Adding ILS to Land Airport?

kaoqumba

I know that F/A18 has no ILS for land airports, and it is difficult to land safely in bad weather. In the future, can we consider adding ILS for F/A18, similar to aircraft carriers, to land airports? I understand this is not true, but some players, including me, would like to take off and land bumblebees in various weather conditions at the land airport?

This is the latest training video / in game training on IFR landings.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

If and when ED model an Australian hornet beyond just a skin then yes I'm sure it'll be included.;)

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

But it can only provide a general location, the direction of the runway is unknown. It's very troublesome in low visibility.

No it is not.

It is printed big onto each runway end, and it is given to you when you talk to atc. You even can see it in the F-10 map

Also you should learn to read these ones:

https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1812/00227HILZ21L.PDF

With just this pdf you have everything you need to land an F-18 in bad weather in Nellis

There is no need to make it [...] realistic.

You totally missed the point of DCS...

Edited by MasterZelgadis

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

No it is not.

It is printed big onto each runway end, and it is given to you when you talk to atc. You even can see it in the F-10 map

With just this pdf you have everything you need to land an F-18 in bad weather in Nellis

I apologize for my inappropriate reply. I'm sorry

No it is not.

When contacting the airport to return, it will call me. What do these calls mean? What shall I do? Do I need to contact them many times for navigation and orientation? I'm sorry, I've never paid attention to this call before. Do you have any tutorials on this subject?

When contacting the airport to return, it will call me. What do these calls mean? What shall I do? Do I need to contact them many times for navigation and orientation? I'm sorry, I've never paid attention to this call before. Do you have any tutorials on this subject?

You do know that runway numbers always give the rough runway heading?

Rwy 13 is roughly heading 130, rwy 03R is 030, 21L is heading 210..and so on.

Dial in the tcn frequency, set course to runway heading, then you should be fine to land.

Otherwise look at the approach chart, the one I linked for example. They tell you how you have to fly, which altitude at which point you should have. Give it a try, it's fun to fly them, and when you are familiar with them you don't even have to look outside the cockpit. Fly it heads down watching only your instruments, and at the last nav point look up, find the runway, make a small correction and land

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

You do know that runway numbers always give the rough runway heading?

Rwy 13 is roughly heading 130, rwy 03R is 030, 21L is heading 210..and so on.

Dial in the tcn frequency, set course to runway heading, then you should be fine to land.

Otherwise look at the approach chart, the one I linked for example. They tell you how you have to fly, which altitude at which point you should have. Give it a try, it's fun to fly them, and when you are familiar with them you don't even have to look outside the cockpit. Fly it heads down watching only your instruments, and at the last nav point look up, find the runway, make a small correction and land

Thank!

You should even find the correct approach pattern to the runway in the kneeboard.

Not for IFR approaches (the diagrams in the kneeboard are VAD's = Visual Approach Diagrams), however the diagrams do include runway headings (magnetic), etc.

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

You have different charts for that. Check the KLSV charts. STRYK recovery is a visual approach for example. The instrument approaches are divided into precision approaches and non-precision approaches. Every approach flown without ILS is an NPA. HI TACAN Y is a non precision approach, you would choose this in an F-18, because you don't have ILS. If you have ILS you can fly a PA, HI-ILS OR LOC Z RWY 21L for example. It's different from the HI TACAN approaches

I'm excited to see Wag's post about a land-based ILS training mission .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2