** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 **

Cobra847

Thank you. Surely though it will be Early Access for a long while and won't stay only in Open Beta the whole time. Aren't the other modules in Early Access in the release version?

No biggie, it's easy enough to switch to Open Beta.

It won’t necessarily stay in open beta. It will become available in open beta first and we can’t say how long it might be before it moves to stable, I think the AV-8B and F/A-18 moved to stable in a month or maybe a little less. When you decide whether to switch to open beta, bear in mind that new features will hit open beta first, but some will contain bugs yet to be squashed.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won’t necessarily stay in open beta. It will become available in open beta first and we can’t say how long it might be before it moves to stable, I think the AV-8B and F/A-18 moved to stable in a month or maybe a little less. When you decide whether to switch to open beta, bear in mind that new features will hit open beta first, but some will contain bugs yet to be squashed.

Cheers, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I have run Open Beta before, but last time I installed DCS I went for Release, for whatever reason. I'll just switch back to OB since most bugs seem to get carried over anyway.

Thanks again.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Cheers, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I have run Open Beta before, but last time I installed DCS I went for Release, for whatever reason. I'll just switch back to OB since most bugs seem to get carried over anyway.

Thanks again.

If you have enough space you can install both in parallel.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Don't see why it wouldn't be available on stable as well on release, since HB develops everything themselves whereas RB for instance does not and uses alot from ED.

Or, so I've read somewhere on this forum. :)

Don't see why it wouldn't be available on stable as well on release, since HB develops everything themselves whereas RB for instance does not and uses alot from ED.

Or, so I've read somewhere on this forum. :)

That’s right, it will be available on both stable and open beta but will hit OB first, and new features will become available on OB first.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

If you have enough space you can install both in parallel.

Good idea, however I think that exceeds my passion for this game. :blush:

I'm good with OB. There will always be bugs (like the Starship Troopers littany of movies), but ... meh, I only have a handful of modules and still no where near enough time to enjoy them all as it is (not to mention Battle of Game-that-Shall-Not-Be-Named :pilotfly:). It is easy to find something else to do while bugs are squashed.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

That’s right, it will be available on both stable and open beta but will hit OB first, and new features will become available on OB first.

Yes, due to the update schedule ED uses, not because of testing purposes or something like that, I meant. Since they develop all the different systems for this aircraft in-house, unlike some other 3rd party developers.

Doesn't really matter much anyway for me, I can wait two more weeks. ;)

This. No reason to use Stable branch actually except for enjoying longer waits dealwithit.png

my squadron is OB only, I haven´t stable even installed at all and we´re experiencing no issues

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I just hope HB and ED get the module out to Stable before their deadline ends or we'll have another 30 pages of drama here...

:badmood:

Anybody remembers Viggen release?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Anybody remembers Viggen release?

Everybody refers to Viggen Release, all I can remember is that it suddenly were available. What happened back there?

(I dont have the Viggen and I´m not interessted in it, just to mention)

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

What happened back there?

Viggen released on the announced date, but only for open beta. I think this was communicated only 1 or 2 days prior. So a bunch of very vocal people felt cheated and started screaming, said they were lied to etc. Other guys rushed in to defend the devs, yet others tried to explain how easy it is to switch from stable to beta over and over again only to be ignored, the whole open beta concept was put into question, there was talk about class action lawsuits and so on. All the fun stuff. :lol: The whole affair lasted for nearly a week before the dust started to settle.

With the influx of a whole lot of new people to DCS in the last year i see a high potential of a riot if this should really happen again. In this case I might want to avoid the forum altogether for a couple of days for the sake of my sanity. :)

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Viggen released on the announced date, but only for open beta. I think this was communicated only 1 or 2 days prior. So a bunch of very vocal people felt cheated and started screaming, said they were lied to etc. Other guys rushed in to defend the devs, yet others tried to explain how easy it is to switch from stable to beta over and over again only to be ignored, the whole open beta concept was put into question, there was talk about class action lawsuits and so on. All the fun stuff. :lol: The whole affair lasted for nearly a week before the dust started to settle.

With the influx of a whole lot of new people to DCS in the last year i see a high potential of a riot if this should really happen again. In this case I might want to avoid the forum altogether for a couple of days for the sake of my sanity. :)

It's the same for pretty much every single module, and have been since the sim came out.

You can separate the community into three main groups:

- Those that will scream, bitch, rant, demand their money back and threaten with lawsuits

- Those that will vehemently defend the devs until death, regardless.

- Those that will sit in the middle eating popcorn and accepting that a desktop sim will NEVER become 100% identical to the real aircraft.

You'll have more or less rabit people in every camp, however.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Thanks, that was a good explanation. By the time the Viggen was released I was stuck to another game anyways thus I did not noticed any of that.

But as you said...I´m curious as well how this will turn in...at the end, there´re always folks around who aren´t glad if they cant moan around.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Everybody refers to Viggen Release, all I can remember is that it suddenly were available.

Pretty much what I can remember. Didn't even know about it at all until that Bröllopsfilm came out late in November 2016 except for some vague hints in Cobra's avatar pictures that basically just told us "hey, we might be doing a Viggen" if we have been able to identify what's been shown there. By the end of January 2017 I was flying that thing already, about two weeks (literally) after the first videos popped up on YouTube. Anything besides that in the HB (/Leatherneck) section was Tomcat related and way to early to be of interest at all for me to get hyped about.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

This is not intended to begin the Third World War, but didn’t Cobra say he’d be updating us weekly on the Tomcats progress towards launch? I don’t know why he even bothered to mention updates to be honest. It’s only going to break the fragile hearts of so many hype trainers if he doesn’t deliver. I take his silence as golden though, it means they must be working extremely hard to get it there.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

I was thinking about asking a bit more for those short updates but then I thought it wont be anything new anyway.

If they got news they will most likely publish them anyway, so no need for Cobra to type "release not imminent" :D

Yeah exactly what I think, but it does make you think why he said he’d update us weekly. I wouldn’t have thought they’d be doing enough work weekly to provide substantial updates other than warmer or colder to release posts. Which I don’t find it a necessary thing to do. The only update I need is to tell us when they have decided on a release date. That will be an awesome day!

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

We released an hour of F-14 footage through the content creators we've been supporting over the last week. :) That was our plan for the "development update" this week.

To be completely fair; it's not a development update per se; but I figured it would be more enjoyable than anything I could drop in here.

We're still hard at work on most of the items listed in the OP and moving rapidly towards RC1. I'll put together a meatier and more detailed status report for next week.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We released an hour of F-14 footage through the content creators we've been supporting over the last week. :) That was our plan for the "development update" this week.

To be completely fair; it's not a development update per se; but I figured it would be more enjoyable than anything I could drop in here.

We're still hard at work on most of the items listed in the OP and moving rapidly towards RC1. I'll put together a meatier and more detailed status report for next week.

Gracias! Appreciate the info. You and the team, keep up the good fight!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Appreciate the info. I know it may sound bad but I want to wait until almost the last possible time to pre order so then I don't feel like I'm waiting any longer. Love the previews I've seen so far!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Appreciate the info. I know it may sound bad but I want to wait until almost the last possible time to pre order so then I don't feel like I'm waiting any longer. Love the previews I've seen so far!

Hello,

Why would it sound bad ?

Nobody here owes anything to anyone.

People are only expected to buy the product out of their own free will.

Some will buy it before it is available, others will only buy it the day it gets released.

Eitherway, people will buy it only when or if, they decide they want to.

That's all.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB