Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

-Paddles NEVER grades the wire you catch. This is one of the largest misconceptions in the DCS community. There are PLENTY of no-grade 3 wires, and PLENTY of OK 2 wires and 4 wires.

How hard would it be to remove the wire grade?

I love this mission; great fun listening to Lex call me names and threaten to shoot me down if I ever show up in his pattern again. I didn't realize he could get so angry! :D :joystick:

So far my best score is a hook-up bolter. That might not be a good thing, but I use the snipping tool to record scores since I can't find a log anywhere.

Feature request 2: CSV file with all score, including pilot's name, date, and time.

I did discover you can update it for SC if you edit the mission and ONLY change the carrier type. Don't change the names of the units or get too squirrly.

Then save it as Bankler's (it's his, after all) and note that you modified it somehow.

I'll worry about the wires later. Right now the LSOs must all think I'm amazing because they keep telling me how powerful I am. Power. POWER. POWER, you farging moron! What part of POWER confuses you!? Did your mother have any children that lived?

I did discover you can update it for SC if you edit the mission and ONLY change the carrier type. Don't change the names of the units or get too squirrly.

Then save it as Bankler's (it's his, after all) and note that you modified it somehow.

I'll worry about the wires later. Right now the LSOs must all think I'm amazing because they keep telling me how powerful I am. Power. POWER. POWER, you farging moron! What part of POWER confuses you!? Did your mother have any children that lived?

:megalol:

Good find. 3 more Banklers coming up!

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

It is not too hard if you are willing to get into his lua script.

Took a few tries to figure out the secret of editing .lua files in missions, but I finally got it worked out. 2, 3, and 4 are worth 5 points, 1 is zero. That should fit with GB's comment that he's seen lots of OK 2 and 4 wires.

Unfortunately that means I have to end my long, sordid relationship with the 1 wire.

There are other things in this I want to clean up (as in clean up for my specific application, not that anything is broken) but this is awesome work. If you remember to contact the SC on the way in you get the SC score and Bankler's score at the same time. A quick pause and you can actually read them.

Sooner or later (probably sooner) I'll set it up to work with the Big Stick. I had an opportunity to be a plank owner on that one.

I tend to 4 wire overshooting and trying to break the deck more than 1 wire, but this mission definitely helped me in the Hornet, which it's easier to keep on the glide slope than the Tomcat.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

:megalol: you're killing me! what do i have to do to get lex that angry?? :D

Just got a 70!!! Stoked!!!

03acb6ae83eb7120bd059e14d328f17a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Can you explain exactly how to do that Raisuli ( sorry not tinkered with the ME before) I tried and could not figure it out....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Whether you switch carriers in the mission or not, it would appear that, if you have bought SC, you still get access to the advanced ATC radio comms, the "pop-up ball" and ED's LSO grading, so if that was all you were looking for, then just carry on using the existing mission, with the Stennis.

Having said that and even though the deck crew don't yet do anything for recoveries, I still hope that someone produces an SC variant of the mission, just to see a more lively deck.

Whether you switch carriers in the mission or not, it would appear that, if you have bought SC, you still get access to the advanced ATC radio comms, the "pop-up ball" and ED's LSO grading, so if that was all you were looking for, then just carry on using the existing mission, with the Stennis.

Having said that and even though the deck crew don't yet do anything for recoveries, I still hope that someone produces an SC variant of the mission, just to see a more lively deck.

It's possible to just switch the carrier to Supercarrier in mission editor. But I'm sure Bankler will release a version for Supercarrier soon enough.

Hello Bankler, I have a feature request if you are interested.

I've used the mission enough that I no longer need or want the intermediate messages and I find them a little distracting, so I went into your script and added a radio option, called Silent Mode, that turns all player messages off from step 1 through 11 just leaving the beginning and end messages (steps 0 and 12). This way I only get the init and summary messages. It works really nice.

It was easy to implement and thought others might like this option as well.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the suggestion. I have reworked the radio menu system lately. Will look into having this option in the official version. It's a good idea.

Will this be updated with the Super Carrier?

Yes. I'll have to put some work into making sure the math works for it, and maybe tweak some things. But it's my ambition to release a version for the SC.

The optimal solution would be to only have one mission, with both carriers included. There are some technical challenges with this approach though, so I'm not sure yet.

Can you explain exactly how to do that Raisuli ( sorry not tinkered with the ME before) I tried and could not figure it out....

Open mission editor - open mission - select carrier - change to one of the SCs, save - close - carry on.

I got rid of most of the flights (and all the static aircraft), then moved my jet to 12 miles away, which gives me time to initiate the calls. Changed the script to set 2, 3, and 4 to five points, 1 wire is 0 points, changed the carrier to the Big Stick and altered the TCN freq. Never got around to changing the bit that auto-sets TCN for you, so when I start I check in with the SC, change the TCN to 71, turn on ICLS, do the see you at 10 thing, then run the mission normally. Mapped the ball-call to a controller.

I get an SC score at the end followed by Bankler's. The SC is much harsher.

Really looking forward to the SC version of the script, though. Great stuff here.

Yes. I'll have to put some work into making sure the math works for it, and maybe tweak some things. But it's my ambition to release a version for the SC.

The optimal solution would be to only have one mission, with both carriers included. There are some technical challenges with this approach though, so I'm not sure yet.

Looking forward to it. I would suggest putting us out 20 to 25 nm if possible.

Is there a way to get the scripts to output to a text file or something we can reference later? I am currently doing screenshots now and then but would be nice to have a number of datapoints to enter on a spreadsheet, etc look for trends....

