PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

On 4/19/2023 at 1:39 AM, MilesD said:

That's strange D. Are you sure the cursor has not become overly sensitive?

The HotFix for the latest patch is on the website.

Yes I grabbed the hotfix firmware. But nope did not really have a cursor problem that I was aware of.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please tell me how to perform 5 points calibration? Everything goes as per instruction until #7 where cursor supposed to jump to top of the screen. It does not, it just disappears completely from the screen and I cannot find it anywhere. I am unable to do upper and lower alignments and finish calibration.

Also, when setting cursor targets, I could see the cursor when doing horizontal alignment but the moment I moved to vertical one both cursors disappeared. I had to switch to desktop and use Windows mouse cursor and Reference-Overlay-Pic-v2.png picture.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

16 hours ago, Marklar said:

Can someone please tell me how to perform 5 points calibration? Everything goes as per instruction until #7 where cursor supposed to jump to top of the screen. It does not, it just disappears completely from the screen and I cannot find it anywhere. I am unable to do upper and lower alignments and finish calibration.

Also, when setting cursor targets, I could see the cursor when doing horizontal alignment but the moment I moved to vertical one both cursors disappeared. I had to switch to desktop and use Windows mouse cursor and Reference-Overlay-Pic-v2.png picture.

Your issue is in the first stage - setting cursor targets. You have to close the two vertical cursors up until they come into view. Can be tricky as you can't see them moving at first so you don't know if you have them moving opposite each other or both moving in same direction. Obviously you want to set it to where they move in opposite directions so they will close up and become visible. It always takes me a little trial and error to get it but I eventually do. Check the documentation on setting targets it will tell you the button that toggles the change in movement of the cursors.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I fixed this by switching to steamVR. After this I was able to see crosses in vertical calibration. Before that I tried many times to move them up and down, but they never came into view. With steamVR they were visible instantly.

• Like 1

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 4:29 PM, LtSpoon said:

is there a way to see where in the list your own pre order is? so when you can expect a delivery ? My Order ist from 01/2023.

Sry for my bad English 😕

You can see the order/ship dates in discord. Latest shipment was for 2022 January orders i think, so i guess its going to be something like 17 months from the order date at current pace.

• Like 1

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Miles got bogged down recently with a major moving project he has going on. Hopefully that will settle down soon and he can get back to regular production which should help at least some on the lead times. It is well worth the wait I will say, absolutely love mine.

Don B

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know when miles will resume production?

I hope to be part of the next batch... confirmation mail from mid jan. 2022 😉

Büchse: Ryzen 7 5800X 3D || X570 AORUS Elite || AORUS 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe || 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 || Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme
Zeuch: TM Warthog H.O.T.A.S. || Winwing Orion 2 16EX Throttle || VKBSim Rudder || HP Reverb G2 || PointCNTRL || ACES II Seat
Air: A-10C II || F-5E || F-14 || F-16C Viper || F/A-18C || UH-1H  || FW-190D      Ground: Syria || Persian Gulf || Nevada

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I am selling my Point Control system. Its great but since I have a DOF Reality setup for both cars and planes, I really can't use it. Either the controls are blocked by the steering wheel or my hands hit the steering wheel.

I don't know if there have been many changes, but I received mine in June of 22 and they have almost no use. This is the Advanced Kit with the hires resin cases.

10 hours ago, Milhouse19 said:

If anyone is interested, I am selling my Point Control system. Its great but since I have a DOF Reality setup for both cars and planes, I really can't use it. Either the controls are blocked by the steering wheel or my hands hit the steering wheel.

I don't know if there have been many changes, but I received mine in June of 22 and they have almost no use. This is the Advanced Kit with the hires resin cases.

Considering the current wait time someone should grab this asap.

• Thanks 1

Don B

10 hours ago, Milhouse19 said:

Price? Location?

3 hours ago, Milhouse19 said:

$200 shipped from NJ, USA

That includes the two APB's? Also what headset was it fitted for?

Edited by dburne

Don B

Been having FCU problems and had to go back to PointCTRL v1 FCUs (and associated smaller FOV).

Just hit Buy it Now.  👍

Edited by RogueSqdn
  • Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 12:37 AM, T0niM0ntana said:

Does anyone know when miles will resume production?

I hope to be part of the next batch... confirmation mail from mid jan. 2022 😉

Same here.  

