F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUTCH???

No, but I work with a bunch of them... Literally. ;):thumbup:

Keep the faith, hang tight... the Turkey is coming!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Keep the faith.... :-)

No, but I work with a bunch of them... Literally. ;):thumbup:

Keep the faith, hang tight... the Turkey is coming!

Yeah, exactly.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Yeah, exactly.

Nice! :megalol:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Release dates in software development.

Even "this millenium" can't be guaranteed actually rdlaugh.png

So basically, it comes down to Two Weeks™ as always dealwithit.png

Actually this is the first time I actually see that 2017 statement, probably noone made a fuss about it. Totally didn't expect it even this year just a bunch of moons ago.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Release dates in software development.

Even "this millenium" can't be guaranteed actually rdlaugh.png

So basically, it comes down to Two Weeks™ as always dealwithit.png

Actually this is the first time I actually see that 2017 statement, probably noone made a fuss about it. Totally didn't expect it even this year just a bunch of moons ago.

If I remember right when they made that announcement nobody really took it seriously, just based on what they were showing at the time it was pretty obvious that it was a LONG ways off.

It's one thing to have a development delay. It's another thing entirely to state with absolute confidence that a product will release in a certain time frame and then totally miss your window. I'm getting really sick of DCS devs just totally ignoring deadlines they've set for themselves.

STOP SAYING YOU WILL RELEASE A PRODUCT IN A CERTAIN TIME FRAME IF YOU WILL NOT MEET THAT DEADLINE. RADIO SILENCE IS BETTER THAN LIES.

It's one thing to have a development delay. It's another thing entirely to state with absolute confidence that a product will release in a certain time frame and then totally miss your window. I'm getting really sick of DCS devs just totally ignoring deadlines they've set for themselves.

STOP SAYING YOU WILL RELEASE A PRODUCT IN A CERTAIN TIME FRAME IF YOU WILL NOT MEET THAT DEADLINE. RADIO SILENCE IS BETTER THAN LIES.

After one week of silence, "WHY NO UPDATES? TELL US WHEN!"

DAmned if they do, damned if they dont.

2018 is not over, yet. :smartass:

And Wags stated in one of the latest Hornet Mini Updates (iirc), that the next(ish?) changes in the pipeline will be under the 2.5.4 label. New Aircraft releses always(?) were accompanied by an increment in the DCS version number.

So, to me it is still feasible to believe that the F-14 will be released with DCS 2.5.4 and that this will happen this year. :pilotfly:

Well Wags also said that the Hornet training missions would be released in November and they dropped in December. Granted it was only a week but still. Moral of the story is that I personally dont put much stock in "set" release dates, it will drop when it drops and no amount of speculation and/or complaining on my end is going to change that.

Exactly, devs are stuck between a rock and a hard place with this community. No mater how they handle it somebody is going to get pissed and swear they are the worst devs ever.

What part of "2017 no exceptions." and "Tomcat in 2018." confuses you? Why can't more devs act like BST used to and keep their mouths shut until they are 100% sure about releases? This endless chain of missed deadlines is terrible and it is people like you that enable these devs to continue to make false statements like this. Yes I am excited as hell for the Tomcat, yes it is probably going to be the best module DCS has. Does that mean I should just excuse Heatblur for missing now not one but TWO deadlines that they themselves have set? Absolutely not. I'm fine with delays, I'm not okay with communicating one thing and then doing another, that's bullshit and devs should be called out on it or they will continue to repeat this cycle.

I would literally prefer no communication on release dates over stating a set time frame and then missing it by months or YEARS.

Nobody here has any idea. Everyone is obsessed with the 21st of this month, why? They said nothing about it. I love the hate some random dude gave me in another thread for pointing this out.

They're working hard releasing it, but people should set their expectations realistically. "This winter" is is not necessarily december of this this year. But its a couple of weeks of 2018 left so anyhtings is possible and they could drop it next week out of nowhere but is that realistic? The crunch at HB must be insane nailing down bugs and getting the RIO pit in a state they like. Just imagine the posts of bug complaining they want to curb in these final moments by working hard.