Specs & Wishlist:

It might be possible to use a mechanism like scratchpad 5o save the text?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Hey Raisuli, any chance you upload your altered mission, including the SC?

Edit, managed to change teh carrier, thanks

Plus 0ne 0n the saveable and editable results feature

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by markturner1960

---------------------------

Originally Posted by Razi

I've used the mission enough that I no longer need or want the intermediate messages and I find them a little distracting, so I went into your script and added a radio option, called Silent Mode, that turns all player messages off from step 1 through 11 just leaving the beginning and end messages (steps 0 and 12). This way I only get the init and summary messages. It works really nice.

---------------------------

Thanks for the suggestion. I have reworked the radio menu system lately. Will look into having this option in the official version. It's a good idea.

hi bankler, very much appreciate your work, in fact, i am almost using exclusively your mission to train traps. thanks a lot again!

although i find razi's suggestion useful in some cases, i am kinda having the opposite request, if this is not too much asking: do you think it would be possible to add AN OPTION for voice-overs to the radio messages all the way through the case 1 pattern? i think it would add to the immersion not having to read text while you're flying. plus, having a voice telling you what you did wrong the moment it happened, would not only be more effective, but also really cool, almost like having an FI in the backseat.

do you think that would be feasible? maybe start voicing only messages pointing out errors?

thanks

hilok

While we are talking about integrating the 2 missions / CVN's, how does it work if you choose pattern mode - can you fly the case 1 as per the new SC mission, without messing up grades etc?

Ideally, would be great to integrate option to fly the whole overhead stack, then break, which is as it is in the new SC mission. As the mission stands, pattern mode is just for doing repeats of landings, IE you launch, go at least .5 mile along BRC, presumably at 600 ft and then break - this saves going astern the boat and coming in again from the rear.

Does a real life case 1 always involve entering the overhead stack first ? Of course, with multiple flights and busy ops, I imagine the answer is yes. If so, would be great to update the mission to include this.

hi bankler, very much appreciate your work, in fact, i am almost using exclusively your mission to train traps. thanks a lot again!

although i find razi's suggestion useful in some cases, i am kinda having the opposite request, if this is not too much asking: do you think it would be possible to add AN OPTION for voice-overs to the radio messages all the way through the case 1 pattern? i think it would add to the immersion not having to read text while you're flying. plus, having a voice telling you what you did wrong the moment it happened, would not only be more effective, but also really cool, almost like having an FI in the backseat.

do you think that would be feasible? maybe start voicing only messages pointing out errors?

thanks

hilok

I did consider this (actually Lex was enthusiastic about doing it) when I first did the LSO vocie-over stuff. However, I felt that having an FI voice telling you what you just did wrong (1 to 1 with the text messages) wouldn't be super helpful other than you the fact that you don't have to glance up to watch the text. And if he'd only say "you were a little low there", you would actually have less information than in the text (where it says exactly how many feet off you were). In the end, I felt that while I think there is some use for it, the benefit wasn't really worth the effort of programming and recording this with enough variations to not drive you mad. :)

But maybe in the future, who knows.

Any chance of a break at the bow grading (e.g. within 0.5nm or something)? You have to descend during the break for this to work, but the grading would knock points off for doing that at the moment.

Something for the future perhaps :)

Still my favourite mission regardless :thumbup:

Just been trying out the mission using the SC, if I fly the pattern required by the mission, then I get a no grade from the SC, for improper or no communications, so the SC AI and the mission parameters are looking for different things. For now I guess either fly one or the other! And thanks again Bankler, outstanding work. I wait eagerly your next update!!

PS, a couple of options, one with worse weather would be great for an extra challenge. How easy would this be to change in the ME?

Just been trying out the mission using the SC, if I fly the pattern required by the mission, then I get a no grade from the SC, for improper or no communications, so the SC AI and the mission parameters are looking for different things. For now I guess either fly one or the other! And thanks again Bankler, outstanding work. I wait eagerly your next update!!

PS, a couple of options, one with worse weather would be great for an extra challenge. How easy would this be to change in the ME?

You can do the inbound calls if the aircraft is 12 or so NM out, then map something for ball call. [bC] is my second favorite (apparently) SC grade result, after EGIW. I keep forgetting to tell them I'm landing. I can smoke this mission right up to the grove, then the wings, so to speak, fall off.

I hesitate to upload my version of Bankler's mission because...well...it's Bankler's, not mine. I'd hate for someone to blame him for mistakes I may have made editing it, or give me credit for work he did. It's a brilliant mission, and he gets all the kudos!

VERSION 6.0.0

SUPERCARRIER UPDATE!! :clap:

Supercarrier and Legacy Carrier Compatible

attachment.php?attachmentid=237104&stc=1&d=1590404253

You can now download version 6.0.0 in the Original Post!

Thanks a lot Razi for the suggestion about an option to disable in-flight feedback. Totally makes it a little more challenging! :)

Hope you all will enjoy this new version where you can use the old trusy trainer on the new fancy boat. Don't forget that you can tweak certain things, like if you want the LSO audio or not, in the F10 comms menu.

Cheers,

Bankler

CHANGE LOG

* There are now two different versions of the mission. The Supercarrier version and the Legacy Carrier version.

* Implemented Supercarrier support.

* Comms F10 menu put into separate submenu. Other -> Bankler's CASE 1 Training.

* Added feature to disable in-flight feedback (you will only get the summary after the pass in this mode).

* Decreased the KC-135MPRS speed substantially.

Enjoy!