Former Hornet Pilots Fly Together in DCS (in VR)

Mover

Gonky and I tried a flight together in DCS: F/A-18 in multiplayer, this time we both used VR. The results were much different than the first video.

And here's Gonky's take.

Hope you all enjoy it! Thanks for the feedback from the last videos!

Yes! You finally got to try it in VR! There’s really no comparison with monitor/TrackIR.

Yes you lose resolution but the sense of depth and scale is remarkable.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Now this is brilliant! Thanks for sharing. The difference VR makes is palpable. Kudos to everyone involved, and thank you for the nice assessment at the end by Mover.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well Mover, just came upon a thread on VR subsection while looking for something, since you were using Touch controllers, since today's patch Push buttons and switches now works with the controler by simply touching them and not only clicking as a mouse as it was, though feels weird, i feel like i'm having big clumsy fingers. :)

great....i will see the video as soon as i can

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

The touch and go was a greaser! Amazing how much better a trained aviator is compared to the rest of us ;)

And the dogfights were very entertaining. Finally, the formation flying looked professional. I kept thinking...man these guys are good.

Thanks again Mover/Gonky.

And by the way DCS family, grab Mover's book. It's F16 pilot doing Reacher/Puller stuff! Quite entertaining. Let's support the guys who support DCS.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Great! Very nice! :D

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria, Kola.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

:thumbup:

Enjoyed watching, good laughs, informative.

It would be nice if you guys had the time to set stick/throttle as close as you can to real or as you feel would be acceptably.

Respects ...Shad

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

And then there is Lex's teaser that he may be going into the HW business to overcome limitations that he finds frustrating. :)

Although, using extensions on the TM may have helped. Granted, there's no feedback like in the real thing so that will always be a challenge. Still it was a blast to watch them fly in formation.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

:thumbup:

Enjoyed watching, good laughs, informative.

It would be nice if you guys had the time to set stick/throttle as close as you can to real or as you feel would be acceptably.

Respects ...Shad

Nice! "... the floor is the floor" Hell yea! That's how we the simmers do it:D

Better VR coming up hopefully soon. Controlls… well, some day, maybe

I think TM is making a new HOTAS for this module, but can't confirm because this is going off memory from a long time ago. The HOTAS itself isn't really too different from the hawg, but all the simmers with these setups the guys are using have their own custom setups that can really throw you off.