Does anybody know what is going on?  

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the comms blackout. I don’t like to overshare, but I understand the growing frustration out there with the lack of production, so I will overshare a bit here. Only waste the next few minutes of your life if you’re really bored, mad at me for not making more PointCTRLs, or are just curious how I started making these damn things.

As many of you know, PointCTRL is not a business for me. Following an injury in Iraq, where I served on a SFODA, also known as “Green Berets”, and a few years of surgeries and rehab, the Army eventually sent me to the glue factory aka the “Permanently Disabled Retirement List”.  I did my best to stay in the Army… (Insert your own Monty Python Black Knight meme here).

My friend “Los”, who was my Team Sergeant/Mentor earlier in my SF career, encouraged me to try VR flying with him. So, we bought a bunch of hardware, built 2 systems, and fired up our newly released CV1s. I was immediately hooked on inserting and extracting troops with the Huey.

But the crazy thing was, the very first time I took off my VR headset, I noticed something was wrong. I sat for a minute trying to figure out what the hell was going on with me and this feeling that I couldn’t identify. I remember I was about to call out to my wife because I thought VR had somehow broken my brain.

It wasn’t until I stood up and felt the ever-present burning nerve pain and muscle spasms return that I realized what had happened. I remember like it was yesterday, me looking at the CV1 now sitting by my side and saying to no one in particular, “Holy <profanity>… that thing takes away all the fucking pain when you’re in it.” There I was for the next few months flying around this virtual world, in a half broken body full of titanium rods, screws, and bolts, in what felt like a new virtual body.

Unfortunately as I became more accustomed to VR, the pain and discomfort slowly crept back in, but there was always some degree of escape from it.

Like everyone else experiencing VR for the first time, I continued to physically reach for switches and knobs only to remind myself “Hey, you have to use the mouse, dumbass”. One day, my wife Carol, who was now accustomed to me seeing me in the corner of our dining room flying away in my own little world, tapped me on the shoulder and said, “Hey…stick out your hand.” I did as instructed, and I was rewarded with the feeling of a nice cold unsolicited beer in my hand. I am lucky to have a great supportive wife who always encourages me to fly more. After drinking a bit of it, I promptly placed the beer on the center console of the Huey, where it immediately dropped to the real-world floor, spilling beer all over it.

After cleaning up the beer, I thought, “I can fix this.” So I found a low table the same height as the Huey’s center console, and placed it to my left. I went back into VR, touched the virtual center console and was rewarded with the feel of a hard object right where it should be.

I yelled to Carol that I fixed the problem, I was again rewarded with another unsolicited cold beer, this time when I placed it on the Huey virtual console, it stayed.

My simple mind was proud of itself, and the very next time I reached for a switch that I could not move, I thought, “ Hey I just made a place to put my real beer down in a virtual world, surely I can make something so I can just reach out and flip the virtual switches in my cockpit.

So it started…
Those that are familiar with SFODAs, the 18Bs or “Weapons Guys” are usually known as the knuckle draggers of the bunch. However, I always had an interest in all things mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronics, as well as computers when they started coming out in the early 80s.
So I set about looking at different ways to make something I could wear on my finger, that would not interfere with my flight stick or throttle, and allow me to press a button or flip a switch.

This is getting way too long, if anyone is interested, I will finish the development process another time. For now, I will just skip to the part you probably came here for.

Important Part:

Several months ago, I took down the PointCTRL shop and began relocating everything to another house my wife and I purchased so we could care for my elderly Mother. There was renovation involved, but not too much to get settled and start production again in a much larger dedicated space for PointCTRL.
Not to have pity party here, I know I am luckier than many, but unfortunately the old injury that put me out of the Army had created other issues that were expected from the beginning. With treatment, things are slowly getting sorted, and I am getting somewhat more mobile with bursts of real productivity. I am working on getting the shop to a minimal functional state today. I hope to have the production crew running in the next few weeks.

Well that’s it, no PointCTRLs because the shops not set up yet, I am old, we are still trying to sort the new house, and get the previous house sold.
So yea, two weeks…

MilesD

Edited by MilesD
  • Like 12

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

3 hours ago, MilesD said:

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the comms blackout. I don’t like to overshare, but I understand the growing frustration out there with the lack of production, so I will overshare a bit here. Only waste the next few minutes of your life if you’re really bored, mad at me for not making more PointCTRLs, or are just curious how I started making these damn things.

