** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 **

Cobra847

Trouble is they advertised to have all the features seen in the video so if they did that they could find themselves in trouble.

Personally I'm getting sick of have finished products and I'm not just talking about DCS. What ever happened to FINISHING a product before selling it?

JUST DON'T BUY IT! It's that simple. You can unsubscribe. You can *not* click on this forum. *You* can put all Heablur usernames in the ignore list. This way, you can wait for a finished product and be happy. And others can enjoy a beta/unfinished product. WHO LOSES?

And who exactly is getting in trouble and how? Are you really going to take ED to World Court for a marketing video? It's just a freaking game for goodness sake. Whatever happened to just enjoying a game.

It must be so damn demoralizing for HB folks. Come here to hear people whining and moaning about EVERY damn aspect of the game, release, too early, too late, not ready, want beta, give it to Reapers, don't give it to Reapers on and on and on.

IT'S JUST A GAME. It's supposed to be entertainment. IT'S NOT REAL. Get over yourselves and enjoy the hard work put into the product by HB folks. When it's released, I'm sure a ton of us will have fun playing with it.

So HB folks, release it when it's ready. We're all waiting with bated breath to fly an iconic airframe in DCS. Some of us are pulling hard for you and will be ready to enjoy your creation.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST DON'T BUY IT! It's that simple. You can unsubscribe. You can *not* click on this forum. *You* can put all Heablur usernames in the ignore list. This way, you can wait for a finished product and be happy. And others can enjoy a beta/unfinished product. WHO LOSES?

And who exactly is getting in trouble and how? Are you really going to take ED to World Court for a marketing video? It's just a freaking game for goodness sake. Whatever happened to just enjoying a game.

Oh God. another "Don't buy it" logic..

It's coz of fanboys like u things are the way they are.. this is not a lemonade stand for friends thing...

"It's just a freaking game for goodness sake" right,, a game.. even freeware products have to abide by laws. And dcs modules are not free.. it's not because you decided to buy you have to accept whatever they give you..

You must be one of those guys who never complains about anything you buy apparently.

Germany already banned pre-purchases with vague release dates, hope this becomes a trend.

Get ur logic straight this is not a friends and family only business...

Oh God. another "Don't buy it" logic..

It's coz of fanboys like u things are the way they are.. this is not a lemonade stand for friends thing...

"It's just a freaking game for goodness sake" right,, a game.. even freeware products have to abide by laws. And dcs modules are not free.. it's not because you decided to buy you have to accept whatever they give you..

You must be one of those guys who never complains about anything you buy apparently.

Germany already banned pre-purchases with vague release dates, hope this becomes a trend.

Germany has not banned placeholder or wide release windows. We have, and continue to guarantee, delivery of pre-orders this Winter.

This has not, nor will it change.

We have never asked, nor acted as if we're a hobbyist group - stop acting as such.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Germany has not banned placeholder or wide release windows. We have, and continue to guarantee, delivery of pre-orders this Winter.

This has not, nor will it change.

We have never asked, nor acted as if we're a hobbyist group - stop acting as such.

Winter is vague,,,

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-16-vague-release-dates-for-pre-orders-banned-in-germany

If not, every country should.

I'm not even entering in the field that you mislead people to believe that it was near release when pre-order was announced..

Winter is vague.

Winter is vague,,,

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-16-vague-release-dates-for-pre-orders-banned-in-germany

If not, every country should.

I'm not even entering in the field that you mislead people to believe that it was near release when pre-order was announced..

Winter is vague.

Holy Cow guys, let them do their work and stop blaming where is no reason. HB has stated clearly on Pre Purchase that it will be available this Winter, that specific timeframe reaches from...well you know for your self when it starts and ends.

I´d like to have it in hands as well, but I respect their decision to reach their own threshold for release.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Holy Cow guys, let them do their work and stop blaming where is no reason. HB has stated clearly on Pre Purchase that it will be available this Winter, that specific timeframe reaches from...well you know for your self when it starts and ends.

