LOCERF Mission Planning and Dates

Red will pwn blue. But thats not news, thats a fact. Heh :D

I donno, I'd at least expect something this week...

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red will pwn blue. But thats not news, thats a fact. Heh :D

I donno, I'd at least expect something this week...

Don't mix up "wish" and "fact"! :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

The above map illustrates the FEBA and the FARPS for both Blue and RedFor.

screenshotlocerf072pt8.jpg

BlueFor has pressed forward into Russian territory. BlueFor now controls the Kerch straits and have moved forces as far forward as the town of Temrujk. Red Forces are enroute to the FEBA. The forward air refueling point for BlueFor is Kerch Airbase. The forward air refueling point for RedFor is Novorrosik. Further specific briefings for both Red and BlueFor will be given later.

Fighters for BlueFor will be taking off from Razdolnoe and Strike A/C will be taking off from Oktjabrskoe.

Fighters for RedFor will be taking off from Sochi-Adler and Strike A/C will be taking off from Majkop.

Fighter aircraft will not be able to re-arm or refuel at any other place except for home plate. Loadouts for fighter aircraft cannot be changed.

Strike Aircraft can rearm and refuel at the FARP and at home plate. Loadouts can only be changed at home plate, and the aircraft performing the loadout change must request for permission from a moderator before they can leave the mission.

Aircraft cannot land at any other airbase except for those listed. For example Fighter aircraft cannot land at the FARP or strike aircraft home plate. If you do so you will be asked to leave. It will not be counted as a loss if you land within friendly lines, but you will not be allowed to continue with the mission.

For any aircraft that is rotating pilots. You must do so at home plate only and ask for permission from a moderator first. You must let me know before game day which aircraft the pilots are sharing, the tail number and the callsigns of the pilots. If that airframe is downed during the mission, FOR WHATEVER REASON, both pilots will be considered out.

R-77’s on the outside pylons of the Mig-29S’s will be allowed. A-10’s are allowed to use Shepski’s realistic loadout mod, to include the use of 4 Aim-9’s. These are the only aircraft that are allowed to use loadout mods, no exceptions….

REDFOR WILL BE USING VENTRILO FOR THIS MISSION. This is not up for discussion, so just download it and get used to it. We will be using 3sqn’s Ventrilo server.

BlueFor will be using JaBoG32’s Teamspeak Server. Their Teampeak server will be used for the outbriefing for all pilots.

• Like 1
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Why pushing the Mig with 6 x 77's? All have been talking about "no mods" and "realism" and "know the strengths and weakness of every plane...".

???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Just a note about organization...

Paploo is out for this Red Flag with unforeseen circumstances. Yoda will be flying A.S.'s wing... and A.S. is now the coordinator for RvE and Pap's place should be filled through other RvE pilots...

Laud.... I'm sure 159th_Fudd will talk about this decision, but I think the decision was more about balance (this time.) Much was said about having deeper strikes and CAPS in the next Red Flag... this is the case... The flights will be much longer.

Look at the flying time, I doubt that any Mig-29 will have 6 R-77's... It will be more like 5 or 4 with external fuel tanks...

I can see where you're coming from though... It's a good observation Laud, and one that was thought of

REDFOR WILL BE USING VENTRILO FOR THIS MISSION

Does Ventrilo offer the same capability for communication between different flights/divisions as teamspeak?

Quality is one thing, TS does just fine in that repsect imo, but most important is the ability to properly manage numerous flights. Unless offcorse the 3sqn is planning to field their dedicated choir and sing us their anthem :p

Also, just wondering, was the decision made with all the RED squads consent? I didnt recall anyone coming in and discussing this with us (504). Or did I miss something?

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Does Ventrilo offer the same capability for communication between different flights/divisions as teamspeak?

Yes, you can. It's called key binding and allows you to switch channels inside a game by pressing a single button. You can program few channels if needed.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Why pushing the Mig with 6 x 77's? All have been talking about "no mods" and "realism" and "know the strengths and weakness of every plane...".

???

Fighters will have to fly 300+ km to the FEBA. For the migs, they will be required to at least take one fuel tank on the wing if they want to have any loiter time. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the aircraft is what prompted this decision.

R-77's on the outer pylons are hardly a stretch of the imagination.

Maybe someone can explain the features of ventrilo (not just 10x better quality) and what we need to do to set them up....:helpsmilie:

Yes, I will be glad to. I will be setting up a time with you X-man to go over how to use it.

There were several reasons why the decision was made to use Ventrilo. The main reason was because it has tools that allow for the hearing impared to communicate with others vocally rather than by typing everything.

Dont worry.... Vent allows for you to set key bindings just like Teamspeak.

Yes, you can. It's called key binding and allows you to switch channels inside a game by pressing a single button. You can program few channels if needed.

Ehhmm.... great! Perhaps u misunderstood my point, to what extent can this be done? Can: Switch to Channel/Whisper to specific channel/Ccommander/Guard/CC Toggle/ etc etc be done, does it have the functionality of TS? Not to mention the ever important TS Overlay use.

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

The decision to go with 6xR-77s on a Mig as well as the use of Shepski's realistic mod is fine. Some of us have always contended that as the organizer of this event, 159th-Fudd would have the final say and we would be OK with whatever decision was made in this regard. Laud's question was a valid one. Because what's interesting here is that the folks that jumped up and down when an earlier proposal was offered regarding "balance" was made, those folks immediately came back with every conceivable argument against using any mods, changing any weapons or altering the current format whatsoever.

I guess they have nothing to say now.

Sorry I have not seen a poll regarding ventrilo or TS? don't even think this has been discussed.

Im quite sure if they're had have been a poll TS2 would have been the outstanding choice, just seems strange how these things get decided considering as a lot has been said about the 'majority' changing they're setup compared to the 'minoritys wants' in the past(ie. LomacLeagueMod).

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• ED Team
BS. We're not running Vent on someone's home internet connection. It's a professional hosting company with huge amounts of bandwith. We used to run TS. There's a lot less asking someone to repeat themselves or people saying "what did he say?".

Before you say BS you should always know the facts.

Obviously you have no clue about TS and VENT besides "i sound better on Vent".

But i will explain it to you:

It takes a longer time on Vent to hear eachother, like 1-2 seconds more than on TS2. This has nothing to do with bandwith but with the programs itselfes.

• ED Team

Cali, i know there is a delay because i play Day Of Defeat: Source with clanwars and stuff and in such kind of games you can feel the difference when somebody is telling you something.

I played on both and TS2 is better for FPS. I never said i hate Vent or something like that. It simply dont suite for the games i play besides Lockon.