As many of you know, PointCTRL is not a business for me. Following an injury in Iraq, where I served on a SFODA, also known as “Green Berets”, and a few years of surgeries and rehab, the Army eventually sent me to the glue factory aka the “Permanently Disabled Retirement List”.  I did my best to stay in the Army… (Insert your own Monty Python Black Knight meme here).

My friend “Los”, who was my Team Sergeant/Mentor earlier in my SF career, encouraged me to try VR flying with him. So, we bought a bunch of hardware, built 2 systems, and fired up our newly released CV1s. I was immediately hooked on inserting and extracting troops with the Huey.

But the crazy thing was, the very first time I took off my VR headset, I noticed something was wrong. I sat for a minute trying to figure out what the hell was going on with me and this feeling that I couldn’t identify. I remember I was about to call out to my wife because I thought VR had somehow broken my brain.

It wasn’t until I stood up and felt the ever-present burning nerve pain and muscle spasms return that I realized what had happened. I remember like it was yesterday, me looking at the CV1 now sitting by my side and saying to no one in particular, “Holy <profanity>… that thing takes away all the fucking pain when you’re in it.” There I was for the next few months flying around this virtual world, in a half broken body full of titanium rods, screws, and bolts, in what felt like a new virtual body.

Unfortunately as I became more accustomed to VR, the pain and discomfort slowly crept back in, but there was always some degree of escape from it.

Like everyone else experiencing VR for the first time, I continued to physically reach for switches and knobs only to remind myself “Hey, you have to use the mouse, dumbass”. One day, my wife Carol, who was now accustomed to me seeing me in the corner of our dining room flying away in my own little world, tapped me on the shoulder and said, “Hey…stick out your hand.” I did as instructed, and I was rewarded with the feeling of a nice cold unsolicited beer in my hand. I am lucky to have a great supportive wife who always encourages me to fly more. After drinking a bit of it, I promptly placed the beer on the center console of the Huey, where it immediately dropped to the real-world floor, spilling beer all over it.

After cleaning up the beer, I thought, “I can fix this.” So I found a low table the same height as the Huey’s center console, and placed it to my left. I went back into VR, touched the virtual center console and was rewarded with the feel of a hard object right where it should be.

I yelled to Carol that I fixed the problem, I was again rewarded with another unsolicited cold beer, this time when I placed it on the Huey virtual console, it stayed.

My simple mind was proud of itself, and the very next time I reached for a switch that I could not move, I thought, “ Hey I just made a place to put my real beer down in a virtual world, surely I can make something so I can just reach out and flip the virtual switches in my cockpit.

So it started…
Those that are familiar with SFODAs, the 18Bs or “Weapons Guys” are usually known as the knuckle draggers of the bunch. However, I always had an interest in all things mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronics, as well as computers when they started coming out in the early 80s.
So I set about looking at different ways to make something I could wear on my finger, that would not interfere with my flight stick or throttle, and allow me to press a button or flip a switch.

This is getting way too long, if anyone is interested, I will finish the development process another time. For now, I will just skip to the part you probably came here for.

Important Part:

Several months ago, I took down the PointCTRL shop and began relocating everything to another house my wife and I purchased so we could care for my elderly Mother. There was renovation involved, but not too much to get settled and start production again in a much larger dedicated space for PointCTRL.
Not to have pity party here, I know I am luckier than many, but unfortunately the old injury that put me out of the Army had created other issues that were expected from the beginning. With treatment, things are slowly getting sorted, and I am getting somewhat more mobile with bursts of real productivity. I am working on getting the shop to a minimal functional state today. I hope to have the production crew running in the next few weeks.

Well that’s it, no PointCTRLs because the shops not set up yet, I am old, we are still trying to sort the new house, and get the previous house sold.
So yea, two weeks…

MilesD

Thanks for sharing all that, Miles.

No worries, we get it. Get better.

Cab

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MilesD said:

Hey Guys,

So it started…

Important Part:

So yea, two weeks…

MilesD

Focus on your health... In the end it is all that matters 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

6 hours ago, Slippa said:

Crack open a cold one, take it easy.

Fully agree!

• Like 1

Don B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...