NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Rather than scrolling through 74 pages of posts, using VR, the clickable area for a switch or knob is quite a bit off for me which makes it difficult to use the cockpit. so inside of clicking on a switch, i have to hover the mouse around it a random direction till the pointer goes green to show an interaction.

is this an issue with my install or a known bug?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Rather than scrolling through 74 pages of posts, using VR, the clickable area for a switch or knob is quite a bit off for me which makes it difficult to use the cockpit. so inside of clicking on a switch, i have to hover the mouse around it a random direction till the pointer goes green to show an interaction.

is this an issue with my install or a known bug?

Jacks you need to log in to the Scooter, let it fully spawn, then back out to Spectator or another aircraft, and once that spawns in you can go back to the Scooter and the click spots will be in the right locations.

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Jacks you need to log in to the Scooter, let it fully spawn, then back out to Spectator or another aircraft, and once that spawns in you can go back to the Scooter and the click spots will be in the right locations.

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

Indeed! The old in-out. ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I just did a flight where I ripple some Mk82 Snakeyes in pairs, and as soon as I release the bombs, my aircraft exploded. Is this a known bug?

I did a search in this thread but could not find anything on it.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I just did a flight where I ripple some Mk82 Snakeyes in pairs, and as soon as I release the bombs, my aircraft exploded. Is this a known bug?

I did a search in this thread but could not find anything on it.

I had the same problem. Try increasing the drop-interval. Maybe your bombs are colliding during the small ripple-interval. The tailfin of the Snakeye is unfolding after release, so it may collide with the next released bomb.

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I installed it. Twice. Does not work. Followed installation procedure. Files placed into folders and sub folders as shown. Nada! There is not RWR , no warning sounds. No change. I have v1.02 A-4E-C.

I just replaced the 2 files (devices/device_init) in the '\A-4E-C\Cockpit\Scripts\' folder and placed the rwr.lua in the 'Systems' subdirectory. Works fine for me. Just to make sure, your A-4E mod is installed in the folder 'C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C', right?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

My first carrier trap in A-4E-C. Though I boltered X2, and caught wire on 3rd pass. I did not think it was difficult. I am curious , why OLS meatball was not visible on Stennis.

It should be. I've been practicing trapping for the carrier group I'm a part of and as long as you come in high enough the meatball is there for me. When I was first starting I inevitably was coming in much too low and kept having to make Clara calls, but with better altitude management it works, but there may be other scripts going on in the background.

Well I posted the track. If you are able, please view the track. If you can see Stennis's OLS from cockpit when in-close, or at the ramp, post screen grab. I am kind cheating without OLS. I know that when I am at 125 kts IAS, flaps down, gear down, hook down,and AOA Indexer on glide slope, all I need to keep one of the MIL markers on gunsight on #3 wire. As long as I do that, I know I am in the groove, and bolter is worst thing that can happen. In short, becouse I cannot see OLS, I fly the deck, which is the wrong thing to do, but I have no choice. For now at least. In Case II and III I would not be able to trap, let alone shoot an approach.

My first carrier trap in A-4E-C. Though I boltered X2, and caught wire on 3rd pass. I did not think it was difficult. I am curious , why OLS meatball was not visible on Stennis.

radio in the stennis and declare that you are inbound, the ball should start working right after that

(this was mentioned by wagz in an f18 video)

i've basically only been doing carrier landings and i always have the ball on the stennis, even when taking off from an airbase, it's usually already on if you take off from the carrier

EDIT: actually i've checked and the ball turns on as soon as i get close to the carrier

Edited by dix

radio in the stennis and declare that you are inbound, the ball should start working right after that

(this was mentioned by wagz in an f18 video)

i've basically only been doing carrier landings and i always have the ball on the stennis, even when taking off from an airbase, it's usually already on if you take off from the carrier

EDIT: actually i've checked and the ball turns on as soon as i get close to the carrier

He can't radio with the Stennis if flying with the A-4E (SDK limitation of the mod).

He can't radio with the Stennis if flying with the A-4E (SDK limitation of the mod).

i've no idea where the radio stops working aside the basic rearm\refuel systems

in wags video the f18 had a greyed out stennis atc aswell, and the stennis didn't reply

anyway when i get within 55miles of the stennis, the ball turns on

As much as I know, you can only radio with the ground crew, as long as the canopy is opened. You can radio with the rest of the menu as long as you are on ground, but you'll never get an answer. :cry:

Quick question for you knowledgeable types

Have the A4 installed. Worked before the update. Updated to the latest version via deleting the old A-4 folder and installing the new one.

Now getting a game crash when trying to slot into the aircraft.

I get this in my log:

2019-01-05 23:09:17.127 INFO    DCS: MissionSpawn:spawnLocalPlayer 617,A-4E-C
2019-01-05 23:09:17.386 WARNING EDCORE: Source Bazar/Textures/AvionicsCommon is already mounted to the same mount /textures/.
2019-01-05 23:09:17.412 ERROR   EDCORE: Cant open file: /models/cockpit_a-4e.edm.ilv.
2019-01-05 23:09:17.412 ERROR   VISUALIZER: ILV for cockpit 'Cockpit_A-4E' not found

Does anyone have any ideas? I've installed it the same way as the previous version.

CO 6vMAW

Looking for wingmen? Come Fly with Us!

Yep. I cannot use radio in flight. Only on ground with weight on wheels. As I unstick the gear, radio stops working.

If you use the A-4E-C in a mission like Through The Inferno that has F10 items, make sure you're set to Simple Comms in options so you can still access the F10 menu. But yeah, due to SDK limitations, you can only talk to ground crew with the canopy open.

Monetized modules from licensed 3rd party developers have access to the SDK, the guys behind the 'Community A-4E-C mod' not. :cry:

Edited by norbot