March 21st may be a wise decision for us users to anticipate for instead.

The release date has not been changed, it's winter 2018/2019. It's the community that's obsessed with December 21.

Edited by GrizzlyBear83

Nobody here has any idea. Everyone is obsessed with the 21st of this month, why? They said nothing about it. I love the hate some random dude gave me in another thread for pointing this out.

They're working hard releasing it, but people should set their expectations realistically. It will be out when it's out. "This winter" is is not necessarily this year. But its a couple of weeks of 2018 left so anyhtings is possible and they could drop it next week out of nowhere but is that realistic? The crunch at HB must be insane nailing down bugs and getting the RIO pit in a state they like. Just imagine the posts of bug complaining they want to curb in these final moments by working hard.

March 21st may be a wise decision for us users to anticipate for instead.

The release date has no been changed. It's the community that's obsessed with December 21.

THE OFFICIAL HEATBLUR YOUTUBE ACCOUNT SAID "TOMCAT IN 2018."

That's a quote. They clearly aren't going to make that date.

>Oh haha well software development you know this stuff happens :)

....They clearly aren't going to make that date.

There's nothing clear about that... it could certainly still come out this year. Relax... I think their silence is telling. They're working hard to make it happen.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Just like they were clearly going to make a release date in 2017?

There is a difference between how (un)likely it is and how (im)possible it is. You know, 2017 is the past, 2018 is still ongoing. Nothing can happen in 2017 anymore, but in 2018 it is possible. Quantum mechanics 'n' stuff, you know?

Why not wait until the milk is spilled when complaining about it?

There is a difference between how (un)likely it is and how (im)possible it is. You know, 2017 is the past, 2018 is still ongoing. Nothing can happen in 2017 anymore, but in 2018 it is possible. Quantum mechanics 'n' stuff, you know?

Why not wait until the milk is spilled when complaining about it?

Yeah dude I'm SUUUUUUUUUUUUURE they're gonna release in 2018 like they stated. Sure.

What part of "2017 no exceptions." and "Tomcat in 2018." confuses you? Why can't more devs act like BST used to and keep their mouths shut until they are 100% sure about releases? This endless chain of missed deadlines is terrible and it is people like you that enable these devs to continue to make false statements like this. Yes I am excited as hell for the Tomcat, yes it is probably going to be the best module DCS has. Does that mean I should just excuse Heatblur for missing now not one but TWO deadlines that they themselves have set? Absolutely not. I'm fine with delays, I'm not okay with communicating one thing and then doing another, that's bullshit and devs should be called out on it or they will continue to repeat this cycle.

I would literally prefer no communication on release dates over stating a set time frame and then missing it by months or YEARS.

Its toxic people like you that give the community a bad name. Had they not said anything either you or somebody else would have been complaining that they aren't communicating enough. That was the point of my post, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Please learn to read before you pop off like a spoiled entitled child next time. '

They did. You could already pre-order the Tomcat in 2018... and that is by no means sarcastic.

As stated by others here, already, there is an obsession with "emotional, wishful thinking", but this does not help much with speeding up development.

I agree, though, it would be easier, if announcements of release timeframe would be more vague, rather be precise about the current delays, or phase we are in. Fixing remaining bugs, developer working on a key feature ill?

Something else? ...or just hammering away at the last polish and not yet happy with the results? Tell us.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

They also said the goal was December 2018 the official word was Winter, which runs into early 2019.

They also said the goal was December 2018 the official word was Winter, which runs into early 2019.

Did you not even look at the OP where there is clearly a statement from the official Heatblur youtube account stating firmly 2018 release?

I don't care if a company says, "winter 2018/19" and then releases when the product is ready, but how on earth are you not frustrated that there was a clear statement on a 2018 release date that they are going to miss, EXACTLY LIKE THEY MADE IN 2017?!?