I´d like to have it in hands as well, but I respect their decision to reach their own threshold for release.

Nope.. before announcement they posted on facebook "F14 in 2018" and later they deleted after the announcement..

So when they started the pre-order and said Winter, what would you think??

I'm not obligated to go through their facebook, check for deleted posts and realized everything by myself?

That's the main reason people were expecting it on December?

The pre-order was 2 months before winter... So it was reasonable to think that they were using those last 2 months to prepare to launch..

They were vague and misleading...

My point about the lemonade stand is exactly that, not that they claimed to be, but how fanboys want other players to behave.

about the timeframe... Imagine if everything you buy from now on, instead of a date, they give you season timeframes?

about the timeframe... Imagine if everything you buy from now on, instead of a date, they give you season timeframes?

Loads of developers do exactly that. Personally I don't agree with it but it's not like I can do anything other than NOT TO PREORDER the module or game, which is exactly what everyone here keeps repeating and which you intentionally or unintentionally gloss over.

Also Winter 2018 was kind of vague until the last update when Cobra stated a GUARANTEED release date before the calendar end of Winter 2018. (20th of March)

The module "might" come before then, but if you don't believe that then the 20th of March 2019 is the guaranteed release date.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

No kidding, some entitled people in this community. When pre-ordering hit, it said "this winter" (December 21st, 2018 - March 20th, 2018 ).

These must be the same people that scoff at the fact they got a silver Mercedes instead of the black one they wanted for their 16th birthday.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

No kidding, some entitled people in this community. When pre-ordering hit, it said "this winter" (December 21st, 2018 - March 20th, 2018 ).

These must be the same people that scoff at the fact they got a silver Mercedes instead of the black one they wanted for their 16th birthday.

Before pre-order they said "F14 in 2018"

what's ur logic for that?

Before pre-order they said "F14 in 2018"

what's ur logic for that?

They pivoted to account for changes in development, as most software developers do, and made it Winter instead. Pretty simple to comprehend, not sure why you are struggling so hard with this.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

They pivoted to account for changes in development, as most software developers do, and made it Winter instead. Pretty simple to comprehend, not sure why you are struggling so hard with this.

Oh man..hard to argue with a fanboy

I bet you don't accept so simply that kind of behavior from other business..

You are the one struggling to understand that you are biased and no matter what they do you will defend them.

I doubt that you would accept a car lease that was advertised for 2018, but when u signed the contract it says anytime between 2018 and 2019.

Even if you argue that it was your fault not to read the contract, the car dealer was dishonest.

And that's the whole point..

got it fanboy?

You are the one struggling to understand that you are biased and no matter what they do you will defend them.

I doubt that you would accept a car lease that was advertised for 2018, but when u signed the contract it says anytime between 2018 and 2019.

Even if you argue that it was your fault not to read the contract, the car dealer was dishonest.

got it fanboy?

No actually it's YOUR fault for (pre)ordering without a set release date. A vague date, or NO date is exactly that. NO DATE. So if you choose to preorder then set your expectations accordingly! Also, FYI Im not a fanboy either, I dissaprove of the practice of allowing preorders without set release dates, for exactly this reason! Im just smart enough to vote with my wallet.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

LOL

Dishonest, umm no. Did things change after the initial announcement, yes...

Completely different situation and you really need to settle down.

Got it NON fanboy?

I'm sorry, I miss the part during the announcement that they said,"I'm sorry but It's not guaranteed on 2018 anymore"

...got it fanboy?

I'm not familiar with the lingo of the internet. What's a fanboy?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I'm sorry, I miss the part during the announcement that they said,"I'm sorry but It's not guaranteed on 2018 anymore"

Seriously buddy you need to get over yourself..

Things change especially with a BETA product.

If this is all too difficult to withstand you can always WAIT for the finished product and do so quietly.

We really won't mind..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

got it fanboy?

