F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday 20th is already spring. So with a said release in Winter, it must be before that.

So I guess it will be the last possible date, coming with a DCS Update. So I believe it to be March 13th.

Although it would be neat, if it was not the last possible date of what was said in the first place (ie Winter). Oh well - still hoping for today’s patch? But the realistic me believes in 3-13th.

Oh I saw that but that was posted a week ago...forever in our time scale...

Yep, we have known for a little over a week now that the release candidate is in ED's hands and waiting for final approval...but there seems to be of a bit of a snag, and I don't know what the hold up to this is..."Also in the coming days, we’ll be going through what to expect from the F-14 Early Access, what our roadmap is for it’s final release (-A, Campaigns, other missing features, etc.) and projected timescales."

Wednesday 20th is already spring. So with a said release in Winter, it must be before that.

So I guess it will be the last possible date, coming with a DCS Update. So I believe it to be March 13th.

Although it would be neat, if it was not the last possible date of what was said in the first place (ie Winter). Oh well - still hoping for today’s patch? But the realistic me believes in 3-13th.

Good point...March 20 is Spring...the Tomcat release has to be before that...

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

...March 20 is Spring...the Tomcat release has to be before that...

Spring Equinox is at 21:58 (UK time) on Wednesday, 20 March 2019 - Heatblur/ED seem to be shooting for a last minute release, 'technically' they'll keep their promise to release in 'Winter', if a release patch gets pushed out at 18:00 GMT on the 20th, :cry:

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Spring Equinox is at 21:58 (UK time) on Wednesday, 20 March 2019 - Heatblur/ED seem to be shooting for a last minute release, 'technically' they'll keep their promise to release in 'Winter', if a release patch gets pushed out at 18:00 GMT on the 20th, :cry:

And as usual that’s exactly what’s gonna happen :doh:

Yeah, but think about it, if we were all patient adults with realistic expectations we couldn't have threads like this :thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

And I'm gonna be even more pissed at the 'targeting december' lie then...

Hey don't blame me. I'm not OT anymore :D

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

That being said, I sometimes am unhappy with how things go, but I will buy the 19 even if it goes out the same day as the 14. Even if I don't like the 19 at all, and I don't intend to fly it much. Just like I bought the 21, or the viggen-

I support all companies who work for simulations, especially DCS. Without them, there would be no sim at all-

After all, they would be making more money creating stupid content for stupid games. Instead they work toward the same passion as we have. Aviation and simulation.

Still, I think this tomcat should have gone early access and released as such as soon as it was ready for you tubers. I've given them my trust (and more) long ago.

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Yeah, but think about it, if we were all patient adults with realistic expectations we couldn't have threads like this :thumbup:

Yeah I know, unfortunately we re just kids waiting for their birthday present not remembering their date of birth :megalol:

Or when christmas is..

On the other hand, we might all be fooling ourselves and HB has the last laugh:

skft-dbdd8f9413e514dc7d22264d8947800f.jpg

Edited by Looney

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

"With the DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM Simulations to be released this Friday, 1 March 2019, we will be shifting our Open Beta release to Friday this week instead of the usual Wednesday. A benefit of this is that we’ll now have time to also release an eagerly awaited new Eagle Dynamics feature! Let the speculation run wild!"

Even though they have named it as an "Eagle Dynamics" feature rather than Heatblur... I wonder what the chances are of it being the Tomcat? Well that's my wild speculation run for today anyhoo.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

"With the DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM Simulations to be released this Friday, 1 March 2019, we will be shifting our Open Beta release to Friday this week instead of the usual Wednesday. A benefit of this is that we’ll now have time to also release an eagerly awaited new Eagle Dynamics feature! Let the speculation run wild!"

Even though they have named it as an "Eagle Dynamics" feature rather than Heatblur... I wonder what the chances are of it being the Tomcat? Well that's my wild speculation run for today anyhoo.

No, they are saying its an ED feature. It is likely Wake Turbulence or Dedicated servers. Something on the ED end. They would bring the Tomcat in like this.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Maybe a good implementation of multi-crew? Would be good just before the cat launches.

Net-code fix or something like that..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I scheduled my vacation to March expecting this release. I expect don't be disappointed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

No, they are saying its an ED feature. It is likely Wake Turbulence or Dedicated servers. Something on the ED end. They would bring the Tomcat in like this.

Correct. Actually on ED's Facebook post about it, someone asked about the F-14 and Wags shut him down by saying "Not an ED product."

Oh, you mean because of Brazil´s homicide rate of 29.53 per 100,000 vs 5.35 in the US ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Statistics...:smilewink:

edit: should´ve read Immels post first.

You know that in Austria you can just go to the gunshop and buy rifles and shotguns at 18 years of age? And handguns are not much more complicated ?

"More guns will get less people killed with guns" does make sense, doesn't it? Proven by dozens of statistics and publications... why would anyone pick up his gun and shoot somebody, when he could pick a club or use his bare hands to disable him? ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

First, somebody who wants to kill kills. The victim won´t care what the tool was.

Second, yes, more guns for law abiding citizens will get less of them killed by criminal´s guns. The second kind has them anyways.

But as Cobra wished, let´s better speculate about the release date. None of us will convince the other one of his opinion ;-)

Maybe a good implementation of multi-crew? Would be good just before the cat launches.

Net-code fix or something like that..

Wow. Something that actually makes sense...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

"More guns will get less people killed with guns" does make sense, doesn't it? Proven by dozens of statistics and publications... why would anyone pick up his gun and shoot somebody, when he could pick a club or use his bare hands to disable him? ;)

your problem is that you remove one big element of the equation. Who is going to be the victim.

Without guns it certainly will be the 90 pounds female attacked and raped by those two 200 pound criminals....

Insert legal gun ownership into the equation... You might still end up with more 'victims', as in two 200 pounds criminals..

Yet I fail to see it as a bad thing... What about you ?

In the USA there are about 10k homicides per year by guns, INCLUDING legal homocides in self defense. About 30k people killed by guns in total.

Yet according to the FBI and the DOJ statistics it's about 2 MILLIONS crimes that are prevented each year by legal gun ownership...

Criminals will be armed anyway... So is legal gun ownership a bad thing ???

Again. You need to be careful with your sources.

As cobra said, lets end this OT

Edited by FZG_Immel