKEND: Compile shader: model/def_material.fx:BLEND_MODE=1;DECAL_UV=tc1;DIFFUSE_UV=tc0;DIRECTX11=true;METROUGH_MAP;NORMAL_SIZE=3;SPECULAR_UV=tc0;TEXCOORD0_SIZE=2;TEXCOORD1_SIZE=2;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;
2021-05-19 00:03:20.524 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl'
2021-05-19 00:03:20.524 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Can't open include file: bazar/shaders/_hmd.hlsl.
2021-05-19 00:03:20.528 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/model/functions/diffuse.hlsl'
2021-05-19 00:03:20.538 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl'
2021-05-19 00:03:20.545 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl'
2021-05-19 00:03:20.548 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl'
2021-05-19 00:03:20.552 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/model/functions/forward_def_ps.hlsl'
2021-05-19 00:03:20.552 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Can't open include file: /deferred/_hmd.hlsl.
2021-05-19 00:03:20.553 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl'
2021-05-19 00:03:24.999 ALERT   DX11BACKEND: Error: Can't find precompiled shader for effect model/def_material.fx:BLEND_MODE=1;DECAL_UV=tc1;DIFFUSE_UV=tc0;DIRECTX11=true;METROUGH_MAP;NORMAL_SIZE=3;SPECULAR_UV=tc0;TEXCOORD0_SIZE=2;TEXCOORD1_SIZE=2;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;.
Recompilation process will take some time, please wait
(this situation should not occur on end user PC, if there is no manual shader editing)

While all features seems to contribute to long load time, the bulk of it seems to come from the shadows.hlsl.  And GBuffer I believe is the culprit for jagged displays and ghosting.

I am now using the IC Safe version (with all improvements disabled as those costs frametime) and it seems to be much better at loading time.  And doesn't seem to have the ghosting issue.

4 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

yes they still work...

🤣 I like the way you anticipate the same old question on each update!!

• Like 2

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

So the shaders mod and re shade vr are different programs?  
where do I find the most up to date Re shade VR?

Search turns up way to many posts for a rookie like me to add mods. 
Thanks

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Ok, so I recognize I might get some shit for this, and that's perfectly valid, but this thing is 97 pages long and 2 years old. Frankly between that and the other VR related threads I've tried going thru I'm lost. Possibly because I'm some combination of new to dcs and vr/old/stupid/lazy, but I can't do anything about 3 of those 4.  Is there by any chance a cliff notes version of this somewhere? I see a bunch of posts mentioning use OVsomething to manage mods and IC pass/non IC pass, will it work with insert here, install/uninstall. I honestly just don't really know where to start. If the answer is suck it up and read 97 pages of posts ok, fair enough, just thought I'd ask if there was an easier entry point here

@speed-of-heat You are a steely-eyed rocket man sir, thank you! (edited to try to not add more bloat to this thread)

Edited by grifnizzle
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, grifnizzle said:

Ok, so I recognize I might get some shit for this, and that's perfectly valid, but this thing is 97 pages long and 2 years old. Frankly between that and the other VR related threads I've tried going thru I'm lost. Possibly because I'm some combination of new to dcs and vr/old/stupid/lazy, but I can't do anything about 3 of those 4.  Is there by any chance a cliff notes version of this somewhere? I see a bunch of posts mentioning use OVsomething to manage mods and IC pass/non IC pass, will it work with insert here, install/uninstall. I honestly just don't really know where to start. If the answer is suck it up and read 97 pages of posts ok, fair enough, just thought I'd ask if there was an easier entry point here

Go to post one; read that. 

Use a mod manager to install it, I use modmanfx64 available (here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309551/) or ModManFX » Microsoft Flight Simulator (the latter is maintained) but they both work, a more common mod manger is OVGME (which is no longer supported but availvable here OVGME - DCS World Wiki - Hoggitworld.com) and there is a similar more modern replacement available here sedenion/OpenModMan: Open Mod Manager - Open source and generic Mod ("Modifications") manager. (github.com).  This is not the page to discuss how to use these as you point out the thread is over 90 pages long... 

IC pass refers to the Integrity check performed on some multiplayer servers, where the game checksums key files to determine if they are in original condition before allowing you to play...

I currently maintain the IC Pass version of the mod, which cuts out a bunch of stuff so that it passes the integrity check on multiplayer servers,  and a clear water version of the mod, which basically removes the gbuffer which gives the game back it's clear water which you can find in my signature block here VR Shaders for IC Pass, Clear Water and Texture fixes - DCS Mods - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Also note it is important that you install the correct version of this mod if you are using the open beta you need the latest 2.7 version posted and if using stable you currently need the latest 2.5.6 version posted (as stable version changes to 2.7 this will also change  the version used there).

HTH

Edited by speed-of-heat
corrected modman url
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

I couldn't get it to work properly...

I experienced quite an improvement in single player missions, however, I couldn't get it to work in multiplayer. Cockpit textures wouldn't load at all (transparent cockpit), no matter what, and same for the carrier ones (the plane would seem to be floating in the air).I tried several versions of this mod, as well as a custom one from someone else, and got the same problem with all of them. I obviously tried things like changing the plane, leaving the server, restarting, installing the mods again etc, but I finally gave up.

Many thanks for this anyway, it's a pity I couldn't get it to work but the effort is appreciated nonetheless...

Most often, you need to load the scenario in single player first, to cache the textures, then go into multiplayer, or at the very least play missions that have the majority of the major units in first, ymmv.

3 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Most often, you need to load the scenario in single player first, to cache the textures, then go into multiplayer, or at the very least play missions that have the majority of the major units in first, ymmv.

I did that, that's the weirdest part, it was running alright in single player and it seemed to give me a good boost in terms of FPS and performance, but then the textures were just not loading in mp at all.

I really want to give it another go, as I really could do with some more FPS to be honest, but I spent quite a fair amount of hours yesterday without good results, and I ended up reinstalling the game to leave all the files as they were.

I'll post here if I decide to give it a go, it's really a pity as this seems to be a common issue but not so many people experience it indefinitely as it was my case 😞

Again, many thanks though

Edited by Odirse

use a mod manager to apply them, and you wont need to reinstall or repair the game... 

• Like 1