I'm not a fan boy, just an adult that has clearly lived longer than you have and has a fair understanding on how the world works. Things like this happen in many industries and due dates change ALL THE TIME. Project dates, construction dates, RFP's, you name it and time tables change all the time. Also, those time changes usually end up costing the company that changed that date and good chunk of money. I'm sorry you didn't get your toy for Christmas young man, but grow a set and wait it out patiently like the big kids.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Seriously buddy you need to get over yourself..

Things change especially with a BETA product.

If this is all too difficult to withstand you can always WAIT for the finished product and do so quietly.

We really won't mind..

Yeah.. forgot that this is a lemonade stand..

let's wait...

it's not because you decided to buy you have to accept whatever they give you..

The process of "buying something" explained for beginners:

You want to have/get something and offer to pay for it. The price tag is the indication of the vendor to help you understand what he thinks his product is worth. Still you, the customer offers(!!!) to pay an amount of XX cash for it. By doing so you accept to buy the product as seen or advertised, because YOU want to buy it and nobody holds a gun to your head and says "I shoot you, if you don't buy this".

If the product differs from what was advertised, or it has faults not obvious when you bought it, you have the right to get a replacement working as advertised or if that's not possible your money back, or if you accept it, a similar or better product.

That is pretty much what your rights are. Of course a lot of shops under the pressure of competition do offer guarantees, refunds etc. on their own(!) to lure more customers in. Still, this is voluntarily and not a requirement!

If you don't want a pre-purchase with a timeframe announced, don't go and buy it.

I guess when you order a pizza and they tell you it may take "between 30-60 minutes, because they're busy" you would rain hell on them, because they can't give you the exact delivery minute?

No, they require to give an exact date, when you can expect the product to be delivered. So you get a date like 5th Jan 3099 (that you accept, by buying) and fortunately, as a "benefit" for the customer, they manage to get the product released earlier in 2019... so I am absolutely fine with Winter 2018/19, but that's just me.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Jesus.....can nobody wait for anything anymore!! It’s pre order, you don’t have to buy it. 2018, jan feb March who cares. I’m pretty excited to fly it but I’ve a load of other aircraft that I’m only 10% competent in flying so I’ll fly them till it’s ready..stop moaning, it’s worse than kids waiting for Xmas day

I guess when you order a pizza and they tell you it may take "between 30-60 minutes, because they're busy" you would rain hell on them, because they can't give you the exact delivery minute?

HAHA great call on the Pizza line!!!

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

I'm not a fan boy, just an adult that has clearly lived longer than you have and has a fair understanding on how the world works. Things like this happen in many industries and due dates change ALL THE TIME. Project dates, construction dates, RFP's, you name it and time tables change all the time. Also, those time changes usually end up costing the company that changed that date and good chunk of money. I'm sorry you didn't get your toy for Christmas young man, but grow a set and wait it out patiently like the big kids.

lol old enough apparently to know that age insults are not a thing anymore.. u r bad at guessing too..

yeah,, get ur dates delayed on construction and u will get a penalty, dont deliver ur project in time and it might cost ur career..

it's not about patience, neither it comes with age,, some people are more passive, some not, that doesn't change with age. By your logic the world would be so perfect with so many "Big guys" out there, like everyone is equal,..

ur premises are so terrible that I'm sorry you are already old and might not have much time left to see how narrow ur mind is..

Nope.. before announcement they posted on facebook "F14 in 2018" and later they deleted after the announcement..

So when they started the pre-order and said Winter, what would you think??

I'm not obligated to go through their facebook, check for deleted posts and realized everything by myself?

That's the main reason people were expecting it on December?

The pre-order was 2 months before winter... So it was reasonable to think that they were using those last 2 months to prepare to launch..

They were vague and misleading...

My point about the lemonade stand is exactly that, not that they claimed to be, but how fanboys want other players to behave.

Yep, imagine that! You would have to make a mature decision(!) if you want to accept the timeframe or WAIT until the finished product is available!

Horrible! We would need to check the shop from time to time if "apples" are finally for sale again, or they still only have "oranges"! I can't imagine how I would manage it when they told me "apples" will be available in summer, again.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)